The Tāneatua Branch is a branch railway line from Hawkens Junction to Tāneatua in the Bay of Plenty, New Zealand.
Te Tapuwae is a Māori cemetery at Otenuku Marae in Ruatoki, in the Bay of Plenty Region of New Zealand. Ngāi Tūhoe tribal leader Takurua Tamarau was buried on marae land in 1958, and subsequently that part of the land became a cemetery for the Ngāti Koura hapu of Tūhoe. Tribal leaders of the Ngāi Tūhoe iwi are traditionally buried there.
The Aniwhenua power station is a hydroelectric power facility in Bay of Plenty in New Zealand located on the Rangitaiki River upstream of the Matahina Power Station. Water is drawn from behind a dam above the Aniwhenua Falls and diverted through a canal and a headpond to the power station before being discharged back into the river. The power station is named after the falls which are adjacent to the power station.
Te Urewera is a protected area and former national park in the area of Te Urewera, near the east coast of New Zealand's North Island. It was established as a national park in 1954 and disestablished as such in 2014, when it was replaced by a legal entity named Te Urewera. It was the largest of four national parks in the North Island and the most isolated rainforest in the region. Covering an area of approximately 2,127 km2, it was in the north of the Hawke's Bay region of the North Island.
Putauaki (Māori: Pūtauaki; also known in English as Mount Edgecumbe) is a dacite volcanic cone in the Bay of Plenty Region of New Zealand. Located 50 km east of Rotorua and three kilometres east of Kawerau, it is the easternmost vent of the Okataina volcanic centre, within the Taupo Volcanic Zone. The mountain rises to 820 m above sea level, and is visible from the waters of the Bay of Plenty, 30 km to the north. Every year a King of the Mountain race is run on Putauaki as part of the international King of the Mountain series, and proceeds are donated to charity.
Pekatahi is a small locality south of Whakatāne in the Bay of Plenty region of New Zealand's North Island. The Whakatāne River passes through Pekatahi as it flows northwards to its mouth on the Pacific Ocean.
Te Wharekura o Ruatoki is a school at Ruatoki in the eastern Bay of Plenty, New Zealand, serving children in years 1 through 13. It was established as Ruatoki Native School in 1896 after a visit by Richard Seddon and James Carroll. In 1978 it became New Zealand’s first officially bilingual school.
Street address: 14-16 Mission Road, Ruatoki, Whakatane (from Wikidata)
The Horomanga River is a river of the northeastern North Island of New Zealand. The river flows north through Te Urewera National Park, reaching its confluence with the Rangitaiki River 12 kilometres (7 mi) north of Murupara. A well formed horse track follows the river valley to its headwaters. There are an abundant amount of introduced species such as Red deer, Rusa deer and wild pigs that provide hunters and locals with a supply of meat and recreation. The river itself holds good numbers of rainbow and some brown trout. There is a rebuilt 5 bed hut where midway hut used to stand. Midway hut was burnt down. the forest cover in the river valley is predominantly Tawa and podocarps from the river level to about 700-800 metres, before transitioning to predominantly Tawai (beech) forest. The mountain range on the west side of the Horomanga is steep and rugged, with thick almost impenetrable bush. Serious care should be taken when hunting or tramping on this side of the river valley. The east side of the Horomanga is a sharp contrast to the west, as the bush here is more open, and the hills less steep. However, care should be taken when hunting on this side of the river, for the lower, less defined ridgelines of this area are easy to get disorientated or lost in.
The Waimana River is a river of the Bay of Plenty Region of New Zealand's North Island. It flows generally north from its sources in Te Urewera National Park to reach the Whakatane River close to the town of Taneatua.
The Whakatane Astronomical Society is a voluntary, non-profit society for people interested in amateur astronomy in the Whakatane District of New Zealand. The society was founded in September 1960, and maintains a small observatory in Whakatane, which has been operating continuously since 1964. The society is affiliated with the Royal Astronomical Society of New Zealand.