Parliament House, on the corner of North Terrace and King William Road in the Adelaide city centre, is the seat of the Parliament of South Australia. It was built to replace the adjacent and overcrowded Parliament House, now referred to as "Old Parliament House". Due to financial constraints, the current Parliament House was constructed in stages over 65 years from 1874 to 1939.
The South Australian Museum is a natural history museum and research institution in Adelaide, South Australia, founded in 1856. It occupies a complex of buildings on North Terrace in the cultural precinct of the Adelaide Parklands.
Adelaide Casino is a large casino and recreational venue on the north edge of the Adelaide city centre. Located in the heritage-listed Adelaide railway station building on North Terrace, Adelaide, the casino has 90 gaming tables and 950 gaming machines, as well as several bars, function areas and restaurants. Operated as part of the Skycity Entertainment Group, it is the sole licensed casino in South Australia, regulated by the Independent Gambling Authority and the Liquor and Gambling Commissioner (Consumer and Business Services) under the Casino Act 1997.
Trinity City (also known as Holy Trinity Church Adelaide, and originally named Trinity Church), is an evangelical Anglican church located at 88 North Terrace, in the city of Adelaide, South Australia. Trinity City has four gatherings at the North Terrace location each Sunday, as well as various other meetings throughout the week.
Rundle Mall is a pedestrian street mall located in Adelaide, South Australia. It was opened as a pedestrian mall in September 1976 by closing the section of Rundle Street between King William Street and Pulteney Street, to vehicular traffic. The street continues as Rundle Street (as before) to the east and Hindley Street to the west.
Rymill Park, also known as Park 14 and Mullawirraburka in Kaurna, is a recreation park located in the East Park Lands of the South Australian capital of Adelaide. It is bordered by East and Dequetteville Terraces, and Rundle and Bartels Roads. It is in close proximity to the Adelaide Botanic Garden, Hutt Street, and Victoria Park.
The State Library of South Australia, located on North Terrace, Adelaide, is the official library of the Australian state of South Australia. It is the largest public research library in the state with a collection focus on South Australian information, and general reference material for information and research purposes.
Adelaide Law School is a law school in Adelaide, Australia and is part of the University of Adelaide. It is the second oldest law school in Australia having been founded in 1883 and offers undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications.
The City of Adelaide is a local government area in the metropolitan area of Adelaide, South Australia. It covers the original Adelaide city centre, (also known as the city, the square mile (inaccurately), and the CBD), North Adelaide, and the Adelaide Park Lands which surround North Adelaide and the city centre.
The West Terrace Cemetery is South Australia's oldest cemetery, first appearing on Colonel William Light's 1837 plan of Adelaide. The 27.6 hectares (68 acres) site is located in Park 23 of the Adelaide Park Lands just south-west of the Adelaide city centre, between West Terrace, Anzac Highway, Sir Donald Bradman Drive and the Seaford and Belair railway lines. Originally known as the Adelaide Public Cemetery, it is divided into a number of sections for various communities and faiths, including two Catholic areas, as well as Jewish, Afghan, Islamic and Quaker sections.
Whitmore Square is a public square in the centre of the south-western quarter of the Adelaide city centre. It surrounds the intersection of Sturt and Morphett Streets. It was named by the Street Naming Committee after William Wolryche Whitmore, a British Member of Parliament who introduced the South Australia Foundation Act to the British House of Commons. It is also known as Ivaritji, a Kaurna name meaning "gentle, misty rain." Ivaritji (1847?-1929), also known as Amelia Taylor, was the (then) last remaining speaker of the Kaurna language.
The Telstra House is a skyscraper/high-rise building that is located in the Adelaide CBD on the northern side of Pirie Street. The Telstra House rises 104 metres above the ground and has 24 floors.
115 King William Street is a high-rise building located on the west side of King William Street in the Adelaide city centre between Waymouth and Currie streets. It rises 87 metres to the roof and 90 metres to the antenna spire. The building has 26 storeys. Construction of the building began in 2015 and was completed in 2016. 115 King William Street is the sixth tallest building in Adelaide.