Home of the Friendless is a historic orphanage at Baltimore, Maryland, United States. It is a three bay wide, five story high Second Empire style brick building constructed in 1870 as an orphanage. The building provided a home for orphaned and deserted children for six decades and was part of a three-building complex that housed from 100 to 200 children each year. By 1922 the Board of Managers and Trustees had decided to sell the property and move to the suburbs. The institution is now known as Woodbourne Center.
NRHP reference number: 03001205
The Royal Theatre, located at 1329 Pennsylvania Avenue in Baltimore, Maryland, first opened in 1922 as the black-owned Douglass Theatre. It was the most famous theater along West Baltimore City's Pennsylvania Avenue, one of a circuit of five such theaters for black entertainment in big cities. Its sister theaters were the Apollo in Harlem, the Howard Theatre in Washington, D.C., the Regal Theatre in Chicago, and the Earl Theater in Philadelphia.
Street address: 1329 Pennsylvania Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21217 (from Wikidata)
The Baltimore and Potomac Tunnel (or B&P Tunnel) is a double-tracked, masonry arch railroad tunnel on the Northeast Corridor in Baltimore, Maryland, just south of Pennsylvania Station. Opened in 1873, the tunnel is used by about 140 Amtrak and MARC passenger trains and two freight trains every day, as of 2008.
Upton, also known as the David Stewart Residence or Dammann Mansion, is a historic home located at Baltimore, Maryland, United States. It is a large brick Greek Revival mansion constructed about 1838 as the country residence of David Stewart (1800-1858), a prominent Baltimore attorney and politician. It is 2+1⁄2 stories high on a raised basement, three bays wide and two rooms deep, with a center-passage plan. In the late 1950s, a brick stair tower was constructed when the building was adapted for public school use.
NRHP reference number: 94000764
The Avenue Market, originally known as the Lafayette Market, is a historic marketplace built in 1871 in Upton, West Baltimore, United States. The market is on Pennsylvania Avenue and is near the Old West Baltimore Historic District. The market has seen multiple iterations, having been rebuilt after burning to the ground in 1953, renovated and given its current name in 1996, and renovated again in 2012. Another redevelopment is expected to begin in the summer of 2022.