The City Hall (Dutch: Stadhuis ) of Leuven, Belgium, is a landmark building on that city's Grote Markt (Main Market) square, across from the monumental St. Peter's Church. Built in a Brabantine Late Gothic style between 1448 and 1469, it is famous for its ornate architecture, crafted in lace-like detail.
Saint Peter's Church (Dutch: Sint-Pieterskerk) in Leuven, Belgium, is on the city's Grote Markt (market square), opposite the ornate Town Hall. Built mainly in the 15th century in Brabantine Gothic style, the church has a cruciform floor plan and a low bell tower that has never been completed. It is 93 metres (305 ft) long.
The city of Leuven in Belgium was not only the seat of three different universities, but also through them, the seat of notable academic libraries.
The American College of the Immaculate Conception, or the American College of Louvain, was a Roman Catholic seminary in Leuven, Belgium, which operated under the auspices of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. Founded in 1857, the American College closed as a seminary in June 2011.
The Saint Quentin's Church or Sint-Kwintenskerk (in Dutch) is a Roman Catholic church located at the Naamsestraat in Leuven, Belgium. Its exterior is mainly Gothic with a Baroque entrance portal. The interior contains Baroque choir stalls and altars. The church is named after the Saint Quentin, who is regarded in the Catholic faith as a protector against a wide range of contagious diseases.
M – Museum Leuven or simply M is an art museum in the inner city of Leuven, Belgium, which was officially opened in 2009. The museum has a collection of some 46,000 works, which range from late-Gothic paintings and sculptures to 16th century local artists such as Jan Rombouts I and Josse van der Baren to 19th-century paintings and sculptures by various Flemish masters including Constantin Meunier, Jef Lambeaux and George Minne.
The Sint-Donatus Park is an urban park with village green in the Belgian city of Leuven, located between the Charles Deberiotstraat, the Vlamingenstraat and the Tiensestraat. The park was laid out in an English landscaping style and was redeveloped between 1993 and 1998.
The Lemmensinstituut (Lemmens Institute) is a Belgian conservatory of music. It was founded in Mechelen, in 1879, by the Belgian bishops as the Ecole de musique religieuse (School of Religious Music). It was later renamed after its first director, Jacques-Nicolas Lemmens.
The Grote Markt listen (Dutch for "Grand Square") of Leuven, Belgium is situated between the Oude Markt (Old Square) and the Rector De Somerplein (De Somer Square, named for Pieter De Somer, the first rector of the autonomous Dutch-speaking University of Leuven in 1968) and near both the Bondgenotenlaan (Avenue of the Allied Forces) and the Muntstraat (Mint Street).
The Mgr. Ladeuzeplein is a square (plein is Dutch for square) in the center of Leuven (50°52′42″N 4°42′20″E.). The square was named after a former rector of the Catholic University Leuven, Monseigneur Paulin Ladeuze. The Ladeuzeplein is the largest square in Leuven. Until World War II it was called the Volksplaats or People's Place.
The Irish College of St Anthony, known in Irish as Coláiste na nGael, in Leuven, Belgium, has been a centre of Irish learning on the European Continent since the early 17th century.