Latest matcher run: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 20:18
83 candidates found (9 with multiple matches)
[Filter: only multiple matches]
Language order preference. edit
Underwood is a community in the city of Newport, South East Wales. It is an early 1960s council housing estate that consists of houses, shops, a leisure centre, Baptist church and social club. The leisure centre is now up for sale.
Caerleon (; Welsh: Caerllion) is a suburban town and community, situated on the River Usk in the northern outskirts of the city of Newport, Wales. Caerleon is a site of archaeological importance, being the location of a notable Roman legionary fortress, Isca Augusta, and an Iron Age hillfort. The Wales National Roman Legion Museum and Roman Baths Museum are in Caerleon close to the remains of Isca Augusta. The town also has strong historical and literary associations, as Geoffrey of Monmouth elevated the significance of Caerleon as a major centre of British history in his Historia Regum Britanniæ, and Alfred Lord Tennyson wrote Idylls of the King while staying there.
UK Government Statistical Service code: W04000813; website: http://www.caerleon.net/
Bulmore or Bullmoor (Welsh: Y Pwll Mawr) is the name give to a hamlet or cluster of houses in the south-east of Caerleon ward of the city of Newport, South Wales.
Crindau (Welsh: Crindai) is an older inner-city area just north of the city centre in Newport in south-east Wales. It lies within the Shaftesbury electoral district (ward) and community (parish).
Shaftesbury is an electoral district (ward) and coterminous community (parish) of the city of Newport, South Wales.
Maesglas is a neighbourhood in the south west of the city of Newport, South Wales. In the 16th century it was known as Greenfield but in later years the Welsh language Maesglas has come to be more widely used.
Llanmartin (Welsh: Llanfarthyn) is a village and parish in the city of Newport, Wales.
Pillgwenlly (Welsh: Pillgwenlli) is an electoral district (ward) and coterminous community parish in the city of Newport, South Wales. The area is governed by the Newport City Council.
Redwick (Welsh: Y Redwig) is a small village and community (parish) to the south east of the city of Newport, in Wales, United Kingdom. It lies within the Newport city boundaries, in the historic county of Monmouthshire and the preserved county of Gwent.
UK Government Statistical Service code: W04000828
Victoria is both an electoral district (ward) and community (parish) of the city of Newport.
Ringland is both an electoral ward (district) and community (parish) of the city of Newport, South Wales.
The Royal Gwent Hospital is the principal hospital in the city of Newport. It is located on Cardiff Road near Newport city centre. The buildings on the present site were opened on 5 August 1901 on land donated by Godfrey Morgan, 1st Viscount Tredegar.
Newport Crown Court is a Crown Court venue in the city of Newport, South Wales. It is located to the front of the Civic Centre complex. The Crown Court is part of the Wales Circuit of Her Majesty's Courts Service.
The National Roman Legion Museum (Welsh: Amgueddfa Lleng Rufeinig Cymru) is a museum in Caerleon, near Newport, south-east Wales. It is one of three Roman sites in Caerleon, along with the Baths museum and the open-air ruins of the amphitheatre and barracks. It is part of the wider network of Amgueddfa Cymru – National Museum Wales.
Tredegar Park Golf Club (Welsh: Clwb Golff Parc Tredegar) is a golf club based just outside Rogerstone at Newport, Wales. The club is a members club but welcomes visitors to come and play the course or just enjoy a drink on the terrace. Famous golfing members include Cennydd Mills.
Barnardtown is a small area to the east of Newport Bridge in the city of Newport. It is roughly bounded by Duckpool Road, Church Road and Caerleon Road. It lies within the electoral ward of Saint Julian's and to the west is Riverside.
Raglan Barracks is a military installation at Allt-yr-yn in Newport, Wales.
Wentwood (Welsh: Coed Gwent) is a forested area of hills, rising to 309 metres (1,014 ft), in Monmouthshire, South Wales. It is located to the north east of, and partly within the boundaries of, the city of Newport.
Newport Bridge (colloquially called Town Bridge though Newport is a city) connects High Street and Clarence Place across the River Usk adjacent to Newport Castle in Newport city centre.
The Brynglas Tunnels carry the M4 motorway under Brynglas Hill in Newport, South Wales. The 1,200-foot-long (370 m) (or 404yard) twin-bored tunnels were the first tunnels in the British motorway network and are still the only bored tunnels.
Rhiwderin (Welsh: Rhiwderyn) is a small village in the west of the city of Newport, South Wales.
Whitson is a village in the outskirts of the city of Newport, South Wales. It is located about 7 miles (11 km) south east of Newport city centre on the Caldicot Levels, a large area of coastal land reclaimed from the sea. Administratively, Whitson is part of the community (parish) of Goldcliff.
Saint Woolos Hospital (Welsh: Ysbyty Sant Gwynllyw) is a community and mental health hospital serving the city of Newport and surrounding areas. It is located in the Stow Hill area and is named after Saint Gwynllyw. The main Royal Gwent Hospital is close by.
Goldcliff (Welsh: Allteuryn) is a village and community parish to the south east of the city of Newport in South Wales. It lies within the Newport city boundaries in the historic county of Monmouthshire and the preserved county of Gwent.
UK Government Statistical Service code: W04000816
Rogerstone (Welsh: Tŷ du, meaning "Black house") is a village, ward and community (parish) of the city of Newport, southeastern Wales. The area is governed by the Newport City Council. The village falls within the ancient parish of Bassaleg and historic county of Monmouthshire.
Barrack Hill is an area in Newport, Wales, in the suburb and electoral ward and coterminous community parish of Allt-yr-yn. It is most well known for its canal paths and most prominently the Raglan Barracks which sits on the top of the hill. Raglan Barracks is used for army training and is where the Newport army cadets are situated.
Graig is an electoral ward and coterminous community (parish) of the city of Newport, South Wales.
Coedkernew (Welsh: Coedcernyw) is a community in the south west of the city of Newport, South Wales, in the Marshfield ward.
Ye Olde Murenger House is a Grade II listed public house on the High Street of Newport, South Wales. It replaced an earlier pub built on the same site in the early nineteenth century.
Newport Stadium, also known as Spytty Park, is an association football and athletics stadium in Newport, South Wales. It is the home of Llanwern football club and Newport Harriers Athletic Club. It was previously also used for home matches by Newport County and Albion Rovers football clubs. Newport County continue to use the stadium as a base for youth teams and senior squad training.
The Church of St John is a Victorian Church in Wales parish church in Maindee, Newport, Wales.
Bishpool is a suburb within the electoral ward of Ringland, Newport. It lies to the western side of Ringland. Its facilities include Bishpool Methodist Church, Bishpool Dairy, and The Man of Gwent. With modern housing, it has a population of 400.
Isca, variously specified as Isca Augusta or Isca Silurum, was the site of a Roman legionary fortress and settlement or vicus, the remains of which lie beneath parts of the present-day suburban village of Caerleon in the north of the city of Newport in South Wales. The site includes Caerleon Amphitheatre and is protected by Cadw.
St Paul's Church is a parish church of the Church in Wales located in Newport, South Wales in the Diocese of Monmouth.
George Street Bridge  is a crossing of the River Usk in the community of Victoria in Newport, South Wales. It is a Grade II* listed structure.
The Caerleon Roman Fortress and Baths, also known as the Roman Baths Museum, is located in Caerleon in the city of Newport, south-east Wales. It is run by the Welsh historic environment service - Cadw.
Rodney Parade is a stadium in the city of Newport, South Wales, owned and operated by the Welsh Rugby Union. It is located on the east bank of the River Usk in Newport city centre. The ground is on Rodney Road, a short walk from the city's central bus and railway stations via Newport Bridge or Newport City footbridge. There is no spectator car park at the ground but a number of multi-storey car parks are nearby.
Baneswell is an inner-city district in the city of Newport, South Wales. It is in the electoral ward of Stow Hill, and located next to the city centre and Newport railway station
Fourteen Locks (grid reference ST277886) is a series of locks, also known as the Cefn Flight, on the Crumlin arm of the Monmouthshire Canal at Rogerstone in Newport, South Wales. The flight of locks was completed in 1799 and raises the water level 160 ft (50 m) in just 800 yd (740 m). This is one of the steepest rises for a major run in the UK which, combined with the sheer number of locks, makes it one of the most significant in the country. The run of locks includes a series of embanked ponds, pounds, sluices and weirs to control the water supply, with no set of gates shared between individual locks. It therefore comprises a flight of locks rather than a lock staircase.
John Frost Square is a large public space in the centre of Newport, South Wales, named after the Chartist leader, John Frost. It was redeveloped as part of the Friars Walk shopping and leisure complex in 2014 and 2015.
Newport Civic Centre is the seat of government for the city of Newport, South Wales and is a Grade II* Listed building in the Art Deco style. Newport City Council has its main offices located in the building which also includes a Crown Court complex. The Mayor's office is located in the Civic Centre.
Rogerstone railway station (Welsh: Tŷ-du) is a station on the Ebbw Valley Railway in the community of Rogerstone in Newport, south Wales. The station is situated ½ mile north of the original station on the site of former rail sidings. The station is within the Afon Village housing development. Access to the single-platform station and associated car park is off Lily Way.
UK railway station code: ROR
Cat's Ash (Welsh: Cathonnen) is a small hamlet to the east of the city centre of the city of Newport, South East Wales.
St Cadoc's Church is a Church in Wales church located in Caerleon, Newport, Wales and is Grade II* listed. It is one of many buildings associated with the travels of St Cadoc.
Beechwood Park is a large public park situated in the Beechwood area on the east side of the city of Newport, South Wales.
City Bridge is a crossing of the River Usk in the city of Newport, South Wales. It was opened in 2004 as part of the construction/re-generation of the Southern Distributor Road/A48 in Newport.
Beechwood is an electoral district (ward) and coterminous community (parish) of the city of Newport.
Newport International Sports Village (Q7018899) search tags: amenity=swimming_pool, leisure=aquatics_centre, leisure=sports_centre, leisure=stadium, leisure=swimming_pool, leisure=water_park, sport, tourism=attraction [show on map]
Newport International Sports Village is a multi-sport complex located at Lliswerry in the South East of the city of Newport, South Wales. It is known locally as Spytty Park, the name coming from the original Spytty Fields on which it is built.
The Newport Centre is a leisure centre in Newport, Wales. The Newport Centre is located in Newport city centre on the west bank of the River Usk adjacent to the Kingsway Shopping Centre. It holds events such as concerts, conferences and exhibitions. The centre hosts the Welsh Open snooker tournament as well as international business conferences and exhibitions. The Centre also has suites overlooking the leisure pool and elsewhere; The Riverside Suite, Castle Room, Kingsway Suite, Usk Room, Treetops Suite, and the Emlyn Rooms.
The Uskmouth power stations (also known as the Fifoots Point power stations) refers to a series of two coal-fired power station at the mouth of the River Usk in the south-east of Newport, Wales. The first of the two station, Uskmouth A power station, was built in the 1950s and demolished in 2002. The second station, Uskmouth B power station, was built in the 1960s.
Newport City footbridge is a pedestrian/cycle bridge over the River Usk in the city of Newport, South Wales.
Caerleon Endowed School, (also known as The Endowed School, Caerleon, Caerleon Charity School, Williams Charity School and Caerleon Junior School) is a junior school that was built in 1724 from a bequest from Charles Williams. The school became part of the state education system in 1948 under the 1944 Education Act. The school was designated a Grade II* listed building in 1951.
Caerleon Comprehensive School (Welsh: Ysgol Gyfun Caerllion) is a state-run school situated in Caerleon on the outskirts of Newport, South Wales.
Newport Market (also known as Newport Provisions Market) is a traditional Victorian indoor market, built in 1854 in Newport, South Wales. It is an early example of a large-span cast iron-frame building featuring a glass-filled barrel roof.
Celtic Manor Resort is a golf, spa and leisure hotel and resort in Newport, South East Wales. It consists of three hotels (The Resort Hotel, Manor House Hotel and Coldra Court Hotel), a country inn, luxury lodges, two spas, 6 restaurants, three championship golf courses (The Twenty Ten Course, The Montgomerie Course and Roman Road Course), two golf and country clubhouses (the Twenty Ten clubhouse and the Lodge clubhouse), high ropes courses, adventure golf, laser tag, archery and a multi-purpose conference centre. It was the venue for the 2010 Ryder Cup, the first to be held in Wales, and hosted the 2014 NATO summit.
Tredegar House (Welsh: Tŷ Tredegar) is a 17th-century Charles II-era country house mansion in Coedkernew, at the western edge of the city of Newport, Wales. For over five hundred years it was home to the Morgan family, later Lords Tredegar; one of the most powerful and influential families in the area. Described as "The grandest and most exuberant country house" in Monmouthshire and one of the "outstanding houses of the Restoration period in the whole of Britain", the mansion stands in a reduced landscaped garden of 90 acres (0.36 km2) (0.14 of a square mile) forming the non-residential part of Tredegar Park. The property became a Grade I listed building on 3 March 1952 and has been under the care of the National Trust since March 2012.
website: http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/tredegar-house/, https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/cy_gb/t-tredegar
Treetops Sporting Ground is located in Coedkernew, Newport, South Wales. It is a sporting clay pigeon shooting ground. It also has facilities for air rifle owners. The ground closed down near the end of 2016.
Caerleon Bridge is a bridge crossing of the River Usk at Caerleon in the city of Newport, Wales.
Belle Vue Park is a large Victorian public park in the west side of the city of Newport in South Wales. It was awarded a prestigious Green Flag Award on July 17, 2008
The Riverfront (Welsh: Glan yr Afon) is the principal and newest theatre and arts centre in the City of Newport. It is located on the west bank of the River Usk on the Bristol Packet Wharf in the city centre. Designed by architect Austin-Smith:Lord, the centre was opened on 23 October 2004.
Lliswerry High School is a secondary school in Newport, south Wales.
The Church of St Mark is a Church in Wales parish church in Newport, Wales. It is a Newport landmark and is part of the Benefice of the Cathedral parish of Newport.
Castleton (Welsh: Cas-bach) is a hamlet in the city of Newport, South Wales.
Llanwern Golf Club (Welsh: Clwb Golff Llanwern) is a golf club based just outside Llanwern at Newport, Wales. It is an 18-hole parkland course and is reputedly one of the oldest in South Wales. In 2010 the club based PGA professional Leanne Cooper was named the Ladies European Tour-sponsored PGA female assistant of the year. This club has a "members only" policy.
Newport railway station (Welsh: Casnewydd) is the third-busiest railway station in Wales (after Cardiff Central and Cardiff Queen Street), situated in Newport city centre. It is part of the British railway system owned by Network Rail and is operated by Arriva Trains Wales, although Great Western Railway and CrossCountry also provide services. The main station entrance is located on Queensway, and a small section of road known as Station Approach links this to the High Street. The station was originally opened in 1850 by the South Wales Railway Company and was greatly expanded in 1928.
UK railway station code: NWP
Somerton is an area in the south-east of Newport. The northern half of the area is located in the Alway ward with the southern half in the Lliswerry ward – The two halves being separated by the Great Western Main Line. Somerton has a local Primary School and Post Office and is the location of St Patricks RC Church.
Saint Cadoc's Hospital (Welsh: Ysbyty Sant Cadog) is located in Caerleon on the northern outskirts of the city of Newport. The building was designed by Alfred J. Wood FRIBA, London and named after Saint Cadoc. Saint Cadoc's church is located in the town. The hospital opened in 1906 as the Newport Borough Asylum, and was built to accommodate up to 350 patients. Extensive outbuildings were later added on the site, but since 2005 the number of residents has been very small with the growing emphasis on care in the community.
Bishton or Bishopston (Welsh: Llangadwaladr Trefesgob or simply Trefesgob) is a small rural community in the east of the city of Newport, south Wales. The parish lies in the Llanwern electoral district (ward) and contains the eastern end of Llanwern Steelworks, the Underwood estate as well as Bishton itself.
UK Government Statistical Service code: W04000812