The Army Museum of Tasmania (formerly known as the Military Museum of Tasmania) is located within Anglesea Barracks in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia. Anglesea Barracks, constructed in 1814. The Barracks is included on the Commonwealth Heritage List.
Anglesea Barracks is an Australian Defence Force barracks in central Hobart, Tasmania. The site was chosen in December 1811 by Lachlan Macquarie and construction began on the first buildings to occupy the site in 1814. It is the oldest Australian Army barracks still in use and celebrated its bicentenary in December 2011.
The Hobart Private Hospital is a 146 bed private hospital located in the central business district of Hobart adjacent to the Royal Hobart Hospital. It is owned by Healthscope, one of Australia's leading providers of hospitals, medical and pathology centres.
Parliament House, Hobart, located on Salamanca Place in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia, is the meeting place of the Parliament of Tasmania. The building was originally designed as a customs house but changed use in 1841 when Tasmania achieved self-government. The building served both purposes from 1841 to 1904, when the customs offices were relocated.
Hobart City Centre (referred to as Town or Hobart CBD) is a suburb surrounded by metropolitan Hobart, which comprises the original settlement, the central business district, and other built-up areas. It is the oldest part of Hobart and includes many of the city's important institutions and landmarks, such as Parliament, the Supreme Court, Franklin Square, the Elizabeth Street Mall, the Royal Hobart Hospital, the Theatre Royal, State Library, the NAB Building, the Museum, and the Cenotaph. The city centre is located in the local government areas of the City of Hobart.
The Old Woolstore Apartment Hotel is located in Hobart, Tasmania. There are 242 accommodation rooms ranging from Hotel Rooms to self-contained One and Two Bedroom Apartments. Full conference and meeting facilities are also available.
The Hotel Grand Chancellor is a twelve-storey hotel located on the waterfront of Hobart, Tasmania, Australia The hotel opened in 1987 as the Sheraton and has since been taken over by the Grand Hotels International group. The Grand Chancellor is home to the Restaurant Tasman, the Atrium Bar, Strickland Gallery and Zenica Hairdressing. The hotel has a pool, a gym and a sauna on site for guest usage.
Hobart General Post Office (Hobart GPO) is a landmark building located on the corner of Elizabeth Street and Macquarie Street in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia. It stands next to the former Mercury Building and has served as the headquarters of the Tasmanian Postal system since its construction in 1905, though mail processing has now been moved to Glenorchy.
The Cathedral’s origins can be traced back to 1822 when the first permanent Tasmanian priest Reverend Philip Conolly (1786-1839) constructed a temporary wooden chapel near the present Cathedral site and dedicated to God, under the invocation of St. Virgilius, an "Irish Saint"
Hobart Town Hall is a landmark sandstone building which serves as seat of the City of Hobart local government area, hosting council meetings as well as acting as public auditorium that can be hired from the council. It is also open to periodic public tours, featuring its ornate Victorian auditorium and the Town Hall organ which has been in use since 1870.