Latest matcher run: Fri, 08 May 2020 12:14
Wikidata tags already added to OSM with this tool.
206 candidates found
Language order preference. edit
Hunter College is one of the constituent colleges of the City University of New York, a public university in New York City. The college offers studies in more than one hundred undergraduate and postgraduate fields across five schools. It also administers Hunter College High School and Hunter College Elementary School.
website: http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/main/, http://www.hunter.cuny.edu
Baruch College (officially the Bernard M. Baruch College) is a public college in Manhattan, New York. It is a constituent college of the City University of New York system. Named for financier and statesman Bernard M. Baruch, the college operates undergraduate, masters, and Ph.D. programs through its Zicklin School of Business, the Weissman School of Arts and Sciences, and the Marxe School of Public and International Affairs.
The Battery Park City Ferry Terminal, is a passenger ferry terminal in Battery Park City, Manhattan, serving ferries along the Hudson River in New York City and northeastern New Jersey. It provides slips to ferries, water taxis, and sightseeing boats in the Port of New York and New Jersey.
IATA airport code: NBP
Kraushaar Galleries is an art gallery in New York City founded in 1885 by Charles W. Kraushaar, who had previously been with the European art gallery, William Schaus, Sr.
New Heights Academy Charter School (M353) is a charter school in Harlem, New York City, New York for grades 5 - 12, located at 1818 Amsterdam Avenue. It is within the New York City Department of Education.
Wetlands Preserve, commonly referred to as "Wetlands", was a nightclub in New York City that opened in 1989 and closed in 2001. Its dual purpose was to create an earth-conscious, intimate nightclub that would nurture live music, integrated with a full-time environmental and social justice activist center. It was located at 161 Hudson Street in Manhattan's Tribeca neighborhood.
The 69th Street Transfer Bridge, part of the West Side Line of the New York Central Railroad, was a dock for car floats which allowed the transfer of railroad cars from the rail line to car floats which crossed the Hudson River to the Weehawken Yards in New Jersey. Its innovative linkspan design kept the boxcars from falling into the river while being loaded.
NRHP reference number: 03000577
The Chapel of the Resurrection is a Roman Catholic chapel in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, located at 276 West 151st Street, Manhattan, New York City.
The Edward S. Harkness House, located at 1 East 75th Street and Fifth Avenue, is a mansion in the Upper East Side of New York City. It was constructed between 1907 and 1908 for Edward Harkness by James Gamble Rogers, a principal of the firm Hale & Rogers.
Since 1879, the four arenas known as Madison Square Garden have hosted many sporting events, concerts, and political rallies.
The Shed (formerly known as Culture Shed and Hudson Yards Cultural Shed) is a cultural center in Hudson Yards, Manhattan, New York City. Opened on April 5, 2019, the Shed commissions, produces, and presents a wide range of activities in performing arts, visual arts, and pop culture.
The Katharina Rich Perlow Gallery is an art gallery in New York City that was involved in the New York art market of the 1980s and 1990s.
The W New York Union Square is a 270-room, 21-story boutique hotel operated by W Hotels at the northeast corner of Park Avenue South and 17th Street, across from Union Square in Manhattan, New York. Originally known as the Germania Life Insurance Company Building, it was designed by Albert D'Oench and Joseph W. Yost and built in 1911 in the Beaux-Arts style.
website: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/nycnu-w-new-york-union-square/; NRHP reference number: 01000556
Grand Central was the terminal for some trains of the IRT Third Avenue Line, also known as the Third Avenue El. This station originally had one island platform and two side platforms, all connected at the west end (later converted to three tracks and two island platforms). The tracks ended just east of the Park Avenue Viaduct ramp over Pershing Square.
Mas (farmhouse) (pronounced as either "mah" or "mahs") is a New American and French restaurant located at 39 Downing Street (between Bedford Street and Varick Street) in the West Village in Manhattan, in New York City. It was established in 2004.
The Million Dollar Corner is a small plot of property adjacent to Macy's Herald Square at 1313 Broadway, at the corner with 34th Street, in Herald Square Manhattan, New York City. The building sold for a then-record million dollars on December 6, 1911.
Twilo was an American nightclub in operation from 1995 to 2001 in New York City and from 2006 to 2007 in Miami. The New York location at 530 West 27th Street in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan regularly attracted a crowd of thousands to its warehouse-like dance floor. Playing host to dozens of legendary DJs from around the world, the club was important in popularizing international styles of house and trance music within the United States.
The Union Club of the City of New York (commonly known as the Union Club) is a private social club in New York City that was founded in 1836. The clubhouse is located at 101 East 69th Street on the corner of Park Avenue, in a landmark building designed by Delano & Aldrich that opened on August 28, 1933.
The United Charities Building, also known as United Charities Building Complex, at 105 East 22nd Street or 287 Park Avenue South, in the Gramercy Park neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City, near the border of the Flatiron District, was built in 1893 by John Stewart Kennedy, a wealthy banker, for the Charity Organization Society. It was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1991 for the role played by the Charity Organization Society played in promoting progressive social welfare policies, including the development of academic disciplines in that area.
NRHP reference number: 85000661
WFAN-FM (101.9 MHz), also known as "Sports Radio 66 and 101.9 FM" or "The Fan", is a commercial FM sports radio station licensed to New York City. The station is owned and operated by Entercom, and is simulcast with WFAN (660 AM). WFAN-FM's studios are located in the combined Entercom facility in the Hudson Square neighborhood of Manhattan and its transmitter is located at the Empire State Building.
Greenwich Village High School (GVHS) is a planned grade 9-12 independent high school in Manhattan, New York City. The school is located at 30 Vandam Street between 6th Avenue and Varick. GVHS was scheduled to open in September 2009.
The Majestic Theatre was a theatre located at 5 Columbus Circle, the present site of the Time Warner Center. Designed in 1903 by John H. Duncan, the architect of Grant's Tomb, it was built at a time that Columbus Circle was expected to become a theatre district. Initially, the theatre, which seated about 1355, hosted original musicals and operettas, including The Wizard of Oz and Babes in Toyland, and some plays. It was renamed Park Theatre in 1911, opening with The Quaker Girl, and it again presented plays, musicals and operettas. The Shuberts, Florenz Ziegfeld and Billy Minsky, in succession, owned the house but did not find success there. In 1925, it was purchased by William Randolph Hearst, renamed Cosmopolitan Theatre, and played movies as well as live theatre. During the period it was used as a playhouse, its last name was amended to include International Theatre.
SOB's is a live world music venue and restaurant in the Hudson Square neighborhood of Manhattan. S.O.B.’s is an abbreviation of Sounds of Brazil. Larry Gold started SOBs in June 1982, and he currently still owns the space. Gold opened the venue with the purpose of exposing the music of the Afro-Latino diaspora to as many people as possible. It has a standing capacity of 450, and a seating capacity of 160.
St. Walburga's Academy of the Society of the Holy Child Jesus is an historic academy located at 630 Riverside Drive and 140th Street in New York City.
NRHP reference number: 04000755
The Atlantic Garden was a beer garden and music hall established by William Kramer in 1858 at what is now 50, Bowery, New York City, next to the Bowery Theatre (built in 1826) and on the site of the Bull's Head Tavern, formerly headquarters for New York's cattle market, and the New York Hotel. The premises extended west to a secondary frontage on Elizabeth Street.
The Polish Institute of Arts and Sciences of America (PIASA) is a Polish-American scholarly institution headquartered in Manhattan (New York City), at 208 East 30th Street.
Professional Children's School is a not-for-profit, college preparatory school enrolling 200 students (mostly working or aspiring child actors or dancers) in grades 6-12. The school was founded in New York City in 1914 to provide an academic education to young people working on the New York stage, in Vaudeville, or "on the road".
The Williams Club is in residence at the Princeton Club of New York for alumni of Williams College. Until 2010, it was its own private club.
One Manhattan Square (also known as 225 Cherry Street or 252 South Street) is a residential skyscraper project developed by Extell Development Company in the Two Bridges neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City. Built from 2014 to 2019, the project was built on the site of a former Pathmark grocery store, which was demolished in 2014. The building, topped out in 2017, will possibly have a new supermarket in the tower's base, and stands out significantly within the context of the neighborhood, the next highest structure being the Manhattan Bridge at roughly 30 stories (102 m) in height. A 13-story affordable housing component will be located separately on-site from the main tower. The building topped out in September 2017 and was complete by August 2019.
BMCC Tribeca Performing Arts Center is a performing arts venue located in Lower Manhattan inside the Borough of Manhattan Community College (BMCC) on 199 Chambers Street, New York, NY. Tribeca's two main theater spaces are Theatre One (a 913-seat theater) and Theatre Two (which is 262 seats), both of which can be rented out. The venue's programming includes music concerts, children's theater, stand-up acts, film retrospectives as well as local and international dance companies. It has also been one of the venues for the annual Tribeca Film Festival.
The Hot Feet Club was a popular nightclub in New York City that operated from 1928 until 1933, approximately.
The Lynn Redgrave Theater is an Off-Broadway theater located in New York City, New York, that was previously known as the Bleecker Street Theater and 45 Bleecker Street Theater, the theater name was changed in 2013.
The Half Note was a jazz club in New York City, New York that flourished in two Manhattan locations – from 1957 to 1972 in SoHo (then known as the Village) at 289 Hudson Street at Spring Street and from 1972 to 1974 in Midtown at 149 West 54th Street, one block west of the Museum of Modern Art.
Hebrew National Orphan Home (HNOH) was an orphanage in Manhattan in New York City. It was founded on December 5, 1912, when a group raised $64 toward establishing a Jewish orthodox home for the care of orphaned and destitute Jewish boys. On October 14, 1913, a committee of the Bessarabian Verband, a group of Romanian Jews, paid the first installment of $400 for the premises at 57 East 7th Street between First and Second Avenues – in what was then the Lower East Side and is now the East Village. On June 7, 1914 HNOH House officially opened with accommodations for 50 boys. Later, the home bought a second tenement that backed onto the original building, creating an enclosed courtyard, and doubling the home's capacity to 100.
Rhodes Preparatory School was a private school located at 11 West 54th Street in Manhattan, New York City, United States. It included a lower school with students in seventh and eighth grades and an upper school for students from grades nine through twelve. For a brief period in its history, it also had fifth and sixth grade classes. There was also an evening school for adults.
The Salk School of Science is a junior high school, located in Lower Manhattan, New York City. It was founded in 1995 as a unique collaboration between the New York University School of Medicine and the New York City Department of Education. The goal of the school is to encourage an enthusiasm for, and the development of abilities in, the sciences, particularly the medical and biological sciences. Science and math are specialties at the school, including special classes for it and after-school programs. A particular aim is to encourage city children to aim for better high schools and colleges. It is located on the top two floors of the P.S. 40 building on East 20th Street between 1st and 2nd avenue in Manhattan.
18 Gramercy Park is a 19-story historic building in Manhattan, New York City, USA. Built as a hotel in 1927 and designed by the architectural firm Murgatroyd & Ogden, it was a women's temporary residence owned by The Salvation Army from 1963 to 2008. It was then known as the Parkside Evangeline. In 2010, The Salvation Army sold the building to Eastgate Realty for US$60 million. The investors were the Zeckendorf family and Israeli billionaire Eyal Ofer. In 2012, the building was redesigned by Robert A.M. Stern Architects as a luxury 16-unit condominium building.
NYC Building Identification Number: 1017936
Cafe Clover is an American restaurant in New York City which opened in 2015. Its menu is health and plant-focused.
737 Park Avenue is a prewar residential building on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, United States. Initially, the building had more than 100 apartments. The current capacity after renovation is 60 apartments.
NYC Building Identification Number: 1042799
Solar 1 is New York City's only self-sustaining solar powered building. It houses educational facilities for Solar One, a non-profit organisation concerned with green energy, arts, and education. The Solar 1 building is located at the north end of Stuyvesant Cove Park, the city’s only all-native plant park, which Solar 1 actively maintains. Situated on a brownfield site, Stuyvesant Cove Park offers opportunities for the local community to become involved in the park and learn about its special features. The Park has been designated a Wildlife Habitat by the National Wildlife Federation for providing a quality habitat by virtue of its standards of conscientious planning, landscaping and sustainable gardening. More than 250 volunteers and 80 student interns have spent more than 5,000 hours working in the park, planting, watering and weeding the thousands of new plants that have been added over the years.
USGS GNIS ID: 2083663
USGS GNIS ID: 2044311
USGS GNIS ID: 2500781
USGS GNIS ID: 2500809
USGS GNIS ID: 2500755
USGS GNIS ID: 2500751
USGS GNIS ID: 2500743
USGS GNIS ID: 2500753
USGS GNIS ID: 2500477
USGS GNIS ID: 2082894
USGS GNIS ID: 2500967
USGS GNIS ID: 2336413
Calle Bleecker es una estación en la línea de la Avenida Lexington del Metro de Nueva York de la A del Interborough Rapid Transit Company. La estación se encuentra localizada en NoHo, Manhattan entre la intersección con la Calle Lafayette y la Calle Bleecker. La estación es servida en varios horarios por diferentes trenes de los servicios y .
NRHP reference number: 04001012
NYC Building Identification Number: 1048245
Avenida Lexington–Calle 53 es una estación en la línea Queens Boulevard del Metro de Nueva York de la División B del Independent Subway System (IND). La estación se encuentra localizada en Midtown Manhattan, Manhattan entre la Avenida Lexington y la Calle 53 Este. La estación es servida en varios horarios por diferentes trenes del servicio y .
USGS GNIS ID: 2082739
USGS GNIS ID: 2500963
USGS GNIS ID: 2500803
USGS GNIS ID: 2500769
USGS GNIS ID: 2500773
150 Nassau Street (also Park Place Tower and formerly the American Tract Society Building) is a 23-story, 291-foot (89 m) building in the Financial District of Lower Manhattan in New York City. It is located at the southeast corner of Spruce Street and Nassau Street, next to 8 Spruce Street, the former New York Times Building, and New York City Hall.
The Factory was Andy Warhol's New York City studio, which had three different locations between 1962 and 1984. The original Factory was on the fifth floor at 231 East 47th Street, in Midtown Manhattan. The rent was one hundred dollars per year. Warhol left in 1967 when the building was scheduled to be torn down to make way for an apartment building. He then relocated his studio to the sixth floor of the Decker Building at 33 Union Square West near the corner of East 16th Street, where he was shot in 1968 by Valerie Solanas. The Factory was revamped and remained there until 1973. It moved to 860 Broadway at the north end of Union Square. Although this space was much larger, not much filmmaking took place there. In 1984 Warhol moved his remaining ventures, no longer including filming, to 22 East 33rd Street, a conventional office building. Many Warhol films, including those made at the Factory, were first (or later) shown at the New Andy Warhol Garrick Theatre or 55th Street Playhouse.
The King Cole Bar is an upscale cocktail lounge in The St. Regis Hotel in Midtown Manhattan, New York City.
South Ferry loops (bucles del South Ferry en español) es un par de estaciones subterráneas del Metro de Nueva York en South Ferry, Manhattan que han estado en desuso desde marzo de 2009. Las estaciones, la estación más al sur de Manhattan construida por la Interborough Rapid Transit Company, son dos plataformas laterales en una sección curvada formando los balloon loops; sin embargo, no había transferencias gratis ya que las transferencias se hacían solamente para cada línea. La configuración más reciente consiste en la línea de la Séptima Avenida-Broadway en el bucle exterior de la plataforma, y la línea de la Avenida Lexington en el bucle interior de la plataforma. Ambas estaciones individualmente se llaman South Ferry; el nombre "South Ferry loops" es usado para desmarcarlas de la próxima estación terminal, South Ferry, que es usada por el servicio 1 de la línea de la Séptima Avenida-Broadway.
Brooklyn Bridge–City Hall/Chambers Street is a New York City Subway station complex in Lower Manhattan. The complex is served by trains of the IRT Lexington Avenue Line and the BMT Nassau Street Line. The following services stop at this station:
NRHP reference number: 05000669; station code: 622
The Baudouine Building is a historic building located at 1181-1183 Broadway at the corner of West 28th Street in the NoMad neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City. It was built from 1895-96 as an office tower with street level store, replacing a hotel that had previously stood on the site, and was designed by Alfred Zucker in the Classical Revival style.
Lindy's was two different deli and restaurant chains in Manhattan, New York City. The first chain, founded by Leo "Lindy" Lindemann, operated from 1921 to 1969. In 1979, the Riese Organization determined that the Lindy's trademark had been abandoned, and opened new restaurants, the last of which closed in February 2018.
Mechanics' Hall was a meeting hall and theatre seating 2,500 people located at 472 Broadway in New York City, United States. It had a brown façade. Built by the Mechanics' Society for their monthly meetings in 1847, it was also used for banquets, luncheons, and speeches held by other groups.
The Norwegian Seamen's Church in New York (Norwegian: Sjømannskirken i New York ) is a Lutheran church serving Norwegian sailors, residents, and visitors in the greater New York City area. The church is located in 317 East 52nd Street on the east side of Manhattan in New York City. It was once located in Carroll Gardens
The Wilbraham at 282–284 Fifth Avenue or 1 West 30th Street, in the NoMad neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City, was built in 1888–90 as a bachelor apartment hotel. Its "bachelor flats" each consisted of a bedroom and parlor, with bathroom but no kitchen; the communal dining room was on the eighth floor. The building's refined and "extraordinarily well detailed" design in commercial Romanesque revival style – which owed much to the Richardsonian Romanesque developed by H.H. Richardson – was the work of the partners David and John Jardine. The Real Estate Record and Guide in 1890 called it "quite an imposing piece of architecture".
NRHP reference number: 100002386
The Church of Our Lady of Mount Carmel is a Roman Catholic parish church under the authority of the Archdiocese of New York, located in East Harlem, Manhattan, New York City, United States. The church's formal address is 448 East 116th Street, although the entrance to the church building is on East 115th Street, just off Pleasant Avenue. The parish enshrines a vested statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary under the title of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, widely venerated by its devotees.
155th Street was an elevated railway station in New York City which was in use from 1870 until 1958, serving as the north terminal of the IRT Ninth Avenue Line from its opening until 1918 and then as the southern terminal of a surviving stub portion from 1940 until its closure in 1958. It had two tracks and one island platform.
The William and Anita Newman Library is the main library for the students and faculty of Baruch College, a campus of the City University of New York. It is located within the Information and Technology Building or Newman Library and Technology Center, at 151 East 25th Street in Rose Hill, Manhattan, New York City.
website: http://www.baruch.cuny.edu/library/, https://library.baruch.cuny.edu/
The Lodge Gallery is a contemporary art gallery located in New York City's Lower East Side and is active in the primary market. The gallery is owned and directed by founders Keith Schweitzer and Jason Patrick Voegele.
Sutton Place Synagogue (Jewish Center for the United Nations) is a Traditional Jewish congregation located at 225 East 51st Street in Midtown Manhattan, New York City.
St. Ann, The Personal School is a Catholic pre-kindergarten and K–8 school in Upper Manhattan, located in East Harlem at 314 East 110th Street, New York City. It was founded in 1926. The principal is Mrs. Teresa Letizia.
The Ritz Tower is a 42–story luxury residential building located at 465 Park Avenue on the corner of East 57th Street in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. It was as built from 1925 to 1927 as an apartment hotel and was designed by Emery Roth and Thomas Hastings for journalist Arthur Brisbane, who was the developer. At the time that it was built it was the tallest residential building in New York City.
The Forum at 343 East 74th Street is a 25-story residential condop building located on the Upper East Side in New York City. The building's location, midblock between First and Second Avenue on 74th Street makes the building visible from many parts of the Upper East Side.
The National Underground is a music venue chain that was launched in December 2007. It is a roots rock Americana music bar founded in Manhattan's Lower East Side, at 159 East Houston Street between Allen and Eldridge Streets. In 2011, a further venue opened at 105 Broadway, Nashville, TN 37201.
Strecker Memorial Laboratory is a historic building located in Southpoint Park on Roosevelt Island in New York City.
NRHP reference number: 72000886
Sotheby's is a British-founded American multinational corporation headquartered in New York City. One of the world's largest brokers of fine and decorative art, jewelry, real estate, and collectibles, Sotheby's operation is divided into three segments: auction, finance, and dealer. The company's services range from corporate art services to private sales. It is named after one of its cofounders, John Sotheby.
La Grenouille is a historic and award-winning French restaurant located at 3 East 52nd Street between Fifth Avenue and Madison Avenue in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. Founded in 1962 by former Henri Soulé apprentice Charles Masson, Sr. and his wife Gisèle, later with sons Philippe and Charles, La Grenouille (French for "The Frog") became a location of choice among New York, U.S., and eventually international diners, including designers from the nearby Garment District of Manhattan. It is the last operating New York French haute cuisine restaurant from the 1960s, and remains a highly rated restaurant.
The Manhattan Trade School for Girls was a New York City public high school founded in 1902, and was the city's only vocational school for female students at the time. It was established by philanthropic reformers to provide training for young women to work in trades such as garment factory work. It was originally located on West 14th Street, but was moved to East 23rd Street in 1906-1907. To accommodate growing enrollment, a new building was constructed and designed by C. B. J. Snyder in 1915 at 127 East 22nd Street. The building now houses The School of the Future, a New York City public middle school and high school.
South Ferry is at the southern tip of Manhattan in New York City and is the embarkation point for ferries to Staten Island (Staten Island Ferry, through the Staten Island Ferry Whitehall Terminal) and Governors Island. Battery Park, abutting South Ferry on the west, has docking areas for ferries to Liberty Island and Ellis Island. Its name is derived from an historical ferry company which provided service to Brooklyn, run by the South Ferry Company.
The Pond and Hallett Nature Sanctuary are two connected features at the southeastern corner of Central Park in Manhattan, New York City. It is located near Grand Army Plaza, across Central Park South from the Plaza Hotel, and slightly west of Fifth Avenue. The Pond is one of seven bodies of water in Central Park.
Everyman Espresso is a chain of coffeehouses in New York City.
The Firemen's Memorial is a 1913 monument on Riverside Drive at 100th Street in Manhattan, New York.
Barneys New York Inc. was an American luxury department store brand, founded in 1923 in New York City. It introduced major luxury brands including Armani, Azzedine Alaïa, Comme des Garçons, Christian Louboutin, and Ermenegildo Zegna to the US market.
The Hippodrome Theatre also called the New York Hippodrome, was a theater in New York City from 1905 to 1939, located on Sixth Avenue between West 43rd and West 44th Streets in the Theater District of Midtown Manhattan. It was called the world's largest theatre by its builders and had a seating capacity of 5,300, with a 100x200ft (30x61m) stage. The theatre had state-of-the-art theatrical technology, including a rising glass water tank.
Park51 (originally named Cordoba House) is a development that was originally envisioned as a 13-story Islamic community center and mosque in Lower Manhattan, New York City. The developers hoped to promote an interfaith dialogue within the greater community. Due to its proposed location two blocks from the World Trade Center site, it was widely and controversially referred to as the "Ground Zero mosque".
Bloomingdale's Inc. is an American luxury department store chain; it was founded by Joseph B. and Lyman G. Bloomingdale in 1861. It became a division of the Cincinnati-based "Federated Department Stores" in 1930. In 1994 the Macy's department store chain joined the "Federated Department Stores" holding company. In 2007, "Federated Department Stores" was renamed Macy's, Inc. As of February 1, 2020, there are 53 stores (55 boxes), including 33 department stores (35 boxes, all full line), 1 furniture/other store and 19 outlet stores with the Bloomingdale's nameplate in operation throughout the United States. Its headquarters and flagship store are located at 59th Street and Lexington Avenue in the New York City borough of Manhattan.
El Faro Restaurant was a small Spanish food emporium located at 823 Greenwich Street in the West Village of Manhattan, New York City. El Faro opened in 1927 and shuttered in 2012 after failing to raise over $80,000 to pay off fines and expenses.
Westbeth Artists Housing is a nonprofit housing and commercial complex dedicated to providing affordable living and working space for artists and arts organizations in New York City. The complex comprises the full city block bounded by West, Bethune, Washington and Bank Streets in the West Village neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City; the complex is named for two of these streets, West and Bethune.
NRHP reference number: 09001085
Franklin Street is a local station on the IRT Broadway–Seventh Avenue Line of the New York City Subway, located at the intersection of Franklin Street, Varick Street, and West Broadway. It is served by the 1 train at all times and by the 2 train during late nights.
station code: 326
Central Park North–110th Street (signed as 110 St–Central Park North on overhead signs) is a station on the IRT Lenox Avenue Line of the New York City Subway, located at the intersection of 110th Street and Lenox Avenue at the southern edge of Harlem, Manhattan. It is served by the 2 and 3 trains at all times.
station code: 441
David Zwirner Gallery is an American contemporary art gallery owned by David Zwirner. It has three gallery spaces in New York City and one each in London, Hong Kong, and Paris.
Third Avenue is a station on the BMT Canarsie Line of the New York City Subway. Located at the intersection of Third Avenue and East 14th Street in East Village, Manhattan, it is served by the L train at all times.
station code: 118
155th Street (155th Street–Eighth Avenue on some signage) is a local station on the IND Concourse Line of the New York City Subway. It is located at the intersection of the bi-level 155th Street's lower level and Frederick Douglass Boulevard, at the border of Harlem and the Coogan's Bluff section of Washington Heights neighborhoods of Manhattan. It is served by the D train at all times except rush hours in the peak direction and the B during rush hours only.
station code: 220
Fifth Avenue/53rd Street is a station on the IND Queens Boulevard Line of the New York City Subway. Located at the intersection of Fifth Avenue and 53rd Street in Manhattan, it is served by the E train at all times and the M train weekdays except late nights.
station code: 276
109 Prince Street at the corner of Greene Street – where it is #119 – in the SoHo neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City is a historic cast-iron building. It was built in 1882-83 and was designed by Jarvis Morgan Slade in the French Renaissance style. The cast-iron facade was provided by the architectural iron works firm of Cheney & Hewlett.
29 East 32nd Street (also known as the Old Grolier Club or Gilbert Kiamie House) in New York City was originally the Grolier Club building when it was built in 1889. Its architecture by Charles W. Romeyn is considered to be Richardsonian Romanesque.
NRHP reference number: 80002707
The Circle in the Square Theatre is a Broadway theatre in midtown Manhattan at 235 West 50th Street in the Paramount Plaza building. It is one of two Broadway theaters that use a thrust stage that extends into the audience on three sides.
Cooper Square is a junction of streets in Lower Manhattan, New York City located at the confluence of the neighborhoods of Bowery to the south, NoHo to the west and southwest, Greenwich Village to the west and northwest, the East Village to the north and east, and the Lower East Side to the southeast.
The Knickerbocker Club (known informally as The Knick) is a gentlemen's club in New York City that was founded in 1871. It is considered to be the most exclusive club in the United States and one of the most aristocratic and selective clubs in the world.
The Roxy (sometimes Roxy NYC) was a popular nightclub located at 515 West 18th Street in New York City. Located in the Chelsea section of Manhattan, it began as a roller skating rink and roller disco in 1978, founded by Steve Bauman, Richard Newhouse and Steve Greenberg. It was acquired in 1985 by Gene DiNino. The Roxy shut down permanently in March 2007.
Broadway–Lafayette Street/Bleecker Street is a New York City Subway station complex in the NoHo district of Manhattan on the IRT Lexington Avenue Line and the IND Sixth Avenue Line. It is served by the:
station code: 619
The New York Earth Room is an interior sculpture by the artist Walter de Maria that has been installed in a loft at 141 Wooster Street in New York City since 1977. The sculpture is a permanent installation of 250 cubic yards (197 cubic meters) of earth in 3,600 (335 square meters) square feet of floor space, and 22 inch depth of material (56 centimeters). The installation has had the same caretaker, Bill Dilworth, for the past 23 years.
Bridge Cafe was a historic restaurant and bar located at 279 Water Street in the South Street Seaport area of Manhattan, New York City, United States. The site was originally home to "a grocery and wine and porter bottler", opened in 1794, and has been home to a series of drinking and eating establishments. In the nineteenth century, the building was described in city directories variously as a grocery, a porterhouse, or a liquor establishment. Henry Williams operated a brothel there from 1847 to 1860 and the prostitutes were listed in the New York City census of 1855. In 1888, the building's exterior was altered to its present form. The building was damaged during Hurricane Sandy, and the restaurant remains closed as of 2020. Until its closure, it was the city's oldest continuous business establishment, though the name and ownership had changed numerous times. It had most recently been under the same ownership since 1979, when the former McCormick’s, a bar frequented by local fishmongers, was purchased by Jack Weprin and converted into The Bridge Cafe, a white tablecloth establishment.
The Campbell (formerly The Campbell Apartment) is a bar and cocktail lounge in Grand Central Terminal in New York City. The space was once the office of American financier John W. Campbell, a member of the New York Central Railroad's board of directors. Later used for office space, as a studio by CBS and as a jail by Metro-North Railroad, the space was restored to its original opulence following renovations totaling nearly $2 million in 1999 and 2007. Temporarily closed in 2016 after a change in management, the bar was reopened in 2017.
Christ Church Lutheran is an Evangelical Lutheran Church in America church located near Union Square in Manhattan, New York City at 123 East 15th Street at Irving Place, in the Seafarer and International House. The congregation was founded as the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Christ in 1868, and has had four premises in its history.
The Manhattan Center is a building in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. Built in 1906 and located at 311 West 34th Street, it houses Manhattan Center Studios (home to two recording studios), its Grand Ballroom, and the Hammerstein Ballroom, one of New York City's most renowned performance venues. In 1976, the building was purchased by its current owner, the Unification Church for $3 million. Some of the enterprises residing in the building include: Telemundo, Macy’s, CFDA, WeWork, Facebook, iHeart Media, Samsung, American Heart Association, Robin Hood, FX Network, Endeavor, MAC Cosmetics, Viacom, SiriusXM, NBA, NBC Universal, Masterbeat, Broadway Cares Equity Fights AIDS.
520 West End Avenue, also known as the John B. and Isabella Leech Residence, is a landmarked mansion on West End Avenue, on the Upper West Side of Manhattan.
NYC Building Identification Number: 1033128
72nd Street is a station on the first phase of the Second Avenue Line of the New York City Subway. Located at the intersection of Second Avenue and 72nd Street, in the Lenox Hill section of the Upper East Side in Manhattan, it opened on January 1, 2017. The station is served by the Q train at all times, limited rush hour N trains, and one A.M. rush hour R train in the northbound direction only.
station code: 477
810 Fifth Avenue is a luxury residential housing cooperative on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, New York City.
NYC Building Identification Number: 1040883
86th Street is a station on the first phase of the Second Avenue Line of the New York City Subway. Located at the intersection of Second Avenue and 86th Street, in the Yorkville section of the Upper East Side in Manhattan, it opened on January 1, 2017. The station is served by the Q train at all times, limited rush hour N trains, and one A.M. rush hour R train in the northbound direction only. There are two tracks and an island platform.
station code: 476
86th Street was an express station on the demolished IRT Second Avenue Line (also known as the "Second Avenue El"). It had two levels. The lower level had two tracks and two side platforms, and was served by local trains. The upper level was built as a part of the Dual Contracts and had one track and two side platforms for express trains. The next stop to the north was 92nd Street for local trains and 125th Street for express trains. The next stop to the south was 80th Street for local trains and 57th Street for express trains. The station closed on June 11, 1940. The site is now served by the 86th Street station of the Second Avenue Subway.
The Alexander Macomb House (demolished) at 39–41 Broadway in Lower Manhattan, New York City, served as the second Presidential Mansion. President George Washington occupied it from February 23 to August 30, 1790, during New York City's two-year term as the national capital.
The Clinton Street Baking Company & Restaurant (CSBC) is an American bakery and restaurant. It is located at 4 Clinton Street (between East Houston Street and Stanton Street), on the Lower East Side of Manhattan, New York.
The Francis F. Palmer House (also known as the George F. Baker Jr. House) is a mansion located at 75 East 93rd Street in New York City, designed by the architects Delano & Aldrich and constructed for Francis F. Palmer in 1918. The financier George F. Baker, Jr. purchased the house in May 1926, and in October 1927 added No. 69 East 93rd St. to his holdings. Baker engaged Delano & Aldrich to design several additions: an annex on Park Avenue; a ballroom wing; a house for staff at No. 69 (all completed in 1929); and a separate townhouse at No. 67 (completed in 1931). The placement of the original house, the ballroom and the staff quarters forms a small courtyard facing East 93rd Street.
Franklin Street was a station on the demolished IRT Sixth Avenue Line in Manhattan, New York City. It was located at Franklin Street and West Broadway, and it had two tracks and two side platforms. There was space for two additional tracks in the station. South of the station there are two additional tracks that served to layup trains.
Frederick Douglass Circle is a traffic circle located at the northwest corner of Central Park at the intersection of Eighth Avenue (Frederick Douglass Boulevard and Central Park West) and 110th Street (Cathedral Parkway and Central Park North) in the New York City borough of Manhattan. The traffic circle is named for the American abolitionist, women’s suffragist, editor, orator, author, statesman, and reformer Frederick Douglass.
NewYork-Presbyterian Lower Manhattan Hospital is a nonprofit, acute care, teaching hospital in New York City and is the only hospital in Lower Manhattan south of Greenwich Village. It is part of the NewYork-Presbyterian Healthcare System and one of the main campuses of NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.
Our Lady Queen of Martyrs Church, located at 81 Arden Street at Dongan Place, between Broadway and Sherman Avenue in the Inwood neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City, is a Roman Catholic parish church in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York. The parish was established in 1927 and a church was built in 1928 to designs by Gustave E. Steinback.
P.S. 6, The Lillie Devereaux Blake School, is a public elementary school located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, New York City. Founded in 1894, P.S. 6 is regarded as one of the top elementary schools in New York City.
Palazzo Chupi at 360 West 11th Street between Washington and West Streets in the West Village section of the Greenwich Village neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City is a residential condominium building designed by artist Julian Schnabel in the style of a Venetian palazzo, built on top of a former horse stable. Schnabel uses the lower four floors, the former stable, as a studio. They also contain a parking garage, art gallery space and swimming pool.
NYC Building Identification Number: 1087671
Park Place was a station on the demolished IRT Sixth Avenue Line. It had 2 tracks and two side platforms. It was served by trains from the IRT Sixth Avenue Line and opened on June 5, 1878. It closed on December 4, 1938. The next southbound stop was Cortlandt Street for local trains, and Battery Place for express trains. The next northbound stop was Chambers Street for all trains. The Chambers Street – World Trade Center / Park Place station complex can be found within the vicinity of the former elevated railroad station.
The Peoples Improv Theater, also known as The PIT, is a comedy theater and training center based in New York City, founded by comedian Ali Farahnakian in 2002. Shows performed here include improvisational comedy, sketch comedy, stand-up comedy, theater, and variety shows. Shows are hosted both by "house teams" (comedians hired by the PIT) and by outside comedians.
The Peter McManus Café is among the oldest family-owned and operated bars in New York City. It opened in 1936 and is located at 152 Seventh Avenue on the corner of West 19th Street in the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan. The bar has been Zagat-rated and written about in numerous articles, and appeared in the book The Hundred Best Bars in NYC with a high rating. The bar has also received several awards. The current proprietor is James Justin McManus.
Le Cirque was a French restaurant located at One Beacon Court, 151 East 58th Street (between Lexington Avenue and Third Avenue) in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. Le Cirque New York at One Beacon Court was owned and operated by NYLC LLC, and was founded by Sirio Maccioni.
Riverside South is an urban development project in the Lincoln Square neighborhood of the Upper West Side of Manhattan, New York City. It was originated by six civic associations – The Municipal Art Society, Natural Resources Defense Council, The Parks Council, Regional Plan Association, Riverside Park Fund, and Westpride – in partnership with real estate developer Donald Trump. The largely residential complex, located on the site of a former New York Central Railroad yard, includes Trump Place and Riverside Center. The $3 billion project is on 57 acres (23 ha) of land along the Hudson River between 59th Street and 72nd Street.
Ronald McDonald House New York (RMH-NY) is a children's 501(c)(3) charity located at 405 East 73rd Street (between First Avenue and York Avenue), on the Upper East Side in Manhattan in New York City. It provides temporary accommodation for the families of children undergoing treatment for pediatric cancer, and is the only facility in New York City to provide post-transplant suites outside of a hospital.
The SideWalk Cafe was a music venue and restaurant/cafe in East Village, New York City founded in 1985. It became a known venue for its underground music scene, and in particular, was known as being the center for Anti-folk in the United States. It offered an eclectic mix of local and national acts ranging from DIY, avant garde music, indie rock, and jazz to pop music and electronic music. The venue also hosted poetry readings, comedy and live-band karaoke. The New York Times referred to the SideWalk Cafe and its music scene as a "gift to the neighborhood".
The Original Soupman is a chain of soup restaurants originally run by Ali "Al" Yeganeh, modeled after Yeganeh's original restaurant Soup Kitchen International, which was a well-known soup restaurant at 259-A West 55th Street (between Broadway and 8th Avenue), in Midtown Manhattan, New York City.
South Ferry was an elevated station at the southern terminal of the IRT Second, Third, Sixth and Ninth Avenue Lines. It was located next to Battery Park at the lower tip of Manhattan, New York City. Two tracks came from the combined Second and Third Avenue Lines, and two from the Sixth and Ninth Avenue Lines, making four tracks at the terminal, with platforms on the outside and between each pair of tracks (no platform in the center).
The Church of St Gregory the Great is a Roman Catholic parish located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, New York City. The parish is part of the Archdiocese of New York. The church building, designed by architect Elliott Lynch, contains the church and parish offices on the ground floor with St. Gregory the Great Parochial School on the next two floors above, the final fourth floor is occupied by the rectory. The address of the church is 144 West 90th Street, New York, New York 10024-1202; the address of the school is 138 West 90th Street, New York, NY 10024.
The Ariel East and Ariel West are a pair of apartment buildings on either side of Broadway at 99th Street, the tallest buildings on Manhattan's predominantly residential Upper West Side. Ariel East is at 2628 Broadway, and West is at 245 West 99th Street.
The Halal Guys is a halal fast casual restaurant franchise that began as halal carts on the southeast and southwest corners of 53rd Street and Sixth Avenue in Manhattan, New York City. New locations, both food cart and storefront, are being added throughout New York (including a storefront on 14th Street and Second Avenue) and around the world.
La Calle Chambers es una estación en la línea de la Calle Nassau del metro de la ciudad de Nueva York. Está localizada en la intersección de las calles Centre y Chambers bajo el Edificio Municipal de Manhattan, y es servida por los trenes de los servicios J (todo el tiempo), M (solamente días de semana), y por los trenes del servicio Z (solamente en horas pico).
The Laurie Beechman Theatre (formerly the West Bank Cafe Downstairs Theater Bar) is an 80-seat dinner theater in the basement of the West Bank Cafe at 407 West 42nd Street in the Manhattan Plaza apartment complex just west of Times Square.
Trygve Lie Gallery is an art gallery located at 317 East 52nd Street in Manhattan, New York City.
The Comedy Theatre was a Broadway theatre located at 110 West 41st Street in Manhattan that opened in 1909. It presented the first Broadway appearances of Katharine Cornell and Ruth Draper, as well as Eugene O'Neill's first Broadway play. Shuttered in the wake of the Depression, it reopened in 1937 as the Mercury Theatre — the venue for Orson Welles's groundbreaking adaptation of Shakespeare's Julius Caesar and other productions for the Mercury Theatre repertory company. In 1939 it began presenting classic Yiddish theatre. The building was demolished in 1942.
903 Park Avenue is a 17-story residential building on Park Avenue on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, New York City.
The National Bible Institute School and Dormitory is an historic "pre-war" Venetian-Gothic building at 340 West 55th Street between Eighth Avenue and Ninth Avenue in the Hell's Kitchen neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City. It was built in 1925 to serve as a school and dormitory for The National Bible Institute. Today it is a 56 - unit luxury co-op building known as The Sherwood.
The Lord & Taylor Building is a 10-story commercial building located at 424–434 Fifth Avenue between West 38th and 39th Streets in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. It was built from 1913 to 1914 and was home to Lord & Taylor's flagship department store in New York City.
NYC Building Identification Number: 1048070
NYC Building Identification Number: 1041876
NYC Building Identification Number: 1047948
1 Rockefeller Plaza (formerly the Time & Life Building and the General Dynamics Building) is a 36-story building located on the east side of Rockefeller Plaza between 48th and 49th Streets in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. Completed in 1937, the tower is part of Rockefeller Center, which was built in the Art Deco style.
NYC Building Identification Number: 1034176
NYC Building Identification Number: 1057085
The Houdini Museum of New York is a museum exhibiting memorabilia related to the escape artist, Harry Houdini. It is located at Fantasma Magic, a retail magic manufacturer and seller located at 213 West 35th Street, Rm 401, New York, NY.
Andanada was a Spanish Michelin Star restaurant located at 141 West 69th Street,(between Broadway and Columbus) on the Upper West Side in Manhattan, New York City. It is owned by Chef Manuel Berganza. The restaurant opened in 2012. Andanada refers to the highest seating area in the bullfighting arena. It is known for attracting the liveliest, most enthusiastic bullfighting fans. It provides a true Spanish experience to one of Spain's most famed events - and a birds-eye view of all the action.
NYC Building Identification Number: 1024898
El 137th Street Yard es un patio ferroviario subterráneo del Metro de Nueva York, que actualmente es usado por los trenes del servicio 1. Está compuesto por cinco vías que se encuentran alrededor de tres vías principales. Tres de las vías se encuentran hacia el oeste (hacia el Centro) y dos hacia el este (lado de uptown). El patio está localizado al norte de la estación de la Calle 137–City College, por eso el nombre del patio.
Spyscape is a private, for-profit espionage experience in the Times Square neighborhood of New York City, USA.
The Herbert N. Straus House is a large town house at 9 East 71st Street, just east of Fifth Avenue, on the Upper East Side of Manhattan in New York City. It was designed by Horace Trumbauer and completed in 1932.A roof extension was added in 1977. The size of the house was believed to be 21,000 square feet (2,000 m2) in the late 1980s, and had been enlarged to 51,000 square feet (4,700 m2) in 2003, spread over nine floors. A 15-foot high (4.6 m) oak door and large arched windows are distinctive features of the limestone exterior. A heated sidewalk is located in front of the house.
website: https://www.ny.us.emb-japan.go.jp/itprtop_ja/, https://www.ny.us.emb-japan.go.jp/itprtop_en/
NYC Building Identification Number: 1057372
The West Side Elevated Highway (West Side Highway or Miller Highway, named for Julius Miller, Manhattan borough president from 1922 to 1930) was an elevated section of New York State Route 9A (NY 9A) running along the Hudson River in the New York City borough of Manhattan to the tip of the island. It was an elevated highway, one of the first urban freeways in the world, and served as a prototype for urban freeways elsewhere, including Boston's Central Artery.
126 Madison Avenue (also known as 15 East 30th Street and Madison House) is a residential skyscraper under development by Fosun Property in NoMad, Manhattan, New York City. The building will rise 47 stories and 730 feet (220 m), and is expected to be completed by 2021. J.D. Carisle Development Corp. is co-developing the project with Fosun Group, and Handel Architects is designing. The developers began construction in 2017. The building is actually located on Fifth Avenue, rather than on Madison Avenue as indicated by its name.
Broadway–Calle Lafayette es una estación expresa en la línea de la Sexta Avenida del Metro de Nueva York de la B del Independent Subway System (IND). La estación se encuentra localizada en los barrios NoHo, SoHo en Manhattan entre la Calle Houston, la Calle Lafayette y Broadway. La estación es servida todo el tiempo por los trenes del servicio , , y .
Galerie St. Etienne is an Expressionism art gallery operating in the United States, founded in Vienna in 1923 by Otto Kallir (originally Otto Nirenstein) as the Neue Galerie. Forced to leave Austria after the 1938 Nazi invasion, Kallir established his gallery in Paris as the Galerie St. Etienne, named after the Neue Galerie's location near Vienna's Cathedral of St. Stephen. In 1939, Kallir and his family left France for the United States, where he reestablished the Galerie St. Etienne on 46 West 57th Street in New York City. The gallery still exists, run by Otto Kallir's granddaughter Jane and Hildegard Bachert on 24 West 57th Street. It maintains a reputation as a principal harbinger of Austrian and German Expressionism to the US.
The Bryant is a residential building at 16 West 40th Street, south of Bryant Park, in Midtown Manhattan, New York City, developed by HFZ Capital Group and designed by the firm of architect David Chipperfield. The building topped out in 2016, and construction ended in 2018.
The Raymond C. and Mildred Kramer House is an early Modern 6,800 square foot townhouse at 32 East 74th Street (between Madison Avenue and Park Avenue) in the Upper East Side Historic District in Manhattan, New York City, New York in the United States.
North Woods and North Meadow are two interconnected features in the northern section of Central Park, New York City, close to the neighborhoods of the Upper West Side and Harlem in Manhattan. The 90-acre (36 ha) North Woods, in the northwestern corner of the park, is a rugged woodland that contains a forest called the Ravine, as well as two water features called the Loch and the Pool. The western portion of the North Woods also includes Great Hill, the third highest point in Central Park. North Meadow, a recreation center and sports complex, is immediately southeast of the North Woods. Completed in the 1860s, North Woods and North Meadow were among the last parts of Central Park to be built.
website: http://www.centralparknyc.org/things-to-see-and-do/attractions/north-woods.html, http://www.centralparknyc.org/things-to-see-and-do/attractions/north-meadow.html
Max's Kansas City was a nightclub and restaurant at 213 Park Avenue South in New York City, which became a gathering spot for musicians, poets, artists and politicians in the 1960s and 1970s. It was opened by Mickey Ruskin (1933–1983) in December 1965 and closed in 1981.
72nd Street was a local station on the demolished IRT Second Avenue Line (also known as the "Second Avenue El"). It had three tracks and two side platforms. The next stop to the north was 80th Street. The next stop to the south was 65th Street. The station closed on June 11, 1940. The site is now served by the 72nd Street station of the Second Avenue Subway.
The Audubon Theatre and Ballroom, generally referred to as the Audubon Ballroom, was a theatre and ballroom located at 3940 Broadway at West 165th Street in the Washington Heights neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City. It was built in 1912 and was designed by Thomas W. Lamb. The theatre was known at various times as the William Fox Audubon Theatre, the Beverly Hills Theater, and the San Juan Theater, and the ballroom is noted for being the site of the assassination of Malcolm X on February 21, 1965. It is currently the Audubon Business and Technology Center and the Shabazz Center.
463 West Street is a 13-building complex located on the block between West Street, Washington Street, Bank Street, and Bethune Street in Manhattan, New York. It was originally the home of Bell Telephone Laboratories between 1898 and 1966. For a time, it was the largest industrial research center in the United States. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places and further designated as a National Historic Landmark, as Bell Telephone Laboratories.
NRHP reference number: 75001202
Houston Street was a local station on the demolished IRT Ninth Avenue Line. It had three tracks and two side platforms. It was served by trains from the IRT Ninth Avenue Line. It opened on November 3, 1873 and closed on June 11, 1940. The next southbound stop was Desbrosses Street. The next northbound stop was Christopher Street.
The Malcolm X and Dr. Betty Shabazz Memorial and Educational Center is a memorial to Malcolm X and Betty Shabazz located at 3940 Broadway and West 165th Street in the Washington Heights neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City, the building which once housed the Audubon Ballroom, where Malcolm X was assassinated on February 21, 1965. It opened on May 19, 2005, the 80th anniversary of Malcolm X's birth.
The Blair Building, also known as the Blair and Company Building, was one of New York City's earliest skyscrapers. It was constructed in 1902–1903. It was located at 24 Broad Street in the Financial District of Manhattan, New York City, and had a white marble facade. It was built by Andrew J. Robinson Company. The Architectural Record ran an article about it in 1903 titled "A Beaux-Arts Skyscraper". It was demolished in 1955.
The Whitehall Building, also known as 17 Battery Place, is a three-section residential and office building near the southern tip of Manhattan Island in New York City, adjacent to Battery Park in lower Manhattan. The original 20-story structure on Battery Place, between West Street and Washington Street, was designed by Henry Janeway Hardenbergh, while the 31-story Whitehall Building Annex on West Street was designed by Clinton and Russell. The 22-story 2 Washington Street, an International Style building located north of the original building and east of the annex, was designed by Morris Lapidus.
Lord & Taylor is a luxury department store in the United States, and the oldest department store in the country. Headquartered in New York City, it has been a subsidiary of Le Tote since November 2019. As of January 2012, there were 46 stores in operation. By late August 2019, 38 stores were in operation; the flagship store in Manhattan and several other locations were closed in 2019.