Llanbrynmair (Welsh pronunciation ) is a village, community and electoral ward in Montgomeryshire, Powys, on the A470 road between Caersws and Machynlleth. Llanbrynmair, in area, is the second largest in Powys. In 2011, it had a population of 920.
Dolfach is a village in Powys, Wales, located on the main A470 road between Llanbrynmair and Talerddig. The village's name translates as "small meadow".
Dylife is a former mining settlement in Powys, Wales, located at the head of Afon Twymyn in the Cambrian Mountains, one mile west of the road between Llanidloes and Llanbrynmair (B4518). It is in the historic county of Montgomeryshire. The nearby lead mines intermittently sustained mining communities from Roman times until the early 20th century. During the late 19th century, as mining declined after the 1860s so did Dylife's population. The remaining buildings are two former chapels converted into homes and the Star Inn.
Llanbrynmair railway station was a railway station on the Newtown and Machynlleth Railway (N&MR) in Mid-Wales, serving the village of Llanbrynmair.
Mae Esgair Ddu yn gopa mynydd a geir ym Mhumlumon rhwng Aberystwyth a'r Trallwng; cyfeiriad grid SH873106. Uchder cymharol, neu ”amlygrwydd” y copa, ydy 242 metr: dyma'r uchder mae'r copa'n codi uwchlaw'r mynydd agosaf.
Mae Bryn Amlwg yn gopa mynydd a geir ym Mhumlumon rhwng Aberystwyth a'r Trallwng; cyfeiriad grid SN921973. Uchder cymharol, neu ”amlygrwydd” y copa, ydy 318metr: dyma'r uchder mae'r copa'n codi uwchlaw'r mynydd agosaf.
Mae Carnedd Wen yn gopa mynydd a geir ym Mhumlumon rhwng Aberystwyth a'r Trallwng; cyfeiriad grid SH924099. Uchder cymharol, neu ”amlygrwydd” y copa, ydy 295metr: dyma'r uchder mae'r copa'n codi uwchlaw'r mynydd agosaf.
Domen Fawr, or Tafolwern Castle was a motte-and-bailey castle of the Middle Ages. It is situated in Tafolwern, near Llanbrynmair in Powys. It is registered with Cadw as monument MG065 and is a scheduled monument.
Talerddig railway station was a station in Talerddig, Powys, Wales. The station opened in 1900 and closed on 14 June 1965, one of many on the line abandoned as a result of the Beeching Axe. The signal box predated the station, being built by McKenzie and Holland in 1874. The old Station Master's house now forms part of a private residence. The station was demolished shortly after closure. There is still a much-used passing loop on the Cambrian Line here, though this is now supervised from the signalling centre at Machynlleth and the points work automatically.