London Borough of Tower Hamlets

London Borough of Tower Hamlets, London, Greater London, England, United Kingdom
category: boundary — type: administrative — OSM: relation 51805

Items with no match found in OSM

945 items

Malplaquet House (Q15408904)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Malplaquet House is a Grade II listed Georgian house at 137–139 Mile End Road, Stepney, London.\n

'}
Poplar railway station (Q7229433)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Poplar was a railway station in Poplar, London, that was opened in 1840 by the Commercial Railway (later the London and Blackwall Railway (LBR)) and was situated between Millwall Junction and Blackwall, 3\xa0miles 16\xa0chains (5.1\xa0km) down-line from Fenchurch Street. It was closed in 1926, at which time it was owned by the London and North Eastern Railway.\n

'}
Mile End railway station (Q6851080)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Mile End was a railway station in Bethnal Green, east London, opened in 1841 by the Eastern Counties Railway on its line between the Shoreditch terminus and Coborn Road.\n

'}
Charlie Brown's, Limehouse (Q16257747)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

Charlie Brown's was the common name for the Railway Tavern pub in Limehouse, London.\n

"}
Blackwall railway station (Q4923511)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Blackwall was a railway station in Blackwall, London, that served as the eastern terminus of the Commercial Railway (later the London and Blackwall Railway). It was located on the south side of the East India Docks, near the shore of the River Thames, 3\xa0miles 43\xa0chains (5.7\xa0km) down-line from the western terminus at Fenchurch Street.\n

'}
Limehouse railway station (Q6549186)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Limehouse was a railway station in Limehouse, London, on the London and Blackwall Railway (LBR).\n

'}
Brady Street Cemetery (Q38250626)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Brady Street Cemetery is a disused Jewish cemetery on Brady Street in Whitechapel in the East End of London, E1. The cemetery opened in 1761 as the burial ground for the New Synagogue and was subsequently used by the Great Synagogue. It closed in 1857. Several notable people are buried there.\n

'}
Poplar Hospital (Q42291401)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Poplar Hospital was a medical facility opened in East India Dock Road in London, England, in 1855. It was opened under the patronage of Samuel Gurney, MP to treat people who had suffered injuries in the docks. The premises which were leased for the hospital were originally those of the East India Dock Tavern and then subsequently the Custom House. The hospital was repeatedly expanded to cater for more patients, only being closed in 1975. It was demolished in 1982.

'}
Beyond the Deepening Shadow (Q58640458)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Beyond the Deepening Shadow: The Tower Remembers was an artistic installation at the Tower of London in November 2018, to commemorate the centenary of the end of the First World War.\n

'}
Newlands Quay (Q55099351)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Newlands Quay in Wapping, London, is a group of dwellings that is Grade II listed by Historic England. It was built in 1986–88 adjacent to the Shadwell Basin and designed by the architecture firm of MacCormac Jamieson Prichard and Wright.

'}
St Leonard's Priory, London (Q29586839)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

St Leonard's Priory was a Benedictine nunnery in what is now east London, which gave its name to Bromley-St Leonards (better known as Bromley-by-Bow.

"}
Heron Quays West (Q5743521)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Heron Quays West is a skyscraper development under construction in Canary Wharf, London. The plan is for two large skyscrapers connected by a large atrium at the base, not unlike the Riverside South development. The site is at the south west of the Canary Wharf site off Bank Street. Developers for the project are the Canary Wharf Group.\n

'}
North Quay, London (Q15059601)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

North Quay is an approved office development, consisting of three towers on the north side of Canary Wharf in London. The developer is Canary Wharf Group and the architect is Cesar Pelli.

'}
Royal Armouries (Q1283541)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

The Royal Armouries is the United Kingdom's National Museum of Arms and Armour. It is the United Kingdom's oldest museum, originally housed in the Tower of London from the 15th century, and one of the oldest museums in the world. It is also one of the oldest and largest collections of arms and armour in the world, comprising the UK's National Collection of Arms and Armour, National Artillery Collection, and National Firearms Collection. Its historic base is in the Tower of London, but today the collection is split across three sites:

"}
Aberfeldy Village (Q55076631)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Aberfeldy Village is an urban village in a part of Poplar that was once part of Bromley in London, England, which is the process of being redeveloped in a joint venture between Poplar HARCA and Willmott Dixon, it was known as the Aberfeldy Estate, a housing estate but has expanded into a new urban village, it is sometimes referred to as Aberfeldy New Village in planning documents.

'}
Stepney (Q123627)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Stepney is a district in the East End of London in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. The district is not officially defined, and is usually used to refer to a relatively small area, however for much its history the place name applied to a much larger manor and parish. \n

'}
Metropolitan Borough of Stepney (Q1925834)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Metropolitan Borough of Stepney was a Metropolitan borough in the County of London created in 1900. In 1965 it became part of the London Borough of Tower Hamlets.\n

'}
St Katharine's by the Tower (Q7593886)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

St Katharine's by the Tower—full name Royal Hospital and Collegiate Church of St. Katharine by the Tower—was a medieval church and hospital next to the Tower of London. The establishment was founded in 1147 and the buildings demolished in 1825 to build St Katharine Docks, which takes its name from it. It was re-established elsewhere in London and 123 years later returned once more to the East End. The church was a Royal Peculiar and the precinct around it was an extra-parochial area, eventually becoming a civil parish which was dissolved in 1895. The Royal Peculiar survives to the present day as the Royal Foundation of St Katharine.\n

"}
Poplar (East India Road) railway station (Q7229374)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

Poplar (East India Road) was a railway station located on the East India Dock Road in Poplar, London. It was opened in 1866 by the North London Railway. It was the southern passenger terminus of the NLR, although goods trains ran on to connect to the London and Blackwall Railway (LBR) for the East India Docks or to the LBR's Millwall Extension Railway for the West India Docks.\n

"}
Old Ford railway station (Q7084006)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Old Ford was a railway station in Old Ford, north of Bow, in east London. It was opened in 1867 by the North London Railway (NLR). It was situated between Victoria Park and Bow, and was located on Old Ford Road, east of the junction with Lefevre Road (now Lefevre Walk).\n

'}
Old Artillery Ground (Q7083398)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Old Artillery Ground is an area of land in Spitalfields, London formerly designated one of the Liberties of the Tower of London and Crown Land. \n

'}
North Greenwich railway station (Q7055509)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

North Greenwich was a railway station named after the North Greenwich area of the Isle of Dogs in London. It was located on the north side of the River Thames near Island Gardens in the east of the city, and is not to be confused with the present-day North Greenwich station on the London Underground's Jubilee line, which is located on the south side of the river, one mile downstream on the Greenwich Peninsula.

"}
Blackwall Yard (Q880959)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Blackwall Yard is a small body of water that used to be a shipyard on the River Thames in Blackwall, engaged in ship building and later ship repairs for over 350 years. The yard closed in 1987.\n

'}
South Dock railway station (Q7567064)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

South Dock was a railway station on the Isle of Dogs in east London. It was between Millwall Junction and Millwall Docks on the Millwall Extension Railway (MER) branch of the London and Blackwall Railway (LBR) which opened to goods traffic on 18 December 1871 and to passenger services on 29 July 1872. The station was on the northern side of the South Dock of the West India Docks, near the eastern end. It had an island platform as it was the only passing loop on the branch. The station buildings were of timber with a slate roof. Platform was brick faced. Station was staffed entirely by dock employees, company issued its own tickets.

'}
25 Churchill Place (Q4632156)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

25 Churchill Place is a 118 metres (387\xa0ft) tall skyscraper in the eastern part of the London financial district Canary Wharf. It was built in 2014 and has 23 storeys. The building was developed by Canary Wharf Group and designed by Kohn Pederson Fox.

'}
Headliners (Q5689790)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Headliners (UK) is a United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK) charity that provides a programme of learning through journalism for young people aged 8–19. Headliners believe young people have the right to be heard. and they empower them to express themselves, tell their stories and change their lives.\n

'}
The Approach Gallery (Q7714092)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Approach Gallery is a contemporary art gallery situated above a public house of the same name in Bethnal Green, London.

'}
The Joiners Arms (Q16995446)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Joiners Arms was an LGBT pub and nightclub on Hackney Road in East London.

'}
Coborn Road railway station (Q5138946)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Coborn Road was a railway station in Old Ford, east London, 2\xa0miles 28\xa0chains (3.8\xa0km) down the main line from Liverpool Street. It was opened on 1 February 1865 in what was then in Stratford by the Great Eastern Railway (GER) with the name Old Ford. It had two platforms and the station buildings were located at the London End on Coborn Road itself.

'}
Ratcliff (Q122759)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Ratcliff or Ratcliffe is a former hamlet and locality lying by the north bank of the River Thames that is now split between the modern day districts of Limehouse, Stepney and Shadwell after being absorbed into both.\n

'}
Canada Square (Q1014325)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

Canada Square is a public square at Canary Wharf, on the Isle of Dogs in London's Docklands. It is in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets in the East End of Central London along the River Thames. Canada Square is surrounded by three of the tallest buildings in the United Kingdom, including One Canada Square, which was the tallest building in the United Kingdom from 1990 until late 2010, when it was surpassed by The Shard.\n

"}
London Yard (Q6671032)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

\n\nLondon Yard was a shipyard in London, in use between around 1856 and 1908 by various shipbuilding companies, including Westwood, Baillie and Yarrow Shipbuilders.\n

'}
Bishopsgate (Low Level) railway station (Q4918086)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

Bishopsgate (Low Level) was a railway station opened by the Great Eastern Railway (GER) on 4 November 1872 alongside the company's first London terminus, Bishopsgate, which stood on a viaduct (and thus became also known as Bishopsgate (High Level)). The newer station was on a lower route, leading south-west, which the GER was building to its future Liverpool Street terminus and was situated on Quaker Street, on the eastern side of Shoreditch High Street (now in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets but then in the Metropolitan Borough of Bethnal Green) near Bishopsgate.

"}
Sonos Studio (Q27668236)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Sonos Studio (colloquially the SONOS studio) is an art gallery and studio established on May 9, 2012 and owned by American consumer electronics company Sonos. It was originally located in Los Angeles, United States, but a second gallery was set up in London, United Kingdom, on September 23, 2015 and the original location was dissolved on January 19, 2016. The Studio also had temporary pop-up locations that have included New York City and Amsterdam from 2013, 2014 and 2015.\n

'}
Leamouth (Q122735)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Leamouth is a mixed-use development and historically a wharf in the Port of London in Blackwall. It lies on the west side of the confluence of the Bow Creek stretch of the Lea, and the River Thames.\n

'}
London Docklands (Q124041)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

London Docklands is the riverfront and former docks in London. It is located in inner east and southeast London, in the boroughs of Southwark, Tower Hamlets, Lewisham, Newham, and Greenwich. The docks were formerly part of the Port of London, at one time the world\'s largest port. After the docks closed, the area had become derelict and poverty-ridden by the 1980s. The Docklands\' regeneration began later that decade; it has been redeveloped principally for commercial and residential use. The name "London Docklands" was used for the first time in a government report on redevelopment plans in 1971 and has since been almost universally adopted. The redevelopment created wealth, but also led to some conflict between the new and old communities in the area.\n

'}
Cannon Street Road railway station (Q5032789)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Cannon Street Road was a short-lived railway station in Shadwell, east London, that was on the London and Blackwall Railway (LBR) between Minories and Shadwell stations.\n

'}
Victoria Park and Bow railway station (Q18619362)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

Victoria Park & Bow was a short-lived railway station in Bow, east London. It was located close to the present-day Bow Junction on what is now the Great Eastern Main Line between Stratford and Bethnal Green. Built by the Eastern Counties Railway (ECR), it opened on 2 April 1849, seemingly for the main purpose of providing an interchange between the London and Blackwall Extension Railway's (LBER) Fenchurch Street branch and the ECR's main line between Bishopsgate and Stratford.\n

"}
Leman Street railway station (Q6521003)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Leman Street was a railway station on the main line from Fenchurch Street to Blackwall in east London. It was 38 chains (0.76\xa0km) down the line from Fenchurch Street, situated on the east side of Leman Street, near Cable Street, in the parish of Whitechapel.

'}
Execution Dock (Q1271020)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Execution Dock was a place in the River Thames near the shoreline at Wapping, London, that was used for more than 400 years to execute pirates, smugglers and mutineers who had been sentenced to death by Admiralty courts. The "dock" consisted of a scaffold for hanging. Its last executions were in 1830.\n

'}
Cubitt Town (Q122750)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Cubitt Town is a district on the eastern side of the Isle of Dogs in London, England. This part of Poplar was redeveloped as part of the Port of London in \n1840s and 1850s by William Cubitt, Lord Mayor of London (1860–1862), after whom it is named. It is on the east of the Isle, facing Royal Borough of Greenwich across the River Thames. To the west is Millwall, to the east and south is Greenwich, to the northwest Canary Wharf and to the north, across the Blue Bridge, is the rest of Poplar. It is in Blackwall & Cubitt Town Ward of Tower Hamlets London Borough Council.\n

'}
Whitechapel (Q124539)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Whitechapel is a district in East London and the future administrative centre of the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. It is a part of the East End of London, 3.4 miles (5.5\xa0km) east of Charing Cross. It was part of the ancient parish of Stepney, Middlesex. It was split off as a separate parish in the 14th century. It became part of the County of London in 1889 and Greater London in 1965. Because the area is close to the London Docklands and east of the City of London, it has been a popular place for immigrants and the working class.\n

'}
St Botolph without Aldgate (Q16258512)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

St Botolph without Aldgate was an ancient parish in the metropolitan area of London. The parish was partly within the City of London and partly in the County of Middlesex. Each part operated as a separate parish for civil administration with its own local government, but it was a single parish for ecclesiastical purposes. The part in Middlesex was sometimes known as East Smithfield. It was a heavily built-upon parish with a high population density.\n

'}
St Mary Matfelon (Q7594596)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

The St Mary Matfelon church, popularly known as St Mary's, Whitechapel, was a Church of England parish church on Whitechapel Road, Whitechapel, London.\n

"}
Matt's Gallery (Q6788253)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

Matt's Gallery is a contemporary art gallery currently situated in a temporary space at 92 Webster Road, London. Its director, Robin Klassnik OBE, opened the gallery in 1979 in his studio on Martello Street, before moving premises to Copperfield Road, Mile End in 1993. The gallery is named after Klassnik’s dog, Matt E. Mulsion.

"}
Burrells Wharf (Q5000413)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Burrells Wharf is a riverside residential estate, owned by its leaseholders, in London, England in the south-central Docklands. Rectangular and adjoining on a shorter side the River Thames (facing Deptford) Burrells Wharf is in Millwall on the Isle of Dogs. The residential estate is one of 18 buildings or groups of buildings on the peninsula to be architecturally listed as buildings of special interest or importance.\n

'}
Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry (Q4120330)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, commonly known as Barts, is a medical and dental school in London, England. The school is part of Queen Mary University of London, a constituent college of the federal University of London, and a member of the United Hospitals. It was formed in 1995 by the merger of the London Hospital Medical College (the first school to be granted an official charter for medical teaching in 1785) and St Bartholomew's Hospital Medical College (the oldest remaining hospital in the United Kingdom, having been founded in 1123, with medical teaching beginning from that date).\n

"}
West India Docks railway station (Q7985437)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

West India Docks was a railway station in Limehouse, east London, that was opened by the Commercial Railway (later the London and Blackwall Railway) in 1840. It was situated between Limehouse and Millwall Junction stations, 2\xa0miles 35\xa0chains (3.9\xa0km) down-line from Fenchurch Street. As the name implies, the station served the West India Docks, though it was located on the north side of the northernmost of the three docks; the LBR was later extended to a new Millwall Docks station to serve the other two docks.\n

'}
Hackney Wick (Q121623)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Hackney Wick is a neighbourhood in east London, England; the south-eastern part of the district of Hackney and also of the wider London Borough of Hackney. The proximity of Hackney Wick railway station and similarity of land uses lead to adjacent areas of the Tower Hamlets sometimes also being described as part of Hackney Wick. The area lies 4.2 miles (6.8\xa0km) northeast of Charing Cross. \n

'}
Millwall Junction railway station (Q6860128)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Millwall Junction was a railway station in Poplar, east London, on the London and Blackwall Railway (LBR). Despite the name, it was not in Millwall, but rather it marked where the LBR southern branch to Millwall and North Greenwich, which served the West India Docks, branched off the main line. It was between West India Docks station and Poplar station, 2\xa0miles 64\xa0chains (4.5\xa0km) down-line from Fenchurch Street, with South Dock the next stop on the Millwall branch.\n

'}
Bow Interchange (Q16987760)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Bow Interchange is a busy grade-separated road junction in London, England, on the East Cross Route (part of the A12 road) between Bow, Stratford, and Bromley-by-Bow and is located on the boundary of the London Borough of Tower Hamlets and the London Borough of Newham. It is a triple-level junction where the East Cross Route (the A12), Bow Road (the A11 road), and Stratford High Street (the A118 road) meet. The River Lea runs underneath the junction.\n

'}
St. Casimir's Lithuanian Church (Q20713028)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Roman Catholic Church of St Casimir is a Lithuanian church located in Bethnal Green, London, E2 9DT.

'}
Coldharbour (Q121634)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Coldharbour is a street and wider conservation area in Blackwall, lying on the north bank of the River Thames, east of Canary Wharf. The area is said to be "[t]he sole remaining fragment of the old hamlet of Blackwall" and "one of the last examples of the narrow streets which once characterised the river\'s perimeter".

'}
Columbus Tower (Q5150139)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Columbus Tower was a planned high-rise development by Commercial Estates Group approved for construction on a site on the Isle of Dogs, London Borough of Tower Hamlets. The 63-storey, 242\xa0m (794\xa0ft) AOD (Above Ordnance Datum) tower would have been located on a 0.36-hectare site at the western end of the north dock at West India Quay. At 2009 projected cost was £450M to build and reaching 237 metres in height, and projected was taller only by 2 m than One Canada Square.\n

'}
Landmark Pinnacle (Q16258428)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Landmark Pinnacle is a 239-metre (784\xa0ft) skyscraper under construction by developer Chalegrove Properties in Marsh Wall on the Isle of Dogs, London, United Kingdom. It is set to be the tallest residential building in Europe and will have more habitable floors than any other building in Europe. The development was formerly known as City Pride, the same name as the public house it replaces, before a name change in 2016.\n

'}
Blood Swept Lands and Seas of Red (Q18385481)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

Blood Swept Lands and Seas of Red was a public art installation created in the moat of the Tower of London, England, between July and November 2014. It commemorated the centenary of the outbreak of World War I and consisted of 888,246 ceramic red poppies, each intended to represent one British or Colonial serviceman killed in the War. The ceramic artist was Paul Cummins, with conceptual design by the stage designer Tom Piper. The work's title was taken from the first line of a poem by an unknown soldier in World War I.\n

"}
Academy Drama School (Q3443602)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Academy Drama School (often referred to as the Academy) was a British drama school in London. It was founded in 1985 and closed in 2007.\n

'}
St Peter's, Bethnal Green (Q15059609)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

St Peter's Bethnal Green is a 19th-century church in Bethnal Green, London, England.\n

"}
Red Lion (Q7304520)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Red Lion was an Elizabethan playhouse located in Whitechapel (part of the modern Borough of Tower Hamlets), just outside the City of London on the east side. \n

'}
Limehouse Studios (Q6549183)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Limehouse Studios was an independently owned television studio complex built in No. 10 Warehouse (30 Shed) of the South Quay Import Dock. This was located at the eastern end of Canary Wharf in Limehouse near the Isle of Dogs in London, which opened in 1983. The building was demolished just six years later, in 1989, to make way for the Olympia & York development of Canary Wharf which now occupies the site.\n

'}
Poplar Blackwall and District Rowing Club (Q7229381)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Poplar Blackwall and District Rowing Club is a rowing club in Millwall, on the River Thames in England, on the northern bank of the Thames opposite Greenwich on the Isle of Dogs, London.\n

'}
Wellclose Square (Q7981189)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Wellclose Square is a public square in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets, between Cable Street to the north and The Highway to the south.\n

'}
Stepney (Q7611046)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Stepney was an ancient civil and ecclesiastical parish in the historic county of Middlesex to the east and north east of the City of London, England.

'}
Stepney Power Station (Q7611051)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Stepney Power Station (sometimes known as Limehouse Power Station) was a small coal-fired power station situated by the Thames on the north side of Narrow Street, Limehouse, London.\n

'}
Baroness Burdett Coutts Drinking Fountain (Q17531738)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Baroness Burdett Coutts Drinking Fountain (also known as the Victoria Fountain) is a Grade II* listed drinking fountain situated in Victoria Park, London.\n

'}
IMT Gallery (Q5972120)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

IMT Gallery (also known as IMT or Image Music Text) is a contemporary art gallery in Bethnal Green in London's East End.\n

"}
Burdett Road railway station (Q4998280)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Burdett Road is a disused railway station located in Bow Common, east London. It was opened in 1871 by the Great Eastern Railway and closed in 1941.\n

'}
Riverside South (Q3496849)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Riverside South is a proposed skyscraper development in Canary Wharf, London. Some below ground-level work was completed by 2014 on behalf of investment bank J.P. Morgan & Co., which bought a 999-year lease on the site with the intention of making the building its London office, but the firm has now moved into an existing Canary Wharf building. Future plans for Riverside South have not been publicised.

'}
Globe Road and Devonshire Street railway station (Q5570997)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Globe Road & Devonshire Street was a railway station on the Great Eastern Main Line, 1\xa0mile 54\xa0chains (2.7\xa0km) down the line from Liverpool Street. It was opened by the Great Eastern Railway on 1 July 1884 when the company quadrupled the double-track main line section, and it was situated close to the site of the former Devonshire Street terminus, which had closed in 1840.\n

'}
St George in the East (Q13479779)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

St George in the East is a former civil parish, mirrored by a continuing (extant) Church of England parish and narrower conservation area in Shadwell, in London, England. It is traditionally north of Wapping in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. Its name has dropped out of most general use however is shown on many 21st century maps. The church, crypts and second floor outreach mission is open and holds regular services, as well as community organising and social justice campaigns.\n

'}
St John's Chapel (Q2403338)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

St. John's Chapel is located in the Tower of London. The building dates from 1080.\n

"}
Bethnal Green (Q124204)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

Bethnal Green is an area in the East End of London centred 1 mile (1.6\xa0km) northeast of Liverpool Street station. It has two Overground stations (one being named Cambridge Heath) and one Underground station. It currently also gives its name to an electoral ward of the London Borough of Tower Hamlets and co-encompasses St Peter's ward (emulating its Anglican daughter parish to that saint). Part of the area holds conservation area status, chiefly due to protected small, public greens and listed buildings. The area emerged from the hamlet which developed around the Green, much of which survives today as Bethnal Green Gardens, beside Cambridge Heath Road.\n

"}
Young and Talented School of Stage and Screen (Q8058529)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Young and Talented School of Stage and Screen (Y&T) is a London-based drama school located at Oxford House in Bethnal Green and The Broadway Theatre, in Barking. Y&T was founded in 2004 by actress and director Suzann McLean (Robinson) and has been running at the Barking and Dagenham College since 2013. The school won an Ebony Business Recognition Award in 2013 in the category of "Entertainment and Leisure" as well as the Jack Petchey Foundation Crystal Award in 2015. And has received positive reviews in East End Life and Muslim Weekly newspaper.

'}
Wickhams (Q7998401)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

Wickhams was a department store on the north side of the Mile End Road in London's East End, closing in the 1960s.\n

"}
Trinity Independent Chapel (Q7842858)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Trinity Independent Chapel (also known as the Congregational or Methodist chapel) was an architecturally significant early Victorian church in the East End of London. It was destroyed in the bombing during World War II, and re-built in Modernist style afterwards. In the late 1990s the building was sold to the Calvary Charismatic Baptist Church, and since then has served as their Prayer Temple and international headquarters.\n

'}
World Trade Centre (London) (Q15059605)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The World Trade Centre was an 89-metre (292\xa0ft), 19 storey building in the Canary Wharf area of London, England, built in 1991. The building was heavily damaged by an IRA bomb on February 9, 1996. The top four floors were demolished and after a proposal called World Trade Centre London to redevelop it as offices was cancelled following September 11, 2001, the frame was reclad and it became the Hilton Canary Wharf.\n

'}
St Mary's tube station (Q2324010)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

St. Mary's (Whitechapel Road) was a station on the District and Metropolitan lines of the London Underground. It was located between Whitechapel and Aldgate East stations, in the East End of London.\n

"}
City Canal (Q1093866)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The City Canal was a short, and short-lived, canal excavated across the Isle of Dogs in east London, linking two reaches of the River Thames. Today, it has been almost completely reconstructed to form the South Dock of the West India Docks.\n

'}
Trolley Gallery (Q7845187)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

\n\nTrolley Gallery is a contemporary art gallery in Shoreditch, east London, which emerged independently and alongside the already established Trolley Books in 2003. The gallery exhibits the work of new, emerging artists and is often host to first solo shows. The gallery's directors were Hannah Watson and founder Gigi Giannuzzi, who died in 2013.

"}
Nelly Duff (Q6990235)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Nelly Duff is a contemporary commercial art gallery in Bethnal Green, London. It is based at the foot of Columbia Road market in the East End of London. It works with Ben Eine, The Toaster, and other artists. The gallery\'s name is taken from the Cockney rhyming slang for "life" ("Nelly Duff" = "puff" = "breath of life").\n

'}
Poplar Recreation Ground Memorial (Q26318324)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Poplar Recreation Ground Memorial is a memorial to 18 children killed at Upper North Street School in Poplar on 13 June 1917, by the first daylight bombing attack on London by fixed-wing aircraft.\n

'}
Cambridge Heath (Q123584)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Cambridge Heath is an area of Bethnal Green that takes its name from a former heath in the East End of London. It forms the northern part of the Borough of Tower Hamlets and includes the canal-side walkway of Vyner Street, best known for its street art and galleries.

'}
Elevator Gallery (Q5359713)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

\nElevator Gallery is a contemporary art venue in Balfron Tower. The gallery first opened in 2007 in Hackney Wick, London, and has since been on location at various venues around London. Besides regular exhibitions of contemporary art, the gallery has a varied programme of live art, cinema and musical events.\n

'}
Tower Green (Q279398)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Tower Green is a space within the Tower of London, a royal castle in London, where two English Queens consort and several other British nobles were executed by beheading. It was considered more dignified for nobility to be executed away from spectators, and Queens Anne Boleyn, Catherine Howard and Lady Jane Grey were among the nobility beheaded here. Queen Victoria asked for information on the exact location where the executions took place and had some granite paving laid to mark the spot. However, it is unclear whether the location is indeed correct because other sources place it on the current parade ground between the White Tower and the entrance to the current Waterloo Barracks.\n

'}
Bow Common (Q121555)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

Bow Common was an area of common land, that lay on Bow Common Lane in what is now the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. Despite the name, the common lay just inside Mile End's parish boundary with Bromley by Bow, and not in the parish of Bow which was further to the north.\n

"}
South Bromley railway station (Q7566422)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

South Bromley railway station was a former railway station in South Bromley, London, on the North London Railway between Bow and Poplar (East India Dock Road). It opened in 1884 but was closed in 1944 after bomb damage in the Blitz cut off the railway east of Dalston Junction.\n

'}
Millwall Docks railway station (Q6860127)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Millwall Docks was a railway station located in the Millwall area of the Isle of Dogs in east London. It was between South Dock and North Greenwich stations on the Millwall Extension Railway (MER) branch of the London and Blackwall Railway (LBR). It opened in December 1871 and was situated on the corner of Glengall Road (now Pepper Street) and East Ferry Road, serving the Millwall Docks (which were later merged into a single dock, rendering the name slightly anachronistic).

'}
Tower Hill (Q499565)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Tower Hill is a complex city or garden square northwest of the Tower of London, in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets just outside the City of London boundary yet inside what remains of the London Wall — a large fragment of which survives toward its east.

'}
Bishop Challoner Catholic Collegiate School (Q15059617)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Bishop Challoner Catholic Federation of Schools is a Roman Catholic secondary school and sixth form, located in the Shadwell area of the London Borough of Tower Hamlets, England. In May 2015, the name of the schools formally changed from "the Collegiate" to its current nomenclature of Bishop Challoner Catholic Federation of Schools.\n

'}
East End of London (Q739700)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

\n\n\n\n

'}
Brunswick Wharf Power Station (Q4979559)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Brunswick Wharf Power Station (also known as Blackwall Power Station) was a coal- and oil-fired power station on the River Thames at Blackwall in London. The station was planned from 1939 by Poplar Borough Council but construction only started in 1947 after the Second World War. It was decommissioned in 1984, and the site was redeveloped.\n

'}
Old Ford (Q124163)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Old Ford is an area in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets that is named after the natural ford which provided a crossing of the River Lea.

'}
King Edward VII Jewish Memorial Drinking Fountain (Q26318854)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The King Edward VII Jewish Memorial Drinking Fountain is a drinking fountain on the Whitechapel Road in the East End of London.\n

'}
Blind Beggar and His Dog (Q17531634)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Blind Beggar and his Dog is a bronze statue of 1958 by the sculptor Elisabeth Frink. It stands in the enclosed garden of Tate House, a residential development for the elderly on the Cranbrook Estate in the London district of Bethnal Green.\n

'}
Black Horse Public House (Q26318224)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Black Horse was formerly a pub at 168 Mile End Road, Stepney, London E1.\n

'}
St Mellitus College (Q7594723)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

St Mellitus College is a theological college established in 2007 by the Diocese of London and the Diocese of Chelmsford of the Church of England. It has campuses in Earl's Court, Chelmsford, Liverpool, and Plymouth, with growing links with other churches, colleges and dioceses throughout the UK and beyond. The president is Graham Tomlin, Bishop of Kensington, and the dean is Andy Emerton. St Mellitus College is a wholly non-residential college and has pioneered context-based training within the Church of England, integrating academic theological study with ministry placements throughout the course of study.\n

"}
Waterworks River (Q7974584)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Waterworks River is a river, at one time a tidal river, in the London Borough of Newham, one of the Bow Back Rivers that flow into the Bow Creek part of the River Lea, which in turn flows into the River Thames.

'}
HMS President (Q5633857)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

HMS President is a "stone frigate", or shore establishment of the Royal Naval Reserve, based on the northern bank of the River Thames near Tower Bridge in Wapping and is in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets.\n

'}
Limehouse Library (Q6549179)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Limehouse Public Library is a historical building in Limehouse, London, formerly a public library. The library was first proposed for construction in 1888, but the required finances could not be raised until 1900 when John Passmore Edwards was approached for assistance. He subscribed a sum of £5,000 and he subsequently laid the foundation stone on October 19 of that year. The library was opened to the public in November 1901 by the mayor of Stepney.\n

'}
Britannia Stop Lock (Q4969307)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Britannia Stop Lock was a lock on the Limehouse Cut in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. It was built in 1853. The gates were either side of Commercial Road bridge and were oriented such that a boat travelling from south-west to north-east would ascend in height.\n

'}
Brick Lane (Q1194528)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

\n\n\n

'}
Young Muslim Organisation (Q16897590)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Young Muslim Organisation is a youth-oriented initiative. It was established mainly by Bangladeshi youths in East London during the period of racial attacks in Tower Hamlets in 1978.\nThe group first met in London in October 1978 to bring together what its website describes as "a dynamic band of youth who would respond to the challenges faced by their community with deep faith, true commitment and a positive and comprehensive work plan". Its dawah work includes School Link Project (SLP), College Link Project (CLP) and University Link Project (ULP) which organise activities such as lectures, seminars, awards ceremonies, camps, and sports activities.

'}
Bow Creek (Q4571415)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Bow Creek is a 2.25-mile (3.6\xa0km) long tidal estuary of the English River Lea and is part of the Bow Back Rivers. Below Bow Locks the creek forms the boundary between the London Boroughs of Newham and Tower Hamlets, in East London.\n

'}
Mile End Stadium (Q6851076)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Mile End Stadium, also known as the East London Stadium, is a multi-sports stadium in Mile End and situated in the park of the same name, East London, England. The stadium comprises an athletics stadium and a number of floodlit Astroturf football pitches, tennis and netball courts.\n

'}
Millwall Dock (Q1519503)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Millwall Dock is a dock at Millwall, London, England, located south of Canary Wharf on the Isle of Dogs.\n

'}
Advisory Service for Squatters (Q4686862)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

The Advisory Service for Squatters (ASS) is a non-profit group based in London, run by volunteers which aims to provide practical advice and legal support for squatters. It was founded in 1975, having grown out of the Family Squatters Advisory Service. After being based for many years in St. Paul's Road in Islington, ASS moved its offices to Whitechapel High Street the same building as Freedom Press.\n

"}
Queen Elizabeth Hospital for Children (Q7270345)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Queen Elizabeth Hospital for Children was based in Haggerston in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets, London. In 1996 the hospital became part of The Royal Hospitals NHS Trust, later renamed Barts and The London NHS Trust. In 1998 the services previously carried out by the hospital were transferred to the Royal London Hospital.\n

'}
Poplar Baths (Q7229378)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Poplar Baths on the East India Dock Road in Poplar, London is a former public bath house and Grade II listed building that was constructed in 1933 and closed to the public in 1988. The Baths are adjacent to All Saints DLR station. A campaign to restore the baths won the support of Tower Hamlets Council in 2010 and the construction company Guildmore was appointed to complete the works to create a new leisure centre incorporating a swimming pool, gymnasium and affordable housing on adjacent land. The site reopened in July 2016.\n

'}
Chisenhale Dance Space (Q20711311)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Chisenhale Dance Space is a British, member-led charitable organisation based in east London. It provides rehearsal and performance space for independent dancers.\n

'}
Orchard House Yard (Q7100192)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Orchard House Yard (known as Orchard Yard and Hercules Wharf) was an English shipbuilding yard located at Leamouth, on the River Lea at Bow Creek . Forming part of the Orchard House estate, a number of shipbuilders occupied the site over time:\n

'}
Islamic Forum of Europe (Q6082447)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Islamic Forum of Europe (IFE) is an Islamic organisation based in the United Kingdom with affiliates in Europe. Its charitable arm is the Islamic Forum Trust.

'}
London Arena (Q6669850)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The London Arena (also known as London Docklands Arena) was an indoor arena and exhibition centre in Millwall, close to Cubitt Town area of Poplar, on the Isle of Dogs, in east London, England which was inaugurated in 1989 and demolished for housing in 2006. Seating capacity was up to 15,000, depending on the type of event held. It was the home of the London Knights ice hockey team, the London Towers basketball team and later the Greater London Leopards basketball team.\n

'}
Museum of Immigration and Diversity (Q6940881)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Museum of Immigration and Diversity is a British museum at 19 Princelet Street in Spitalfields, in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. The Grade II listed building in which the museum is located was a house built in 1719 for the Huguenot silk merchant Peter Abraham Ogier.\n

'}
Bromley Stop Lock (Q4973698)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Bromley Stop Lock was a lock on the Limehouse Cut in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets that was situated near the junction of Limehouse Cut and the River Lee Navigation by Bow Locks.\n

'}
Goodman's Fields Theatre (Q5583438)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

\n\n\nTwo 18th century theatres bearing the name Goodman's Fields Theatre were located on Alie Street, Whitechapel, London. The first opened on 31 October 1727 in a small shop by Thomas Odell, deputy Licenser of Plays. The first play performed was George Farquhar's The Recruiting Officer. Henry Fielding's second play The Temple Beau premièred here on 26 January 1730. Upon retirement, Odell passed the management on to Henry Giffard, after a sermon was preached against the theatre at St Botolph's, Aldgate. Giffard operated the theatre until 1732. After he left, the theatre was used for a variety of acrobatic performances.\n

"}
Asthma UK (Q28457024)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Asthma UK is a British charity based in London.\n

'}
Engage (Q5377397)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

engage [sic], National Association for Gallery Education, is based in the United Kingdom and promotes the visual arts through gallery education. engage's work helps galleries encourages people to participate in and enjoy the visual arts and become confident users of galleries and museums. engage is the leading international membership association for gallery education working with arts and education professionals. engage has over 1,000 members including gallery educators, teachers and arts professionals from across the UK and in 15 countries.

"}
Knave of Clubs (Q26318374)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Knave of Clubs is a former pub at 25 Bethnal Green Road, Shoreditch, London E1. It closed in July 1994, and since 2001 has been Les Trois Garçons, a restaurant.

'}
Town Hall (Q26318353)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Bethnal Green Town Hall is a municipal building on the corner of Cambridge Heath Road and Patriot Square in Bethnal Green, London. It is a Grade II listed building.

'}
Westwood, Baillie (Q7989835)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Westwood, Baillie and Co was a Victorian engineering and shipbuilding company based at London Yard in Cubitt Town, London.\n

'}
International Sugar Organization (Q691632)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The International Sugar Organization is an intergovernmental organization, based in London, which was established by the International Sugar Agreement of 1968, as the body responsible for administering the Agreement. Unlike its predecessors under pre-1968 versions of the International Sugar Agreement, it does not have the power to regulate the international sugar trade by price-setting or export quotas but seeks to promote the trade in and consumption of sugar by gathering and publishing information on the sugar market, research into new uses for sugar and related products and as a forum for intergovernmental discussions on sugar. As of June 2017, its membership consisted of 87 countries.

'}
Newfoundland Quay (Q15917518)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Newfoundland Quay is a 220-metre (720\xa0ft) residential skyscraper currently under development on the Isle of Dogs, London.

'}
One Park Drive (Q29378816)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

One Park Drive is a residential skyscraper currently under construction situated next to the Canary Wharf development on the Isle of Dogs, London. The building is designed by Herzog & de Meuron, is cylindrical in shape, and when complete will be 58-storeys comprising 468 apartments.

'}
Sir John Cass School of Art, Architecture and Design (Q30715579)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

The School of Art, Architecture and Design, formerly the Sir John Cass School of Art, Architecture and Design, abbreviated as The Cass and nicknamed the Aldgate Bauhaus, is an art school in Aldgate that forms part of London Metropolitan University. It was established in its present form in 2012 from the merger of Sir John Cass Faculty of Art, Media and Design and the Faculty of Architecture and Spatial Design at London Metropolitan University, though it has a history stretching back to the 1800s via its various predecessor institutions. The school took its former name from philanthropist Sir John Cass (1661–1718), who helped establish funding for education in Aldgate and whose statue is displayed in the University: however, his name was removed from the institutional name in June 2020 because of his associations with the slave trade. The school is presently based at the University's refurbished Aldgate Campus which comprises three buildings, Goulston Street, Calcutta House and The Calcutta Small Annexe in Aldgate, London.\n

"}
D&AD (Q841995)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Design and Art Direction (D&AD, formerly known as British Design & Art Direction) is a British educational charity which exists to promote excellence in design and advertising. Its main offices are in Spitalfields in London. It is most famous for its annual awards, the D&AD Pencils. A Black Pencil is the highest award and is not awarded every year.

'}
Refinitiv (Q60741469)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Refinitiv is a global provider of financial market data and infrastructure. The company was founded in 2018. It is jointly owned by Blackstone Group LP which has a 55% stake and Thomson Reuters which owns 45%. The company has an annual turnover of $6bn with more than 40,000 client companies in 190 countries.

'}
Frank Dobson Square (Q28405343)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Frank Dobson Square is a public square in Whitechapel, in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. It commemorates the life and work of British artist and sculptor Frank Owen Dobson.\n

'}
Royal Navy (Q172771)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

The Royal Navy (RN) is the United Kingdom's naval warfare force. Although warships were used by the English kings from the early medieval period, the first major maritime engagements were fought in the Hundred Years' War against the Kingdom of France. The modern Royal Navy traces its origins to the early 16th century; the oldest of the UK's armed services, it is known as the Senior Service.\n

"}
Samuda Brothers (Q1342306)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

\n\nSamuda Brothers was an engineering and ship building firm at Cubitt Town on the Isle of Dogs in London, founded by Jacob and Joseph d'Aguilar Samuda. The site is now occupied by Samuda Estate.\n

"}
History of Modern Biomedicine Research Group (Q29410510)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

The History of Modern Biomedicine Research Group (HoMBRG) is an academic organisation specialising in recording and publishing the oral history of twentieth and twenty-first century biomedicine. It was established in 1990 as the Wellcome Trust's History of Twentieth Century Medicine Group, and reconstituted in October 2010 as part of the School of History at Queen Mary University of London.

"}
Tower Hamlets Summer University (Q7829680)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Tower Hamlets Summer University (THSU) is a British charity in the Tower Hamlets area of London which offers independent learning programs for people from 11 to 25 years of age. It rebranded to the name Futureversity in 2010.\n

'}
Eastminster (Q1795773)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Eastminster (The Abbey of St. Mary de Graces) was a Cistercian abbey on Tower Hill in London, founded by Edward III in 1350 immediately outside the Roman London Wall and thus today in the E1 postcode district. Among its endowments was the reversion in 1350 given by King Edward which he owned of one of the four manors of Shere in the hamlet of Gomshall, Surrey which acquired the name Towerhill, due to its patronage of the abbey.

'}
Metropolitan Borough of Poplar (Q1925826)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Poplar was a local government district in the metropolitan area of London, England. It was formed as a district of the Metropolis in 1855 and became a metropolitan borough in the County of London in 1900. It comprised Poplar, Millwall, Bromley-by-Bow and Bow.\n

'}
Old River Lea (Q7084849)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Old River Lea is the former natural channel of the River Lea below Lea Bridge, in the London Borough of Hackney. The Old River forms a large meander from the Middlesex Filter Beds Weir to rejoin the main channel of the River Lee Navigation below Old Ford Lock, just west of the 2012 Olympic stadium.\n

'}
Poplar Rates Rebellion Mural (Q20713184)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Poplar Rates Rebellion Mural is a mural in Poplar, London, on the wall of the depot of Tower Hamlets Parks Department on Hale Street, E14\n

'}
Sylvia Pankhurst (Q24298894)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

A sculpture of Sylvia Pankhurst is located in Mile End Park, Bethnal Green, London, England. It honours the life of Sylvia Pankhurst, a leading English suffragette and socialist.

'}
Former Poplar Town Hall (Bow House) (Q27087210)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Poplar Town Hall is a municipal building at the corner of Bow Road and Fairfield Road in Poplar, London. It is a Grade II listed building.

'}
Novo Cemetery (Q88800512)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Novo Cemetery is a Sephardic Jewish cemetery located within the grounds of Queen Mary University of London in Mile End in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. Opened in 1733, it is one of only two exclusively Sephardic cemeteries left in England.\n

'}
Statue of Robert Milligan (Q96183031)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

A statue of Robert Milligan was installed at the West India Docks in London, in 1813. Milligan was a merchant and slave-factor, and was largely responsible for the construction of the West India Docks.\n

'}
Heritage Fund (Q5742662)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The National Lottery Heritage Fund, formerly the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF), distributes a share of National Lottery funding, supporting a wide range of heritage projects across the United Kingdom. \n

'}
Liberties of the Tower of London (Q987342)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Liberties of the Tower, or the Tower Liberty, was a liberty around and including the Tower of London.\n

'}
Flower and Dean Street (Q2900453)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Flower and Dean Street was a road at the heart of the Spitalfields rookery in the East End of London. It was one of the most notorious slums of the Victorian era, being described in 1883 as "perhaps the foulest and most dangerous street in the whole metropolis", and was closely associated with the victims of Jack the Ripper.\n

'}
Durward Street (Q1267541)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

Durward Street, formerly Buck's Row, is a street in Whitechapel, London.\n

"}
East India Docks (Q1277908)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

\n\nThe East India Docks were a group of docks in Blackwall, east London, north-east of the Isle of Dogs. Today only the entrance basin and listed perimeter wall remain visible.\n

'}
Shadwell Basin (Q1306762)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Shadwell Basin is a housing and leisure complex built around a disused dock in Wapping, London. The old dock was formerly part of the London Docks and historically in Shadwell where it takes it namesake from, a group of docks named and built by the London Dock Company at Wapping and is part of the wider docks of the Port of London.\n

'}
Bow railway works (Q4950684)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

\n\nBow railway works was at Bow, an area of London, England, in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. It was built in 1853 by the North London Railway.\n

'}
Brady Street (Q4955219)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Brady Street is a road located in Whitechapel, East London. It runs from Whitechapel Road in the south to Three Colts Lane, near Bethnal Green railway station, in the north. It was formerly known as North Street.\n

'}
Cheshire Street (Q5092975)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Cheshire Street is a street in east London linking Brick Lane with Bethnal Green and Whitechapel.\n

'}
Black Eagle Brewery (Q4920712)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

The Black Eagle Brewery is the former brewing plant of Truman's Brewery located around Brick Lane in the Spitalfields area, in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. Truman's subsequently became Truman, Hanbury and Buxton. By 1853, the Black Eagle Brewery was the largest in the world, with an annual production of 400,000 barrels.

"}
Cable Street (Q5015658)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Cable Street is a road in the East End of London, England, with several historic landmarks nearby. It was made famous by the Battle of Cable Street in 1936.\n

'}
Commercial Road (Q5152522)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

Commercial Road is a street in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets in the East End of London. It is 1.9 miles (3.1\xa0km) long, running from Gardiner's Corner (previously the site of Gardiners department store, and now Aldgate East Underground station), through Stepney to the junction with Burdett Road in Limehouse at which point the route splits into the East India Dock Road and the West India Dock Road. It is an artery connecting the historic City of London with the more recently developed financial district at Canary Wharf, and part of the A13.\n

"}
Blackwall Buildings (Q4923504)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

\nBlackwall Buildings were housing blocks built in 1890 in Thomas Street, Whitechapel. Its first tenants were rehoused from an area that had been cleared during railway construction work, and they paid a nominal rent. By the late 1960s the buildings had fallen into disrepair.\n

'}
Bluegate Fields (Q4930316)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

Bluegate Fields (also known as Blue Gate Fields) was one of the worst slum areas that once existed just north of the old, east London docks during the Victorian era. Two streets in the area had actually been named Bluegate Fields at different times: present-day Dellow Street (along the eastern edge of the St. George's-in-the-East churchyard) and Cable Street (along the northern edge of the churchyard).\n

"}
Commercial Street (Q5122150)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Commercial Street is an arterial road in Tower Hamlets, east London that runs north to south from Shoreditch High Street to Whitechapel High Street through the East End district of Spitalfields. The road is a section of the A1202 London Inner Ring Road and as such forms part of the boundary of the London congestion charge zone.\n

'}
London Docks (Q1488404)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The London Docks were one of several sets of docks in the historic Port of London.\n

'}
Hanbury Street (Q1574269)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Hanbury Street is a street running from Spitalfields to Whitechapel, London Borough of Tower Hamlets, in the East End of London. It runs east from Commercial Street to the junction of Old Montague Street and Vallance Road at the east end. The eastern section is restricted to pedal cycles and pedestrians only.\n

'}
Dorset Street (Q199273)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Dorset Street was a street in Spitalfields, east London, once situated at the heart of the area\'s rookery. By repute it was "the worst street in London" and it was the scene of the brutal murder of Mary Jane Kelly by Jack the Ripper on 9 November 1888. The murder was committed at Kelly\'s lodgings which were situated at No. 13, Miller\'s Court entered from a passageway between 26 and 27, Dorset Street.\n

'}
Lovebox Festival (Q6692031)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Lovebox is a three-day music festival. In 2018 the event moved to Gunnersbury Park, London. The move came after Tower Hamlets turned down its application to continue in Victoria Park and Lambeth residents blocked its move to Brockwell Park.\n

'}
Jamestown Harbour (Q6146231)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Jamestown Harbour is a low-density luxury housing development of 73 homes in Poplar in East London, situated between Poplar Dock and Blackwall Marina, and to the north of Wood Wharf. It is spread across three cul-de-sacs: Landons Close, Bridge House Quay, and Lancaster Drive.\n

'}
Half Moon Theatre (Q5641725)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

\n\nThe Half Moon Theatre Company was formed in 1972 in a rented synagogue in Alie Street, Whitechapel, in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. Half Moon Passage was the name of a nearby alley. The founders, Michael Irving and Maurice Colbourne, and the Artistic Director, Guy Sprung, wanted to create a cheap rehearsal space with living accommodation, inspired by the sixties alternative society.\n

'}
rampART (Q6590726)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

\n\n\nrampART was a squatted social centre in the Whitechapel area of east London. It was established in a derelict building in Rampart Street which was previously used as an Islamic school for girls.\nThe centre operated as a private members club providing a space for a wide range of groups to carry out their activities. It was managed by volunteers without any funding and with a strong emphasis on consensus decision making and DIY culture.\n

'}
Millwall Iron Works (Q6860129)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

\n\nThe Millwall Iron Works, London, England, was a 19th-century industrial complex and series of companies, which developed from 1824. Formed from a series of small shipbuilding companies to address the need to build larger and larger ships, the holding company collapsed after the Panic of 1866 which greatly reduced shipbuilding in London. Subsequently, a recovery was made by a series of smaller companies, but by the later 19th century the location was too small for the building of ships on the scale then required. Most of its buildings, being near the apex of the peninsula, survived the Blitz and have been made into apartment blocks in a residential estate, Burrells Wharf.\n

'}
Lansbury Estate (Q6487332)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Lansbury Estate is a large, historic council housing estate in Poplar and Bromley-by-Bow in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. It is named after George Lansbury, a Poplar councillor and Labour Party MP.\n

'}
London Action Resource Centre (Q6669820)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The London Action Resource Centre (LARC) is an anarchist infoshop and autonomous social centre situated in Whitechapel, in the East End of London. It is used as a meeting place for protest groups, including Queeruption and Indymedia in London. It was originally known as the Fieldgate Action Resource Centre. LARC is part of the UK Social Centre Network, alongside other projects which were set up around the same time, like the Cowley Club in Brighton and the Sumac Centre in Nottingham.

'}
Tower division (Q248173)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Tower Division was a liberty in the ancient county of Middlesex, England. It was also known as the Tower Hamlets, and took its name from the military obligations owed to the Constable of the Tower of London.\n

'}
Pool of London (Q276997)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Pool of London is a stretch of the River Thames from London Bridge to below Limehouse.\n

'}
West India Docks (Q1642944)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The West India Docks are a series of three docks on the Isle of Dogs in London, England the first of which opened in 1802. The docks closed to commercial traffic in 1980 and the Canary Wharf development was built on the site.

'}
Battle of Cable Street (Q1678340)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Battle of Cable Street was an event that took place in Cable Street and Whitechapel in the East End of London, on Sunday 4 October 1936. It was a clash between the Metropolitan Police, sent to protect a march by members of the British Union of Fascists led by Oswald Mosley, and various anti-fascist demonstrators, including local anarchist, communist, Jewish and socialist groups. The majority of both marchers and counter-protesters travelled into the area for this purpose.\n

'}
Decima gallery (Q5249161)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Decima Gallery is a London-based arts projects organisation with a reputation for irreverent projects. Also known as Decima Projects or Decima International Arts, but more commonly simply referred to as Decima, it is owned and managed by David West, Alex Chappel, Larry McGinity and Mark Reeves.

'}
Field Day (Q5446893)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Field Day is a yearly outdoor music festival in London. In 2019 it will be held in a new location in Meridian Water, Enfield, London. It was first held in Victoria Park in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets on 11 August 2007 and returned there each year until 2017. The 2018 festival moved to Brockwell Park.\n

'}
Davenant Centre (Q5230208)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

The Davenant Centre, situated in Whitechapel in the East End of London, England, is known as a 'centre of excellence' for youth services in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. The Davenant Centre was built to remember the community work of the Reverend Ralph Davenant, Rector of Whitechapel, who left a legacy to educate forty boys and thirty girls. A building was first erected on the Whitechapel site of the present Davenant Centre in 1660. A school was built following the death of Reverend Ralph Davenant in 1680 and re-built and expanded in 1818 and 1896. The rear building of the present Davenant Centre has a Grade II Renaissance Style Listing.\n

"}
East Cross Route (Q5328191)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

East Cross Route (ECR) is a dual-carriageway road constructed in east London as part of the uncompleted Ringway 1 as part of the London Ringways plan drawn up the 1960s to create a series of high speed roads circling and radiating out from central London. The road was constructed between 1967 and 1973 and runs from Hackney Wick in north-east London, through the Blackwall Tunnel, to Kidbrooke in south-east London. The ECR was initially designated as part of the A102, but has, subsequently, been partially renumbered so that sections of it are now the A2 and A12.\n

'}
Devons Road (Q5267841)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Devons Road is a road in Bow Common and Bromley-by-Bow in east London. Part of the B140 road, it gives its name to the Devons Road DLR station.\n

'}
Dundee Wharf (Q5314855)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Dundee Wharf is a residential development in Limehouse in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets in London. The modern buildings occupy the site of a former shipyard known as Limekiln Dockyard. John Graves established this shipyard in 1633 and then expanded his holdings with Dundee Wharf itself. By 1650 George Margetts developed a ropemaking yard including a ropehouse, storehouse and a ropewalk on the site.\nA modern wharf with electric cranes was constructed in the 1930s. This was used by the Dundee, Perth & London Shipping Company to operate a twice-weekly service between Leith and London. \n

'}
Garrick Theatre (Q5523990)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

The Garrick Theatre, also known as Garrick's Subscription was a small theatre located in Leman St, Whitechapel. The theatre opened in 1831, and closed in about 1881. The theatre was named for the actor, David Garrick, who had made his début at the nearby Goodman's Fields Theatre on 9 October 1741, playing the role of Richard III.\n

"}
Devonshire Street railway station (Q5267882)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Devonshire Street was a short-lived railway station in the parish of Mile End Old Town, in the East End of London. It was opened on 20 June 1839 as a temporary London terminus of the Eastern Counties Railway (ECR) from Romford prior to the construction of Shoreditch station which became the permanent terminus.

'}
East Smithfield (Q5288837)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

East Smithfield is a road in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets in east London, part of the A1203 road. It was historically part of the parish of St Botolph without Aldgate.

'}
Dent-de-Leone (Q5259363)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Dent-de-Leone is a small independent publisher located in London, distinctive for its collaboration directly with artists and designers to produce its books. It was founded by Martino Gamper, Kajsa Ståhl and Maki Suzuki (both from design collective Åbäke) in 2004 with the publication of a book by Gamper. The publisher produces an irregular number of books per year, as well as limited editions and multiples. Dent-De-Leone has participated in numerous art book fairs including the Whitechapel Art Book Fair, Publish And Be Damned and the Motto art book fair. All of its publications are designed by Åbäke.\n

'}
Apollo Music Hall (Q4780332)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Apollo Music Hall, also known as the Red Cross Public House, was a building at 25 Hare Street, Bethnal Green. Built in 1854 at a cost of £3,000, it had a capacity of 600. It was licensed from 1854 until 1871. The music hall attracted young people that would "mimic popular comic songs, accompanied by a three-piece orchestra" during the week, and on Sundays the Salvation Army held church services that included gospel singing.

'}
1996 Docklands bombing (Q4591331)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The London Docklands bombing (also known as the South Quay bombing or erroneously referred to as the Canary Wharf bombing) occurred on 9 February 1996, when the Provisional Irish Republican Army (IRA) detonated a powerful truck bomb in South Quay (which is outside Canary Wharf). The blast killed two people and devastated a wide area, causing an estimated £150 million worth of damage. The IRA had sent warnings 90 minutes beforehand, but the area was not fully evacuated. As well as the two people who were killed, more than 100 were injured, some permanently.\n

'}
Fournier Street (Q4568591)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Fournier Street, formerly Church Street, is a street of 18th-century houses in Spitalfields in the East End of London. It is in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets and runs between Commercial Street and Brick Lane. The street is named after a man of Huguenot extraction, George Fournier.

'}
ATC Theatre (Q4654601)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Actors Touring Company (ATC) is a touring theatre company based in London, founded in 1978 by Artistic Director John Retallack. Previous Artistic Directors have included Mark Brickman, Ceri Sherlock, Nick Philippou, Gordon Anderson, Bijan Sheibani and Ramin Gray.

'}
Pigott Street (Q7193436)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Pigott Street is a road in Poplar, Tower Hamlets, London. The blocks of flats on it form part of the last phase of the building of the Lansbury Estate, and border the southern end of Burdett Road on the west.\n

'}
Narrow Street (Q6966305)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Narrow Street is a narrow road running parallel to the River Thames through the Limehouse area of east London, England. It used to be much narrower, and is the oldest part of Limehouse, with many buildings originating from the eighteenth century.

'}
North Greenwich (Q7055506)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

North Greenwich is a formal 19th century name for an area now in Millwall situated at the very southern tip of the Isle of Dogs, in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. It lies to the south of the commercial estates of West India Docks including Canary Wharf and has a short shoreline along London's Tideway part of the River Thames.\n

"}
Ratcliff Highway murders (Q7295511)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Ratcliff Highway murders (sometimes Ratcliffe Highway murders) were two attacks on two separate families – the Marr and Williamson families – that resulted in seven fatalities. The two attacks occurred twelve days apart in December 1811, in homes located half a mile apart near the London Docklands district of Wapping, London, England, United Kingdom. The main suspect in the slayings, John Williams, committed suicide before he could be put on trial.\n

'}
Siege of Sidney Street (Q815102)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Siege of Sidney Street of January 1911, also known as the Battle of Stepney, was a gunfight in the East End of London between a combined police and army force and two Latvian revolutionaries. The siege was the culmination of a series of events that began in December 1910, with an attempted jewellery robbery at Houndsditch in the City of London by a gang of Latvian immigrants which resulted in the murder of three policemen, the wounding of two others, and the death of George Gardstein, the leader of the Latvian gang.\n

'}
South Quay Estate (Q7568282)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

South Quay Estate is a mid-rise residential development of around 300 properties adjoining St Katharine Docks in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. The Estate was built by the Greater London Council as a form of social housing, with the first residents moving in between 1979 and 1981. South Quay Estate includes the Burr Close, Nightingale House, St Anthony's Close and St Katharines Way developments.\n

"}
Spratt's Complex (Q7580206)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

Spratt's Complex is a housing development in Poplar, London. The former pet food factory was converted into approximately 150 live-work units beginning in 1985. This was one of the first such warehouse conversions in London. The complex is on Morris Road, lining Limehouse Cut canal, and is situated between the DLR stations of Langdon Park and Devons Road.\n

"}
St John's Estate (Q7593588)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

St John's Estate is a housing scheme in Cubitt Town, on the Isle of Dogs in London. Centred on the triangle formed by Manchester Road, East Ferry Road and Glengall Grove, it was developed by Poplar Borough Council after the Second World War. It is served by Crossharbour DLR station to which it is adjacent.\n

"}
Boar's Head Theatre (Q887570)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

The Boar's Head Theatre was an inn-yard theatre in the Whitechapel area of London from 1598 to around 1616.\n

"}
Crown Jewels of the United Kingdom (Q918264)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Crown Jewels of the United Kingdom, originally the Crown Jewels of England, are 142 royal ceremonial objects kept in the Tower of London, which include the regalia and vestments worn at their coronations by British kings and queens.

'}
Prescot Street (Q60792793)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

Prescot Street is a street in Whitechapel in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets in east London. It runs between Goodman's Yard and Mansell Street in the west and Leman Street in the east. The area, including Ayliff Street, Leman Street and Mansell Street as well as Prescot Street, was built up in the seventeenth century as part of the development of Goodman's Fields by Sir William Leman. Prescot was the maiden name of Leman's mother Rebecca.

"}
Leman Street (Q42291397)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

Leman Street, once known as Lemon Street, is a street in Tower Hamlets. It was built in the seventeenth century as part of the development of Goodman's Fields. It is named after John Leman who was responsible for this development, which also included Ayliff Street, Mansell Street, and Prescot Street.

"}
SB Adieu (Q54817854)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Adieu is one of seven Thames barges built between 1925 and 1930 for F W Horlock, Mistley.\n

'}
SB Ardwina (Q55098893)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Ardwina is last wooden Thames barge to be built in Ipswich. This was in 1909. She was registered in London. She worked commercially until 1956. She was laid up after a collision, and restored as a yacht conversion. She is still sailing in 2018, based at St Katherine Docks, and regularly passes under Tower Bridge.

'}
East India Dock Road (Q63928183)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

East India Dock Road is a major arterial route from Limehouse to Canning Town in London. The road takes its name from the former East India Docks in the Port of London, and partly serves as the high street of Poplar. To the west it becomes Commercial Road and to the east Newham Way. It forms part of the A13, a major road connecting the historic City of London to Tilbury and Southend.\n

'}
Baptist College, Stepney (Q38251811)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

The Baptist College, Stepney, was opened in Stepney in the East End of London in 1810 by the Particular Baptists. Its buildings included rooms for tutors and students, a refectory, a library and a chapel. The college relocated to larger premises at Holford House in 1856 and became Regent's Park College.

"}
Alie Street (Q28970241)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Alie Street is a street located in Aldgate, East London. It links Mansell Street with Commercial Road.\n

'}
Mansell Street (Q29378682)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Mansell Street is a street in East London, which is part of the London Inner Ring Road. For most of its length from the north, this street marks the boundary between the City of London and the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. However. the southernmost part is entirely in Tower Hamlets.\n

'}
Lincoln Plaza (Q28458132)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Lincoln Plaza is a 31-storey luxury housing development situated on Millharbour on the Isle of Dogs, part of the Docklands area of London, England and located near South Quay DLR station. Lincoln Plaza is one of several new high-rise residential developments that have been constructed on the Isle of Dogs in recent years. Designed by BUJ Architects for Galliard Homes, it features two residential towers, and also includes a hotel. The hotel opened in 2018 and will operate under the Curio brand by Hilton.

'}
Duke of Wellington (Q28405609)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Duke of Wellington is a former pub at 52 Cyprus Street, Bethnal Green, London E2.\n

'}
Stepney City Farm (Q7611049)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Stepney City Farm is a city farm in Stepney, London, England. It is situated on Stepney Way with its entrance on the roundabout leading onto Stepney High Street and Belgrave Street towards Limehouse. The land is owned by Tower Hamlets Council through a trust, "The King George\'s Fields Trust" chaired by the Mayor of Tower Hamlets.

'}
Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant (Q7709878)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant was a parade on 3 June 2012 of 670 boats on the Tideway of the River Thames in London as part of the celebrations of the Diamond Jubilee of Elizabeth II. The Queen, Prince Philip and other members of the Royal Family were aboard vessels that took part in the parade. The parade was organised by the Thames Diamond Jubilee Foundation, and funded by private donations and sponsorship. The pageant master was Adrian Evans.

'}
The Big Breakfast (Q7717547)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Big Breakfast is a British light entertainment television programme which was broadcast on Channel 4 and S4C each weekday morning from 28 September 1992 until 29 March 2002, during which period 2,482 shows were produced. The Big Breakfast was produced by Planet 24, the production company co-owned by former Boomtown Rats singer and Band Aid/Live Aid organiser Bob Geldof.\n

'}
Wapping Wall (Q7968291)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Wapping Wall is a street located in the East End of London at Wapping. It runs parallel to the northern bank of the River Thames, with many converted warehouses facing the river.\n

'}
The Highway (Q7739663)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Highway, formerly known as the Ratcliffe Highway, is a road in the East End of London. The route dates back to Roman times. In the 19th century it had a reputation for vice and crime and was the location of the Ratcliff Highway murders. The name "Ratcliffe" literally means "red cliff", referring to the red sandstone cliffs which descended from the plateau on which the road was situated down to the Wapping Marshes to the south.\n

'}
Stepney Causeway (Q7611048)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Stepney Causeway is a street in Stepney, in the East End of London. It runs north-south between the A13 road (Commercial Road) and the B126 Cable Street. It is crossed by a railway bridge carrying the Docklands Light Railway and c2c line out of Fenchurch Street railway station. The street is particularly associated with Thomas John Barnardo, who opened his first shelter for homeless children at No 18.\n

'}
West India Quay (Q7985439)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

West India Quay is a district in the Docklands, London, England. It is immediately to the north of the West India Docks and Canary Wharf. The warehouse at West India Quay was used to store imported goods from the West Indies, such as tea, sugar and rum, and is now a Grade 1 listed building.

'}
Tollet Street (Q15030896)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Tollet Street is a small road in Stepney, East London, England. It was the home of George Lusk, leader of the Whitechapel Vigilance Committee.\n

'}
Whitechapel Road (Q7995787)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

\n\n\n\n

'}
Wood Wharf (Q8032285)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Wood Wharf is a 23 acre site in Canary Wharf, London. It is currently under construction to provide offices, residential homes and retail space. The site is next to Canary Wharf. Wood Wharf will contain 5 million square feet of space, which will include 2 million sq ft of office space, 3,330 residential homes, 3.6 hectares (8.9 acres) of public spaces, and 380,000 sq ft of shops, restaurants and space for community use. It is estimated to be completed in 2023.

'}
Bow Road (Q15030891)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Bow Road is a thoroughfare in Bow, London, England. The road forms part of the A11, running from Aldgate to Norwich in Norfolk. To the west the road becomes Mile End Road, and to the east is Bow Interchange on the A12.\n

'}
Island History Trust (Q15059613)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Island History Trust was a local history institution based on the Isle of Dogs in east London, England. The Trust was created by local people, who started to collect photographs in 1981. At that time the docks and nearly all the local factories had closed, and the transformation of the Island by Canary Wharf and other developments had not begun. Some locals felt a loss of identity as their established way of life had ended and they wished to record and preserve their local history.\n

'}
J & W Dudgeon (Q15229083)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

J & W Dudgeon was a Victorian shipbuilding and engineering company based in Cubitt Town, London, founded by John and William Dudgeon.\n

'}
Muslim Community Radio (Q15260406)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

Muslim Community Radio (MCR) was a radio station based in London, United Kingdom founded in 1998. The station used to run through FM radio, at 87.7 FM (formerly 1143AM, 87.8 FM & 101.4 FM prior to that), and only broadcast annually during the holy month of Ramadan. The slogan of the radio station is 'Ramadan Special'.

"}
Heron Quays (Q15223735)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Heron Quays forms part of the Canary Wharf area the Docklands, east London. It has a Docklands Light Railway station, which was moved south after the development was expanded.

'}
Stepney Meeting House (Q16854210)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Stepney Meeting House was an independent church in Stepney, East London. It was founded in 1644 by Henry Barton and his wife, William Parker, John Odinsell, William Greenhill, and John Pococke, in the presence of Henry Burton, vicar at St Matthew Friday Street.\n

'}
Mission of Somaliland, London (Q16997928)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

The Mission of Somaliland in Whitechapel, London is the diplomatic mission of Republic of Somaliland in the United Kingdom. The mission was established in 1991, shortly after Somaliland's unilateral declaration of independence from Somalia.

"}
The Marque Cambridge (Q17512794)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

\nThe Marque is the tallest residential development in Cambridge, England. The building is nine storeys high and comprises 92 apartments\n.\nThe three floor penthouse is the highest residence in the city and is 2697 square feet. It was priced at £1.3m, sold to a Chinese investor who immediately sold it on to a British buyer.

'}
Wycliffe Chapel (Q16903779)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

The Wycliffe Chapel was a Congregational Chapel at 44 Philpot Street, London. It came there from Cannon Street Road and traced its roots to one of the early Independent congregations which met from 1642 at Haydon's Yard, Minories, and then in Smithfield.\n

"}
Hertsmere House (Q24298842)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Spire London, previously known as Hertsmere House, is a construction project located in West India Quay, near Canary Wharf. Developed by Greenland Group and designed by HOK, construction on the tallest building of 67 stories commenced in 2016, and (at that time) was targeted for completion in 2020.

'}
UCL School of Management (Q20876413)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The UCL School of Management is the business school of University College London (UCL) and is located in Canary Wharf and Bloomsbury, London. The school offers undergraduate, postgraduate, executive and PhD programmes in management with a focus on innovation, technology, analytics and entrepreneurship.

'}
Dorset Estate (Q23304805)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Dorset Estate is a post-war Modernist housing estate in Bethnal Green, London.\n

'}
The Goodsyard (Q23891257)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Goodsyard is a proposed development on the site of the former Bishopsgate Goods Yard in Shoreditch, London. It spans the border between the two London boroughs of Hackney and Tower Hamlets. The scheme, which is a joint venture between developers Hammerson and Ballymore, previously included 12 buildings, the tallest of which was planned to be 166-metre (545\xa0ft) tall with 46 floors. In total, 1,356 homes were proposed, as well as offices, retail and workshop space and a 0.97-hectare (2.4-acre) park.\n

'}
Alpha Square (Q24039419)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Consort Place, formerly known as Alpha Square, is a mixed-use development approved for the Isle of Dogs, London, just south of the financial district Canary Wharf.\n

'}
London Internet Exchange (Q2319971)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The London Internet Exchange ("LINX") is a mutually governed Internet exchange point (IXP) that provides peering services and public policy representation to over 820 Internet service providers (ISPs) and other network operators (over 870 different ASNs). LINX operates IXPs in London, Manchester, Edinburgh, Cardiff in the UK, and Northern Virginia in the USA.

'}
SS Robin (Q2159691)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

SS Robin is a 350 gross registered ton (GRT) steam coaster, a class of steamship designed for carrying bulk and general cargoes in coastal waters, and the oldest complete example in the world. One of a pair of coasters built in Bow Creek, London in 1890, the ship was built for British owners, but spent most of her long working life on the Spanish coast as Maria.\n

'}
Hales Gallery (Q5641497)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

Hales Gallery is a contemporary art gallery owned by Paul Hedge and Paul Maslin. Hales Gallery opened in 1992 in Deptford, South London, before moving to the Tea Building, in Shoreditch, London's East End in 2004 and later opening a second space in Chelsea, New York in 2018. \n

"}
West India Dock Road (Q65939184)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

West India Dock Road is a road in Limehouse in London's East End. It connects Commercial Road with the entrance to the West India Docks.\n

"}