Rymill Park, also known as Park 14 and Mullawirraburka in Kaurna, is a recreation park located in the East Park Lands of the South Australian capital of Adelaide. It is bordered by East and Dequetteville Terraces, and Rundle and Bartels Roads. It is in close proximity to the Adelaide Botanic Garden, Hutt Street, and Victoria Park.
Parliament House, on the corner of North Terrace and King William Road in the Adelaide city centre, is the seat of the Parliament of South Australia. It was built to replace the adjacent and overcrowded Parliament House, now referred to as "Old Parliament House". Due to financial constraints, the current Parliament House was constructed in stages over 65 years from 1874 to 1939.
The South Australian Museum is a natural history museum and research institution in Adelaide, South Australia, founded in 1856. It occupies a complex of buildings on North Terrace in the cultural precinct of the Adelaide Parklands.
Christ Church, North Adelaide is an Anglican church consecrated in 1849. The Foundation Stone was laid in 1848 by Augustus Short, first Bishop of Adelaide. Christ Church was the pro-cathedral until 1877 when St Peter’s Cathedral opened.
Calvary Hospital North Adelaide (previously Calvary Hospital Adelaide, originally North Adelaide Hospital) is one of Adelaide's oldest hospitals, having been established before 1900, when the Little Company of Mary Sisters took control of the hospital. It features a large maternity wing. Calvary is a fully operational hospital which, in 2016, had 153 beds. It also has an extensive Mary Potter Hospice and a comprehensive Cancer Centre.
The Adelaide meeting house of the Religious Society of Friends ("Quakers") is situated on Pennington Terrace, North Adelaide, South Australia, literally in the shadow of St Peters Cathedral, on its west side. It is substantially made of timber, the only such church building in the City. Besides Sunday meetings, weddings and the like, it has also hosted secular meetings, particularly for peace, education, temperance and other social causes. It also served briefly for Adelaide's Presbyterian congregation prior to construction of the Church of Scotland building on Grenfell Street, also for the North Adelaide congregation of the Church of England.
Trinity City (also known as Holy Trinity Church Adelaide, and originally named Trinity Church), is an evangelical Anglican church located at 88 North Terrace, in the city of Adelaide, South Australia. Trinity City has four gatherings at the North Terrace location each Sunday, as well as various other meetings throughout the week.
Rundle Mall is a pedestrian street mall located in Adelaide, South Australia. It was opened as a pedestrian mall in September 1976 by closing the section of Rundle Street between King William Street and Pulteney Street, to vehicular traffic. The street continues as Rundle Street (as before) to the east and Hindley Street to the west.
The State Library of South Australia, located on North Terrace, Adelaide, is the official library of the Australian state of South Australia. It is the largest public research library in the state with a collection focus on South Australian information, and general reference material for information and research purposes.
University Oval, referred to by the University of Adelaide, Adelaide University Sports Association and various other groups, is a part of Park 12 in the Adelaide Parklands located across the River Torrens opposite the University of Adelaide. Park 12 is bounded by North Terrace, Frome Road, Sir Edwin Smith Avenue and King William Road
The West Terrace Cemetery is South Australia's oldest cemetery, first appearing on Colonel William Light's 1837 plan of Adelaide. The 27.6 hectares (68 acres) site is located in Park 23 of the Adelaide Park Lands just south-west of the Adelaide city centre, between West Terrace, Anzac Highway, Sir Donald Bradman Drive and the Seaford and Belair railway lines. Originally known as the Adelaide Public Cemetery, it is divided into a number of sections for various communities and faiths, including two Catholic areas, as well as Jewish, Afghan, Islamic and Quaker sections.
Whitmore Square is a public square in the centre of the south-western quarter of the Adelaide city centre. It surrounds the intersection of Sturt and Morphett Streets. It was named by the Street Naming Committee after William Wolryche Whitmore, a British Member of Parliament who introduced the South Australia Foundation Act to the British House of Commons. It is also known as Ivaritji, a Kaurna name meaning "gentle, misty rain." Ivaritji (1847?-1929), also known as Amelia Taylor, was the (then) last remaining speaker of the Kaurna language.
The Telstra House is a skyscraper/high-rise building that is located in the Adelaide CBD on the northern side of Pirie Street. The Telstra House rises 104 metres above the ground and has 24 floors.
115 King William Street is a high-rise building located on the west side of King William Street in the Adelaide city centre between Waymouth and Currie streets. It rises 87 metres to the roof and 90 metres to the antenna spire. The building has 26 storeys. Construction of the building began in 2015 and was completed in 2016. 115 King William Street is the sixth tallest building in Adelaide.