St. Rose of Lima's Old Church (Q7591635)

Summary from English Wikipedia (enwiki)

The Old Church of St. Rose of Lima is a former Roman Catholic parish church which was under the authority of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, located at 36 Cannon Street between Broome Street and Delancey Street in the Lower East Side of Manhattan, New York City. The rectory was located at 42 Cannon Street; the school was located at 290 Delancey Street. The 1871 church was described by The New York Times when it opened in 1871, as one of the finest churches in the city. The church was demolished around July 1901 and the site redeveloped in conjunction with the erection of the Williamsburg Bridge (1903) and public housing. A new church was begun shortly after property was purchased in July 1900 at Grand and Lewis Streets. The parish closed in the 1960s.

Wikidata location: 40.7164, -73.9800 view on OSM or edit on OSM

matches

login to upload wikidata tags

no matches found

Search criteria from Wikidata

view with query.wikidata.org

place of worship (Q1370598) amenity=place_of_worship
church building (Q16970) religion=christian, building=church
building (Q41176) building=yes, building

Search criteria from categories

19th-century Roman Catholic church buildings in the United States amenity=place_of_worship, man_made=tower, disused:amenity=place_of_worship, building=church
Churches completed in 1871 amenity=place_of_worship, man_made=tower, disused:amenity=place_of_worship, building=church
Closed churches in New York City amenity=place_of_worship, man_made=tower, disused:amenity=place_of_worship, building=church
Closed churches in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York amenity=place_of_worship, man_made=tower, disused:amenity=place_of_worship, building=church
Demolished churches in New York City amenity=place_of_worship, man_made=tower, disused:amenity=place_of_worship, building=church
Gothic Revival church buildings in New York City amenity=place_of_worship, man_made=tower, disused:amenity=place_of_worship, building=church
Religious organizations established in 1868 building=commercial, landuse=industrial
Roman Catholic churches in Manhattan amenity=place_of_worship, man_made=tower, disused:amenity=place_of_worship, building=church