Halberton is a village and civil parish in Devon, England. The Grand Western Canal runs through the village. The village is situated between the historic market towns of Tiverton and Cullompton.
Bolham is a village in the parish of Tiverton in Devon, England. It was the object of much attention in December 2011 when a Stags head, said to resemble that of the Exmoor Emperor was hung in the Hartnoll Hotel in Bolham. The head was removed after the hotel received threats. Adjoining Bolham is the historic estate of Knightshayes, Tiverton, (now owned by the National Trust) the owners of which at some time also owned Bolham.
Tiverton and District Hospital is a health facility based in Kennedy Way, Tiverton, Devon, England. It is managed by Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust.
Crazelowman (Craze Lowman) is a hamlet in mid Devon, situated near the town of Tiverton.
Tiverton Cemetery is the burial ground for the town of Tiverton in Devon. The cemetery covers eight acres and is owned and maintained by Mid Devon Council.
Tiverton ( TIV-ər-tən) is a town and civil parish in Devon, England, and the commercial and administrative centre of the Mid Devon district. The population in 2019 was 20,587.
Mid Devon is a local government district in Devon, England. Its council is based in Tiverton.
Chevithorne (grid reference SS9715) is a small village near Tiverton, Devon. It lies three miles to the North East of Tiverton. 'Chenetorne' is identified in two entries of the Doomsday Book: The first entry tells us the manor of Chevithorne, had a taxable value 0.6 geld units, and worth £2.3 to the lord in 1086. The holding was populated by 4 villagers. 2 smallholders. 8 slaves. There was enough ploughland for 2 lord's plough teams. and 2 men's plough teams and had, in addition, 0.12 lord's lands. 8 acres of meadow. 15 acres in pasture. and 3 acres of woodland. There were also 10 cattle and 60 sheep. The 'Lords' of this holding in 1086: are named as Alwin (who is also named as lord in 1066), and Beatrix (the sister of Ralph of Pomeroy and William 'the goat'). Ralph de Pomeroy was Tenant-in-chief, He was a large land holder in Devon, and his brother William held several properties as both lord and Tenant-in-Chief.
Cove is a small village in the county of Devon, England. It is 4 miles north of Tiverton and 2 miles from Bampton in the Exe Valley some 450 feet above sea level. Cove was formed into an ecclesiastical parish in 1886. The church of St. John the Baptist, erected in 1856 on the site of an earlier building, is a stone building in the plain Gothic style consisting of chancel, nave and vestry. Services ceased in 1987 and the building and former churchyard are now a private residence. The register dates from the years 1680 to 1987. The Exe Valley Railway used to run through the village and you can still see the platform and old station house which is currently lived in.
Cranmore Castle is an Iron Age earthwork situated on a hillside above the Devon town of Tiverton in south-west England. Its National Grid reference is SS958118. It is an English Heritage scheduled monument, and has been given a National Monument number of 34256.
Tiverton Town Football Club are an English football club based in Tiverton, Devon. The club are currently members of the Southern League Premier Division South and play at Ladysmead.
Knightshayes Court is a Victorian country house near Tiverton, Devon, England, designed by William Burges for the Heathcoat-Amory family. Nikolaus Pevsner describes it as "an eloquent expression of High Victorian ideals in a country house of moderate size." The house is Grade I listed. The gardens are Grade II* listed in the National Register of Historic Parks and Gardens.
Tiverton Castle is the remains of a medieval castle dismantled after the Civil War and thereafter converted in the 17th century into a country house. It occupies a defensive position above the banks of the River Exe at Tiverton in Devon.
Tiverton High School is a state secondary school located in Tiverton, Devon, England. It is located on the outskirts of the town, and has a close working relationship with the co-sited Petroc (formerly East Devon College).
The Tiverton Museum of Mid Devon Life is a local history museum in Tiverton, Devon, England, to the southwest of Gotham House. It features various exhibits relating to the social and economic history of the Mid Devon region, one of the most popular being a steam locomotive known as the "Tivvy Bumper". Founded in 1960 and initially located in rooms in a local pub, the museum is now housed in a Grade II listed former National School.
Tiverton railway station served the town of Tiverton, Devon, England. It opened in 1848 as the terminus station of a broad gauge branch line from the Bristol and Exeter Railway main line: the main line junction station four miles away had originally been called Tiverton Road but was renamed as Tiverton Junction when the branch opened.
Tiverton Town Hall is a municipal building in St Andrew Street in Tiverton, Devon, England. The structure, which was the meeting place of Tiverton Borough Council, is a Grade II listed building.