The Wisconsin Workers Memorial is a public artwork by American artists Terese Agnew and Mary Zebell located in Zeidler Park, which is in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States. The artwork, created in 1995, takes the whole park as its theme, and includes a gazebo in the middle of the park with handles of tools and grills forming the ornamental grillwork. There are also decorative chains around the park spelling out popular labor slogans, as well as graphic panels explaining significant moments in Wisconsin's labor history.
King Gambrinus is a public artwork by American artist Carl Kuehns, which depicts Gambrinus, and which is located in the courtyard of the Best Place tavern and hall at the former site of the Pabst Brewing Company Former Corporate Office Building, that is near downtown Milwaukee, WI, United States.
Spanish–American War Soldier is a public art work created by the American Bronze Company and located in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The bronze figure depicts a uniformed soldier with an ammunition belt around his waist and a rifle in hand. It is located on West Wisconsin Avenue between North 9th and 10th Streets in the Court of Honor near the Milwaukee Public Library.
The Washington Monument is a public artwork by American artist Richard Henry Park located on the Court of Honor in front of the Milwaukee Public Library Central Library, which is near Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The bronze sculpture is a full-length portrait of a 43-year-old George Washington, and stands on a granite pedestal; a bronze woman points up at Washington while a child, also made out of bronze, gazes upward. It was sculpted by Richard Henry Park and was erected in 1885 with philanthropic financial support from Elizabeth Plankinton. The statue was restored 2016-2018.
Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church is a Lutheran church located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and is a designated State Historic Site. The building was also declared a Milwaukee Landmark in 1967.
A Beam of Sun to Shake the Sky is a public art work by American artist Richard Taylor, located in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The sculpture was created for the Central Milwaukee Public Library as part of the remodeling of the Wells Street entrance.
Calvary Presbyterian Church (Calvary Church) is a Victorian Gothic church located in the Marquette University district of downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1986.
The Central Library is the headquarters for the Milwaukee Public Library System as well as for the Milwaukee County Federated Library System. Designated a Milwaukee Landmark in 1969, the building remains one of Milwaukee's most monumental public structures.
City Yard is a public art work by artist Sheila Klein, located at the Wisconsin Center in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The artwork consists of landscape elements, limestone architectural ornament, and salvaged public works objects such as fire hydrants and the classic blue police call box.
The Wisconsin Center (formerly Midwest Express Center, Midwest Airlines Center, Frontier Airlines Center and Delta Center) is a convention and exhibition center located in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The center is part of a greater complex of buildings which includes the UW–Milwaukee Panther Arena and the Milwaukee Theatre, and was a replacement for the former Great Hall portion of the MECCA Complex. Up until July 1, 2013, the building was named after its sponsor Delta Air Lines when Delta purchased naming rights to the facility in August 2012. Delta later terminated its naming rights at the center on June 30, 2013 and the facility was officially renamed to "Wisconsin Center" on July 1, 2013.
Family is a public artwork by American artist Helaine Blumenfeld located on the Henry Reuss Federal Plaza, which is in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States. The sculpture is made from Norwegian blue granite. It consists of five forms, with the largest form measuring approximately 89 x 58 x 27 inches. Family was installed in the Henry Reuss Federal Plaza in 1983.
The Germania Building is an eight-story historic Beaux-Arts/Classical Revival building at 135 W. Wells St. in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It was built in 1896 for George Brumder to house the headquarters of his burgeoning publishing empire.
The Letter Carriers' Monument is a piece of public art by American artist Elliot Offner, located on a triangular plot formed by North 2nd Street, North Plankinton Avenue and West Wells Street in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin, in the United States. Created in 1989, the monument depicts three letter carriers and was commissioned in celebration of the centennial of the National Association of Letter Carriers (NALC).
The Milwaukee County Courthouse is a high-rise municipal building located in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Completed in 1931, it is the third county courthouse built in the city and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Milwaukee Public Museum (MPM) is a natural and human history museum located in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The museum was chartered in 1882 and opened to the public in 1884; it is a not-for-profit organization operated by the Milwaukee Public Museum, Inc. MPM has three floors of exhibits and the first Dome Theater in Wisconsin.
Miller High Life Theatre (previously Milwaukee Theatre and originally Milwaukee Auditorium) is a theatre located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The building was extensively renovated between 2001-2003, at which point its name changed to the Milwaukee Theatre. A naming rights deal changed its name in 2017 to the Miller High Life Theatre. It seats 4,086 people and can be configured into a more intimate venue that seats 2,500. It is located at 500 W. Kilbourn Avenue in downtown Milwaukee.
Referee is a public artwork by American artist Tom Queoff, located on the south entrance of the U.S. Cellular Arena, which is in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States. The 9 foot laminated marble sculpture depicts an abstracted referee with legs spread apart and arms raised.
Riverside Theater is a concert hall located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The venue seats 2,460 people and hosts many different musical artists and shows. It is leased by the Pabst Theater Foundation.
The Shops of Grand Avenue (colloquially referred to as "Grand Avenue") is an urban shopping plaza that spans three city blocks in the downtown neighborhood of Westown in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
St. James' Episcopal Church was a parish of the Episcopal Diocese of Milwaukee. It was founded as a mission of St. Paul's Episcopal Church in 1857. The current building was built in 1867. It burned on December 31, 1872 with only the walls and bell tower surviving the fire. The church reopened on April 19, 1874.
The Last Alarm is a public art work by artist Robert Daus. It is located in front of the Milwaukee Fire Department headquarters in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin at 7th and Wells Streets.
The Moderne ( moh-DAIRN) is a 30-story high-rise in Milwaukee. It stands at 348 feet (106 meters) tall, making it the tallest building in the city west of the Milwaukee River. The tower's ground floor is occupied by Carson's Ribs, with the remaining floors used for apartments, condominiums, and parking.
The Spirit of Polonia, also known as Solidarity, by Edmund Lewandowski is a sculpture commissioned as part of the fifteenth anniversary of Polanki, the Polish Women's Cultural Club of Milwaukee. Sculpted in 1969, this piece is placed on the South side of the Milwaukee County Courthouse located at 901 North 9th Street in Milwaukee's downtown.
Topiary Lucere is a public art work by American artist Steve Feren located in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin at a Marriott Hotel near the intersection of Plankinton and Wisconsin Avenues. The artwork consists of an array of concrete forms, sculpted boxwood shrub and a dramatically lit centerpiece.
Turner Hall is a historic athletic club facility at 1034 North 4th Street in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Named using the German "Turnen", meaning gymnastics or physical fitness, it is significant for its association with the American Turners, a German-American athletic, cultural, and political association. The Milwaukee group was founded in 1853 under the title, "Socialist Turnverein"; its leaders included Socialist Congressman Victor Berger. The building is one of the largest and most distinctive surviving buildings associated with the Turner movement, and was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1996. It is now used as a performance and meeting venue.
Walkways Through the Wall is a public artwork by American artist Vito Acconci located at the Wisconsin Center, which is near Milwaukee, Wisconsin, in the United States.
Woodland Indian and Whistling Swans is a bronze sculpture created by American sculptor Marshall Fredericks in 1963. It is located at the Milwaukee Public Museum at 800 West Wells Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
The Milwaukee Secure Detention Facility is a state prison for men located in Milwaukee, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin, owned and operated by the Wisconsin Department of Corrections. The facility opened in 2001 and holds 1040 inmates at medium security.