Plas Machynlleth is the former Welsh residence of the Marquesses of Londonderry. It is situated in the market town of Machynlleth in Powys (formerly Montgomeryshire), Wales. It was brought into the family following the 1846 marriage of the then Viscount Seaham (who later became, in March 1854, Earl Vane, and in November 1872 the 5th Marquess of Londonderry) to Mary Cornelia Edwards, who inherited it on the death of her father, Sir John Edwards, in 1850. Sir John had extended and renamed the house. It is a Grade II* listed building.
Machynlleth railway station is a railway station on the Cambrian Line in mid-Wales, serving the town of Machynlleth. It was built by the Newtown and Machynlleth Railway (N&MR), and subsequently passed into the ownership of the Cambrian Railways, the Great Western Railway, Western Region of British Railways and London Midland Region of British Railways. It is notable that there is a distance of 22 miles (35 km) between this station and Caersws, the longest distance between two intermediate stations in Wales.
MOMA Machynlleth or Museum of Modern Art, Machynlleth (Formerly MOMA Wales(Welsh: MOMA Cymru)) is an arts centre and gallery adjacent to Y Tabernacl (The Tabernacle) in Machynlleth, Powys, Wales.
Celtica was an educational guest centre located in Machynlleth, Wales. Formed in 1995, Celtica provided domestic and foreign tourists with information on Celtic life through detailed dioramas of a round-house village, the opening times were 10am - 6pm. After consistent low visitor turnout and failure to secure funding, Celtica closed in March 2006. The site was managed by Tecwyn V. Jones until 2000.