All Saints is a closed Anglican church in Corn Street, Bristol. For many years it was used as a Diocesan Education Centre but this closed in 2015. The building has been designated as a grade II* listed building.
Colstons Almshouses is a historic building on St Michaels Hill, Bristol, England. It was built in 1691 and has been designated by Historic England as a grade I listed building. The front wall and gates are also grade I listed.
Cotham Church is a Gothic Revival style church in Cotham, Bristol, England. Since 1975, it has been a Church of England parish church known as the Church of St Saviour with St Mary or simply as Cotham Parish Church.
The Cube Microplex is a social art experiment existing in the form of a cinema and event venue in Bristol, England. It operates as a non-profit cooperative. Since opening in 1998 it has hosted artistic and cultural events including films and music performances as well as providing a focal point for the local artistic community. The building includes a 108-seat theatre/cinema as well as a bar serving local and ethical products. All participants provide their involvement in the project voluntarily and are unwaged.
The Hatchet Inn is a historic public house situated on Frogmore Street in the English city of Bristol. It is a Grade II listed building. The name is thought to originate from the axes/hatchets that the local woodsmen used in Clifton Woods.
The Llandoger Trow is a historic public house in Bristol, south-west England. Dating from 1664, it is on King Street, between Welsh Back and Queen Charlotte Street, near the old city centre docks. Named by a sailor who owned the pub after Llandogo which built trows, the building was damaged in World War II, but remained in sufficiently good condition to be designated Grade II* listed building status in 1959. The pub is said to have inspired Robert Louis Stevenson to write of the Admiral Benbow Inn in Treasure Island and Daniel Defoe supposedly met Alexander Selkirk there, his inspiration for Robinson Crusoe. The pub is also supposedly haunted, with up to 15 ghosts, the best known being a small child whose footsteps can be heard on the top floor.
The King William Ale House is a historic public house situated on King Street in Bristol, England. It dates from 1670 and was originally part of a row of three houses. The three have been designated by English Heritage as a grade II* listed building since 8 January 1959. It includes a mixture of 17th-century and 18th-century features, but currently serves as a public house owned and operated by Samuel Smiths Old Brewery.
M Shed is a museum in Bristol, England, located on Prince's Wharf beside the Floating Harbour in a dockside transit shed formerly occupied by Bristol Industrial Museum. The museum's name is derived from the way that the port identified each of its sheds. M Shed is home to displays of 3,000 Bristol artefacts and stories, showing Bristol's role in the slave trade and items on transport, people, and the arts. Admission is free.
The O2 Academy Bristol (originally known as the Locarno) is a music venue located on Frogmore Street in Bristol, England. It is run by the Academy Music Group. On 1 January 2009 sponsorship was taken over from Carling by telecommunications company O2 and the venue's name changed from the Carling Academy to the O2 Academy. The Academy which hosts club nights and gigs was opened in 2001, and was the third Academy venue in the UK.
Queen Elizabeth's Hospital (also known as QEH) is an independent school in Clifton, Bristol, England founded in 1586. Stephen Holliday has served as Headmaster since 2000, having succeeded Dr Richard Gliddon. The Queen is the School's patron, although QEH is named after its original patron Queen Elizabeth I.
The Shakespeare Public House (grid reference ST586725) is a historic public house situated at 66-70 Prince Street in Bristol, England. Originally built in 1725 by the Bristol builder John Strahan as a pair of attached Georgian-style houses, it was converted into a public house in 1777 at which time it supplied refreshment to dock workers at the adjoining port. It has been a grade II* listed building since 1959. (Not to be confused with the Shakespeare Inn, Bristol.)
St Michael's Hospital is a maternity hospital in Bristol, England. Built in 1975, St Michael's Hospital provides maternity services for the south of Bristol. It is managed by University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust.
St Bartholomew's Hospital is the site of a medieval monastery hospital at the bottom of Christmas Steps, in Lewin's Mead, Bristol, England. It has been designated as a grade II* listed building.
St George's is a former church in Great George Street, off Park Street, on the lower slopes of Brandon Hill in Bristol, England. Since 1999 it has been used as a music venue known as St George's Bristol. It was built in the 1820s by Sir Robert Smirke. It is a Grade II* listed building.
St Mark's Church is an ancient church on the north-east side of College Green, Bristol, England, built c. 1230. Better known to mediaeval and Tudor historians as the Gaunt's Chapel, it has also been known within Bristol since 1722 as the Lord Mayor's Chapel. It is one of only two churches in England privately owned and used for worship by a city corporation. The other is St Lawrence Jewry, London. It stands opposite St Augustine's Abbey (after 1542 Bristol Cathedral), founded by a member of the Berkeley family of nearby Berkeley Castle, from which it was originally separated by the Abbey's burial ground, now called College Green. It was built as the chapel to the adjacent Gaunt's Hospital, now demolished, founded in 1220. Except for the west front, the church has been enclosed by later adjacent buildings, although the tower is still visible. The church contains some fine late gothic features and a collection of continental stained glass. It is designated by Historic England as a grade I listed building.
St Mary on the Quay is a Roman Catholic Parish church in Bristol, England. It is situated on Colston Avenue, next to Colston Tower in the centre of the city. It is the oldest Roman Catholic church in Bristol; the first one built after the Reformation. it was formerly administered by the Society of Jesus and is currently served by the Divine Word Missionaries. It is a Grade II* listed building.
St Michael on the Mount Without is a church on St Michael's Hill in Bristol, England, near the University. It has been designated as a grade II* listed building, and is currently described as being in poor condition and on the Buildings at Risk Register.
Castle Park (sometimes referred to as Castle Green) is a public open space in Bristol, England, managed by Bristol City Council. It is bounded by the Floating Harbour and Castle Street to the south, Lower Castle Street to the east, and Broad Weir, Newgate and Wine Street to the north. Its western boundary is less obviously defined and has been the subject of controversy, perhaps because the area around High Street and St Mary le Port Church, though not part of the park and always intended for development, is often considered at the same time as the park.
Castlemead is the tallest high-rise building in Bristol, England. Designed by A.J. Hines and started in 1973, work was halted by a recession in the property market and it was completed in 1981. The building has a roof height of 80 metres or 262 feet and consists of 18 floors, 17 of which are offices. Castlemead is owned by Regional Properties Ltd and managed by Knight Frank LLP.
The Chapel of the Three Kings of Cologne is a church in Colston Street, near the top of Christmas Steps, Bristol, England. It has been designated as a Grade II* listed building.
SS Philip and Jacob Church, (grid reference ST594730) previously referred to as Pip 'n' Jay, is a parish church in central Bristol, England. The church that meets there is now called Central. Its full name since 1934 is St Philip and St Jacob with Emmanuel the Unity, although reference to the original church of St Philip exists in records dating from 1174. Historically the 'Mother church of East Bristol', it serves the area known as The Dings.
The Crown is a historic public house situated on All Saints Lane, Bristol, England and is near to St Nicholas Market. The Crown is located in an area known as "the Old City". The Crown was built in the 18th century and is a Grade II listed building.
The Old Duke is a jazz and blues venue and pub situated on King Street in the English city of Bristol. Live music is played every night of the week, admission is free and it hosts an annual Jazz Festival. The pub's name is a reference to the classic American jazz musician Duke Ellington, though the pub has actually held the same (or similar) name since it was built, and most likely previously referred to The Duke of Cumberland.
Woodlands Church is an evangelical church in Bristol, England. It is situated on the corner of Belgrave Road and Woodland Road, near the University of Bristol campus in Clifton.
The Grand Hotel is a hotel in a Grade II Listed Building in Broad Street in Bristol, England. Renovated in 2017, and now known as the Mercure Bristol Grand Hotel, it now has 155 rooms, and is extensively decorated with art by local Bristol artists.
The Bristol Guild of Applied Art, more commonly referred to within Bristol as simply The Guild, is a privately held department store on Bristol's Park Street in the UK. Founded in 1908, the Guild was inspired by the philosophy of William Morris, and originally offered a place for artists and craftsmen to come together, learn from each other and sell their wares. Today it still showcases artists both local and foreign, while also operating as a more conventional small department store.
The Bristol Hippodrome (grid reference ST590729) is a theatre located in The Centre, Bristol, England, United Kingdom with seating on three levels giving a capacity of 1,951. It frequently features shows from London's West End when they tour the UK, as well as regular visits by Welsh National Opera and an annual pantomime.
The Bristol Royal Infirmary, also known as the BRI, is a large teaching hospital situated in the centre of Bristol, England. It has links with the nearby University of Bristol and the Faculty of Health and Social Care at the University of the West of England, also in Bristol.
Boston Tea Party is a British family-owned independent café group headquartered at its first café in Park Street, Bristol, which opened in 1995. The business has 22 cafés, predominantly in South West England. Each location adopts a unique interior design and the company emphasises the ethical sourcing of local produce.