901 New York Avenue NW is a mid-rise Postmodern high-rise located in Washington, D.C., in the United States. The structure was developed by Boston Properties in an effort to help to revitalize the Mount Vernon Square neighborhood, and was completed in 2005. It is located on a roughly triangular parcel bounded by New York Avenue NW, K Street NW, and 10th Street NW, and is north of the CityCenterDC mixed-use residential, office, and retail project.
The Old Greyhound Terminal was a bus terminal serving Greyhound Lines located at 1100 New York Avenue NW in Northwest, Washington, D.C. in the United States operating from 1940 to the 1980s. It was used extensively during World War II to transport servicemen, and played a minor role in the Civil Rights Movement. It was saved through the intervention of preservationists. Most of the building was incorporated in the new 1100 New York Avenue high-rise office building when it was built in 1991.
1099 14th Street NW, also known as Franklin Court, is a high-rise Postmodern office building located in Washington, D.C., in the United States. Constructed in 1992 as part of the redevelopment of the Franklin Square area from a red-light district to an area of office buildings, it is a Class A office building with 11 stories aboveground, four below, and a mezzanine. Its tower, when built, was the highest in the city.
The Wire Building is an historic structure located at 1000 Vermont Ave NW at the intersection of Vermont and K Streets, in Downtown Washington, D.C. It was listed on the DC Inventory of Historic Sites in 2012 and on the National Register of Historic Places in 2013. The building was designed by architect Alvin L. Aubinoe from the architectural firm of Aubinoe and Edwards and built between 1949-1950. It is a twelve-story structure, rising to a height of 155.6 feet (47 m).
McPherson Square is a side-platformed Washington Metro station in Downtown Washington, D.C., United States. The station is operated by the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA). Providing service for the Blue, Silver, and Orange Lines, the station is located between McPherson Square and Franklin Square, with two entrances on I Street at Vermont Avenue and 14th Street NW. This is the main station to access the White House, and the Vermont Avenue exit is directly underneath the Department of Veterans Affairs building.
The National Museum of Women in the Arts (NMWA), located in Washington, D.C., is "the only major museum in the world solely dedicated" to celebrating women's achievements in the visual, performing, and literary arts. NMWA was incorporated in 1981 by Wallace and Wilhelmina Holladay. Since opening its doors in 1987, the museum has acquired a collection of more than 4,500 paintings, sculptures, works on paper, and decorative art. Highlights of the collection include works by Mary Cassatt, Frida Kahlo, and Élisabeth Louise Vigée-Le Brun. The museum occupies the old Masonic Temple, a building listed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
The Inter-American Development Bank (IADB or IDB or BID) is the largest source of development financing for Latin America and the Caribbean. Established in 1959, the IDB supports Latin American and Caribbean economic development, social development and regional integration by lending to governments and government agencies, including State corporations.
Mount Vernon Square is a city square and neighborhood in the Northwest quadrant of Washington, D.C. The square is located where the following streets would otherwise intersect: Massachusetts Avenue NW, New York Avenue NW, K Street NW, and 8th Street NW.
The National Theatre is located in Washington, D.C., and is a venue for a variety of live stage productions with seating for 1,676. Despite its name, it is not a governmentally funded national theatre, but operated by a private, non-profit organization.
The Bond Building is an historic office building located at 1404 New York Avenue, N.W., in downtown Washington, D.C. It was designed by architect George S. Cooper in 1901. The building was constructed by Charles Henry Bond, for an estimated $300,000. A developer bought the building in 1979, and applied for a demolition permit. D.C. Superior Court Judge William E. Stewart, Jr., blocked demolition in 1980. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.
The Church of the Epiphany, built in 1844, is an historic Episcopal church located at 1317 G Street, N.W., in Washington, D.C.. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on September 10, 1971.
The Kimpton Donovan is a luxury hotel in Washington, D.C., United States. It is located at 1155 14th Street Northwest. The hotel has 193 rooms, an Asian-themed restaurant and 2 bars. The hotel is operated by Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants.
Downtown is a neighborhood of Washington, D.C., as well as a colloquial name for the central business district in the northwest quadrant of the city. Geographically, the area extends roughly five to six blocks west, northwest, north, northeast, and east of the White House. Several important museums, theaters, and a major sports venue are located in the area. A portion of this area is known as the Downtown Historic District and was listed on the NRHP in 2001.
Grand Hyatt Washington is a hotel in Washington, D.C., in the United States. The 888-room hotel, located at 1000 H Street NW, primarily serves tourist and business travel. From the time the hotel opened until 2003, it was directly across from the Washington Convention Center and served as a "convention headquarters" hotel for many conventions. The convention center closed, and was demolished in 2004. CityCenterDC, a major office, residential, and retail complex, now occupies the site.
Harris & Ewing Photographic Studio is an historic structure located in downtown Washington, D.C. It was built in 1924 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1994.
The Henley Park Hotel is a 96-room boutique style hotel located on 10th street and Massachusetts Avenue NW in Washington, DC. It features an upscale restaurant, The Tavern, and is noted for its unique architecture. The Henley Park Hotel is a member of Historic Hotels of America, the official program of the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
The McLachlen Building is an historic structure located in Downtown Washington, D.C. It has been listed on the District of Columbia Inventory of Historic Sites since 1985 and it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1986.
The New York Avenue Presbyterian Church in Washington, D.C., is a congregation of the Presbyterian Church (USA). The church was formed in 1859-60 but traces its roots to 1803 as the F Street Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church and another congregation founded in 1820 on its current site, the Second Presbyterian Church. It is located at the intersection of 13th Street and New York Avenue in the city's northwest quadrant, four blocks from the White House. Due to its proximity to the White House, a number of US presidents have attended services there.
The Hamilton Hotel, formerly known as the Hamilton Crowne Plaza, is an AAA 4-diamond luxury hotel in downtown Washington, D.C., United States, located at 1001 14th Street, N.W., just to the north of Franklin Square. In September 2017, the hotel became independent from the Crowne Plaza hotel chain.
The Tower Building is a historic high-rise building, located at 1401 K Street, Northwest, Washington, D.C., United States and is the seventh-tallest commercial building in Washington, D.C.
The Carpenters Building (also known as United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners-Local 132) is an historic office building located at 1010 10th Street (also known as 1001 K Street, N.W.) Northwest, Washington, D.C., in the Mount Vernon Square neighborhood.
The W. B. Hibbs and Company Building, also known as the Folger Building, is an historic structure located at 725 15th Street, Northwest, Washington, D.C., in Downtown Washington, D.C.
The Carnegie Library of Washington D.C., also known as Central Public Library, now known as the Apple Carnegie Library, is situated in Mount Vernon Square, Washington, D.C.. Donated to the public by entrepreneur Andrew Carnegie, it was dedicated on January 7, 1903. It was designed by the New York firm of Ackerman & Ross in the style of Beaux-Arts architecture.
Madame Tussauds Washington D.C. is a wax museum located in Washington D.C., the capital city of the United States. The attraction opened in October 2007 and became the 12th Madame Tussauds venue worldwide. and features wax sculptures of famous figures from politics, culture, sports, music and television. In comparison to other Madame Tussauds venues, the venue features more waxworks of political figures, with sculptures of all 45 U.S. presidents displayed.
Metro Center is the central hub station of the Washington Metro rapid transit system in Washington, D.C. Metro Center was one of the original Metro stations, and has been in service since March 27, 1976.
The Champlain Apartment Building, also known as the Orme Building, is an historic structure located at 1424 K St., Northwest, Washington, D.C. in the Downtown neighborhood.
Federal-American National Bank is an historic structure located in Downtown Washington, D.C. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1994.
Franklin Square is a square in downtown Washington, D.C. Named after Benjamin Franklin, it is bounded by K Street NW to the north, 13th Street NW on the east, I Street NW on the south, and 14th Street NW on the west. It is served by the McPherson Square station of the Washington Metro, which is located just southwest of the park.