Bliss es un lugar designado por el censo ubicado en el condado de Wyoming en el estado estadounidense de Nueva York. En el año 2010 tenía una población de 527 habitantes.
The Attica Prison Rebellion, also known as the Attica Prison Massacre, Attica Uprising or Attica Prison Riot, was the bloodiest prison riot in United States history and is one of the best-known and most significant flashpoints of the prisoners' rights movement.
Gainesville is a village in Wyoming County, New York, United States. The population was 304 at the 2000 census. The village is named after General Edmund P. Gaines.
website: http://www.wyomingco.net/towns/villageofgainesville.htm; USGS GNIS ID: 950842, 2390855
Middlebury is a town in Wyoming County, New York. The population was 1,508 at the 2000 census. The town is on the north border of the county.
USGS GNIS ID: 979213
Brick Presbyterian Church is a historic Presbyterian church in Perry, Wyoming County, New York. The Gothic Revival-style church was built in 1909 of randome ashlar Pennsylvania limestone. It consists of a central octagonal structure housing the sanctuary surrounded by wings that give the structure a cruciform appearance. It features a massive square crenellated bell tower. It is a product of the Buffalo architectural firm of Green & Wicks.
NRHP reference number: 07001042
Epworth Hall is a historic assembly hall located in Castile township in Wyoming County, New York. It was built in 1892 in the Colonial Revival style and is the largest of three such halls on the grounds of the Silver Lake Institute, a Methodist-affiliated camp facility established in 1873. The two story, 100 feet by 50 feet, multi-purpose building exhibits elements of the Akron Plan in its interior layout.
NRHP reference number: 00000350
Arcade Center Farm is a historic home and farm complex in Arcade, Wyoming County, New York. The farmhouse is a Greek Revival-style frame structure built about 1835 with a 1+1⁄2-story main block and 1-story wings. The farm occupies 58.94 acres (238,500 m2) and, in addition to the farmhouse, includes a historic 19th century barn. The property includes a number of other non-contributing structures.
NRHP reference number: 04000290
The Bliss Wind Farm is a 100.5 megawatt wind energy project built by Noble Environmental Power, that opened May 18, 2008. The $210-million project is in Eagle, New York in Wyoming County, and consists of 67 General Electric 1.5 megawatt turbines.
Silver Lake Institute Historic District is a national historic district located at Silver Lake in Wyoming County, New York. The district consists of 13 acres (5.3 ha) and is historically significant because of its association with the Silver Lake Institute, a Methodist-affiliated camp facility established in 1873. The properties reflect the evolution of the institute from a Methodist Revivalist summer camp in the 1870s and 1880s to a cultural, educational, and religious summer institute in the Chautauqua tradition during the 1880s and 1890s, and finally to a secular summer cottage community in the early 20th century. The focal point of the community is the 2.03-acre (0.82 ha) Burt Park and the district includes 72 additional properties including 70 cottages.
NRHP reference number: 85002442
Augustus A. Smith House, also known as Germain House, is a historic home located at Attica in Wyoming County, New York. It is a large, irregularly massed Queen Anne style residence constructed in 1890. It features a large two story, semi-circular window bay on the south facade and other fine architectural details in keeping with its style.
NRHP reference number: 07000627
Java School No. 1 is a historic school in Java, Wyoming County, New York. It is a two-story frame structure in the Italian Villa style. It features a four sided, square cupola at the apex of the roof. It was built about 1850 and operated as a school until 1967. In 1969, the building was occupied by the local Grange and now also houses the Java Historical Society Museum, a local history museum that is open by appointment.
NRHP reference number: 01000672
Middlebury Academy is a historic school in Wyoming, Wyoming County, New York. The Greek Revival style structure was erected by the citizens of Wyoming in 1817. Originally sponsored by the local Baptist church, the academy became a Wyoming County Union Free School in 1880 and operated as a school until 1912. It is now home to the Middlebury Historical Society. It is located within the boundaries of the Wyoming Village Historic District.
NRHP reference number: 73001293
First Methodist Episcopal Church of Perry, now known as Perry United Methodist Church, is a historic Methodist Episcopal church at Perry in Wyoming County, New York, United States. The Gothic Revival-style church is home to a Methodist congregation dating to 1816. The sanctuary design is in the Akron Plan.
NRHP reference number: 06000880
Bryant Fleming House is a historic home located at Wyoming in Wyoming County, New York. It was built about 1850 and is a 1+1⁄2-story, two-by-three-bay cross-gabled vernacular Italianate-style cottage with a two-by-three-bay, 1-story rear wing. Another main building is a multi-purpose "playhouse" designed for large-scale entertaining and accommodation of overnight guests. The property includes notable landscape features that its principal owner, Bryant Fleming (1877–1946) designed and installed after he purchased the property about 1910. Also on the property is a small decorative pool with fountain, two sets of stone and concrete steps, a garden gate, and brick walls with gate posts.
NRHP reference number: 09000838
Seth M. Gates House is a historic home located at Warsaw in Wyoming County, New York. It is a two-story, wood-frame dwelling built in 1824 and expanded in about 1843. It started as a two-story, five-bay dwelling and the expansion added two bays on the north end. It features a Federal style cornice. Its owner from about 1843 until his death was Seth M. Gates (ca. 1800-ca. 1877), who served in the U.S. House of Representatives from 1838 to 1842. From the time of his purchase, for the next 15 years the house was a station on the Underground Railroad, Gates concealing the fugitives in the cellar and attic. From 1893 to 1924, it was home to the Society of Village Works, a local charitable organization. In 1924, it was sold to the local chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution, who owned it until turning it over to the Warsaw Historical Society in 1977 for $1.00.
NRHP reference number: 92000031
Camp O'Ryan is a 375-acre (1.52 km2) former New York National Guard training area, also known as the North Java Rifle Range and the Wethersfield Rifle Range, located 3 miles (4.8 km) east of North Java, in the Town of Wethersfield, in the County of Wyoming in New York State.
First Universalist Church of Portageville, also known as The Portageville Chapel, is a historic Universalist church in Portageville, Wyoming County, New York. It is a Greek Revival style structure with Gothic and Federal elements dating to 1841. The church features a two-stage square tower above the north gable of the building.
NRHP reference number: 08000040
First Free Will Baptist Church of Pike is a historic Baptist church located at Pike, Wyoming County, New York. It was built in 1881, and is a one-story, "L"-shaped brick building with a steep gable roof in a Late Victorian Gothic style. It sits on a stone foundation and has a bell tower. A baptistry was added in 1917 and a rear addition in 1926.
NRHP reference number: 12000369
The Lee Correctional Prison Riot occurred at Lee Correctional Institution in Bishopville, South Carolina, United States, on April 15, 2018. Starting as a prison cell robbery, violence between prison gangs intensified into a full-blown riot leading to the death of seven prisoners. It was the most violent prison riot in the United States within the last 25 years. On December 3, 2020, 29 Lee Correctional Institution inmates were indicted on murder and mayhem charges by the State of South Carolina.
WNYO-TV, virtual channel 49 (UHF digital channel 16), is a MyNetworkTV-affiliated television station licensed to Buffalo, New York, United States. The station is owned by the Sinclair Broadcast Group, as part of a duopoly with Fox affiliate WUTV (channel 29). The two stations share studios on Hertel Avenue near Military Road in Buffalo; WNYO-TV's transmitter is located on Whitehaven Road (near I-190) in Grand Island, New York.
Perry Downtown Historic District is a national historic district located at Perry in Wyoming County, New York. The district encompasses 41 contributing buildings in the village of Perry. They are a variety of commercial, institutional, and governmental buildings with most built between 1850 and 1918. Most of the commercial buildings are two-stories and constructed of brick. They include the Town Hall (1909), Masonic Temple (1914), Bussey Block (1898), Bailey-Roche Block (c. 1836), A. Cole and Wygant Building (1867), Garrison Building (1901), Rufus Smith Block (1856), Howell Building (1895), Traver Place Apartments (1924), and the Wise Building (1903).
NRHP reference number: 12000212
Warsaw Academy is a historic school in Warsaw, Wyoming County, New York. It is a two-story cobblestone structure measuring 35 feet by 57 feet in the Greek Revival style. Built as a school in 1846, the building has housed a Masonic temple since 1907. A two-story brick wing was added in 1854 and a one-story stucco wing was added in 1928.
NRHP reference number: 80002799
WCJW (1140 AM, "CJ Country") is a radio station in western New York state. Its AM facility broadcasts at 8,000 watts on 1140 kHz from studios in Warsaw, New York during daytime hours only; however, six co-owned FM translators provide full-time service. The station's format is centered on country music (using a "traditional country" approach featuring a roughly equal mix of contemporary and classic country hits) with a strong emphasis on local news, weather, high school sports, and agriculture. Other popular weekday features include WCJW's daily Tradio program and weekend coverage of NASCAR races. National news service is provided by Fox News Radio. In contrast to many other small-market radio stations, WCJW maintains a local programming staff and carries satellite-delivered music ("CMT After Midnite") only during overnight hours, which were added in 2008 and 2009. Weekend syndicated programs heard on WCJW include When Radio Was and Rise Up Country.
Wyoming County International Speedway is an asphalt speedway located in Perry, New York, USA. The speedway was built in 1960 as a dirt racetrack called Perry Speedway. The speedway was paved in 1968, and the concrete retaining wall constructed. In 1985, the macadam was once again covered with a layer of dirt for a time period of 13 years. In 1998, under new ownership, WCIS returned to the highly competitive SST asphalt racing surface. Racing occurs every Saturday night at the Bullring.
Wyoming Village Historic District is a national historic district located at the Village of Wyoming in Wyoming County, New York. The district covers about 45 acres (180,000 m2) and is organized as a New England village around a small triangular village green. The T-shaped district includes approximately 72 historic registered structures along two principal streets, Main and Academy Streets.
NRHP reference number: 74001326
Attica Central School District is in the town of Attica, New York which has a population of 7,000. This school has around 120 students in a graduating class each year.
Barna C. Roup House is a historic home located at Perry in Wyoming County, New York. It was built in 1898, and is a 2+1⁄2-story, Queen Anne-style frame dwelling with a 1927 addition. It features intersecting gable roofs, asymmetrical massing, polygonal bays on three sides, and an elaborately detailed, wrap-around porch. The porch is supported by Doric order columns and has a turreted roof and a small balcony above. Also located on the property is a two-bay, wood-frame pyramidal hipped-roof garage dated to the early 19th century. The house was built by a notable local attorney during the period of village's major growth.
Street address: 38 Borden Avenue (from Wikidata)
NRHP reference number: 15000519
Exchange Street Historic District is a national historic district located at Attica in Wyoming County, New York. The district encompasses 12 contributing buildings along two blocks in the village of Attica. They are two- and three-story, brick and frame commercial buildings built after the fire of 1877. The buildings provided service and hospitality for rail passengers and for cultural and social events for Attica's citizens. They include the Williams Opera House (1879), Wyoming House (1878), Hotel Liberty or Attica Hotel (c. 1880), The Railroad Store (c. 1885), Erie House (1880), Spann Block (1874), Western Hotel (1832), and Erie Depot (1879).
NRHP reference number: 12000962
High Sheldon Wind Farm is located in Sheldon, New York USA in Wyoming County, about 30 miles southeast of Buffalo. Constructed in 2009 and operated by Invenergy, it has 75 units with a nameplate capacity of 112.5 megawatts, using General Electric 1.5sle turbines. The wind farm stirred controversy in the town over concerns of noise, visual pollution, and property values.
US Post Office—Attica is a historic post office building located at Attica in Wyoming County, New York. It was designed and built in 1936-1937 as a Works Progress Administration project, and is one of a number of post offices in New York State designed by the Office of the Supervising Architect of the Treasury Department, Louis A. Simon. It is a one-story brick structure on a stone watertable in the Colonial Revival style. The interior includes a mural painted in 1938 by Thomas Donnelly and titled Fall in the Genesee Country.
NRHP reference number: 88002453
WLKK (107.7 FM) is an American radio station located in Wethersfield, New York. Broadcasting on the frequency of 107.7 MHz, the station is owned by Audacy, Inc. It operates from studios at Audacy's Buffalo offices in Amherst, New York, with a transmitter located southwest of Warsaw. (For legal purposes, WLKK's official studio was shared with WCJW in Warsaw, a legal fiction which ended with the elimination of the Main Studio Rule by the FCC in 2017). Perhaps at least partly because of the station's unique ability to cover both the Buffalo and the Rochester radio markets with one rimshot signal, WLKK is known for its frequent format changes. Since the early 1980s, the station has changed formats approximately once every four to seven years. Its current format is country music, branded as "107.7/104.7 The Wolf".
Monument Circle Historic District is a national historic district located at Warsaw in Wyoming County, New York. The district consists of 18 acres (73,000 m2) and includes a broad range of architecturally significant resources. It encompasses 21 late 19th and early 20th century civic, religious, and domestic properties. Highlights include the Soldiers and Sailors Monument (1876–1877), Warsaw Public Library (1905), Augustus Frank House (1849-1850), Wyoming County Courthouse (1937), County Sheriff's Office and Jail (ca. 1901), and United Methodist Church (1901–1902).
NRHP reference number: 92000447; USGS GNIS ID: 2575228
Warsaw Downtown Historic District is a national historic district located at Warsaw in Wyoming County, New York. The district encompasses 36 contributing buildings in the village of Warsaw. They are a variety of commercial, institutional, and religious buildings with most built between the 1870s and 1915. A number of commercial buildings were constructed after the fires of 1867 and 1887. They include the Andrew Jackson Warner designed United Church of Warsaw (1860s), First Baptist Church (1889), Bartlett Block (c. 1866, c. 1890), Hostetter's Pharmacy (c. 1888), New Watkin's Hotel (c. 1888) Sullivan Building (1915), Wyoming County Bank (c. 1905), Glover's Department Store (c. 1916), Gardner's Grocery (c. 1860-1870), Pratt Grocery (c. 1870), Farman-Humphrey Block (1884), Lincoln Block (c. 1894-1900), and Schwab's Motor Sales (c. 1940). Located in the district and separately listed are the Warsaw Academy and United States Post Office.
NRHP reference number: 12000963
Attica Market and Main Historic District is a national historic district located at Attica in Wyoming County, New York. The district encompasses 23 contributing buildings in the central business district of Attica. The district developed between about 1827 and 1915, and includes buildings in a variety of architectural styles including Greek Revival, Italianate, Second Empire, and Romanesque Revival. Notable buildings include the Farmer's Bank (1856), Walbridge Block (1853), Pfender Block (c. 1855), Young-Krauss Block (1907), Scott Building (1827), American Hall (1872), the Hardware Block (1853), and Masonic Temple (1908).
NRHP reference number: 13000225
Street address: 114 South Academy Street, Wyoming, NY 14591 (from Wikidata)