Kreuzberg

Kreuzberg, Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg, Berlin, Germany
category: boundary — type: administrative — OSM: relation 55765

Items with no match found in OSM

184 items

Berlin Dresdner Bahnhof (Q821282)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Dresdner Bahnhof was a short-lived passenger railway terminus in Berlin, Germany, operating from 1875 to 1882 and handling train services to and from Dresden over the Berlin–Dresden railway.\n

'}
Friede sei mit Dir (Q177647)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The relief sculpture Friede sei mit Dir (German: [ˈfʁiːdə ˈzaɪ mɪt ˈdiːɐ̯]), also known as the cock of Berlin is an artwork by sculptor Peter Lenk. It is located in Berlin at the building of the editorial staff of German newspaper taz.\n

'}
Hallesches Tor (Q877036)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

The Hallesches Tor was located in today's Berlin district Kreuzberg south of Mehringplatz. Today, as a historic monument listed underground station on the site of the former gate bears the name Hallesches Tor. It is a major transfer point for the underground lines / (here as Hochbahn) and as well as the bus lines 248 (Berlin Ostbahnhof - Breitenbachplatz via Südkreuz) and M41 (Hauptbahnhof via Potsdamer Platz - Baumschulenstraße). The station is connected by the Hallesche-Tor-Brücke with the Blücherplatz to the south. The Amerika-Gedenkbibliothek and the nearby Jewish Museum contribute to the heavy visitor traffic in the area around the Hallesches Tor.\n

"}
Path of Visionaries (Q874403)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Path of Visionaries (German: Pfad der Visionäre) is a city art project under construction in Berlin, Germany. Located on the southern end of Friedrichstraße in Kreuzberg plaques are embedded in the sidewalks.

'}
Hotel Excelsior (Q321287)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

Hotel Excelsior occupied number 112/113, Königgrätzer Straße (today's Stresemannstrasse) on Askanischer Platz in the Berlin district of Kreuzberg. It was once one of the largest and most luxurious hotels in Europe but its destruction during World War II resigned it to the German capital's list of lost historical landmarks.\n

"}
Friedrich-Wilhelms-Gymnasium (Q1457922)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Friedrich Wilhelm Gymnasium (or Friedrich-Wilhelms-Gymnasium) was a secondary school (gymnasium) in Berlin that existed from 1797 until the end of the Second World War.\n

'}
Ufo (Q1573894)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

The Ufo (lit. UFO) was the first acid house club in Berlin. It was the pioneer place for the techno scene during the reunification. Club's residents and guests DJs included, among others, to Tanith, Jonzon, Rok, Dr. Motte, Mike van Dijk and the then 13-year-old Kid Paul.

"}
Jerusalem Church (Q502315)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Jerusalem Church (German: Jerusalemskirche, Jerusalemkirche or Jerusalemer Kirche) is one of the churches of the Evangelical Congregation in the Friedrichstadt (under this name since 2001), a member of the Protestant umbrella organisation Evangelical Church of Berlin-Brandenburg-Silesian Upper Lusatia. The present church building is located in Berlin, borough Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg, in the quarter of Friedrichstadt. Jerusalem Church is fourth in rank of the oldest oratories in the town proper (except of suburbs incorporated in 1920, which are partly older).\n

'}
Berlin Görlitzer Bahnhof (Q514151)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Görlitzer Bahnhof was the name of the Berlin railway terminus for the mainline link between the capital, Cottbus in Brandenburg and Görlitz in Lower Silesia (since 1945 Saxony). It stood overlooking Spreewaldplatz in the Outer Luisenstadt, the eastern part of Kreuzberg but wartime bombing and Cold War tensions led to its closure and eventual demolition.\n

'}
Wassertorplatz (Q1272122)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Wassertorplatz is a neighbourhood in Berlin, Germany.

'}
Meistersaal (Q1372342)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Meistersaal is an historic concert hall in Berlin, Germany. Built in 1910 as a chamber music concert hall, the building today enjoys protected building status. It is located in Berlin-Mitte near Potsdamer Platz. Its major claim to fame stems from the times when it was Studio 2 of Hansa Tonstudio. Since the 1990s, the Meistersaal has found use as a location for all manner of events.\n

'}
Dada-Review (Q22570016)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Dada - Review (German: Dada-Rundschau) is a photomontage created by the German artist Hannah Höch in 1919.

'}
Carl Lindström A.G. (Q51715681)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Carl Lindström A.G. was a global record company founded in 1893 and based in Berlin, Germany. Founded by Carl Lindström (1869–1932), a Swedish inventor living in Berlin, it originally produced phonographs or gramophones with the brand names "Parlograph" and "Parlophon" and eventually began producing records as well. It became the holding company for Odeon Records, Parlophone Records (originally "Parlophon"), Beka Records, Okeh Records, Fonotipia Records, Lyrophon, Homophon, and other labels. Lindström sold the company to Max Straus (Odeon co-founder), but Lindström remained with the company as an engineer and inventor.\n

'}
Bundesdruckerei (Q317215)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Bundesdruckerei ("Federal Printer") is a German manufacturer of banknotes, stamps, identity cards, passports, visas, driving licences, and vehicle registration certificates.\n

'}
Deutsche Grammophon (Q168407)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Deutsche Grammophon (DGG) is a German classical music record label that was the precursor of the corporation PolyGram. Headquartered in Berlin Friedrichshain, it is now part of Universal Music Group (UMG) since its merger with the UMG family of labels in 1999. It is the oldest surviving established record company.

'}
German Agricultural Society (Q316331)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The German Agricultural Society (Deutsche Landwirtschafts-Gesellschaft), commonly known as DLG, is an international non-profit organisation for agricultural industry in Germany. DLG was founded in 1885 by Max Eyth, has over 23,000 members as of 2011 and is headquartered in Frankfurt am Main. Its main purpose is to promote technical progress and scientific advances in the food and agricultural industry, including setting standards.

'}
Die Tageszeitung (Q161423)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Die Tageszeitung (German: [diː ˈtaːɡəsˌtsaɪtʊŋ], “The Daily Newspaper”), stylized as die tageszeitung and commonly referred to as taz, is a cooperative-owned German daily newspaper administrated by its employees. Founded in 1978 in Berlin as part of an independent, progressive and politically left-leaning movement, it has focused on current politics, social issues such as inequality, ecological crises both local and international, and other topics not covered by the more traditional and conservative newspapers. It mostly supports the German Green Party, but Die Tageszeitung has also been critical of the SPD/Greens coalition government (1998–2005).\n

'}
Bombardier Transportation (Q688893)
{'lang': , 'extract': "

Bombardier Transportation is the rail equipment division of the Canadian multinational firm Bombardier Inc.. Bombardier Transportation is one of the world's largest companies in the rail vehicle and equipment manufacturing and servicing industry. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany. There are many regional offices, production and development facilities worldwide.

"}
Hebbel am Ufer (Q1592694)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

The Hebbel am Ufer (HAU) is a theater and international performance center based in Berlin, Germany. It was founded fusioning 3 theaters in Kreuzberg, Berlin: Hebbel Theater (now called HAU1), Theater am Halleschen Ufer (theater at Hallesches Ufer) (now called HAU2) and Theater am Ufer (now called HAU3).\n

'}
Sicherheitsdienst (Q153559)
{'lang': , 'extract': '

Sicherheitsdienst (German: [ˈzɪçɐhaɪtsˌdiːnst], Security Service), full title Sicherheitsdienst des Reichsführers-SS (Security Service of the Reichsführer-SS), or SD, was the intelligence agency of the SS and the Nazi Party in Nazi Germany. Originating in 1931, the organization was the first Nazi intelligence organization to be established and was considered a sister organization with the Gestapo (formed in 1933) through integration of SS members and operational procedures. Between 1933 and 1939, the SD was administered as an independent SS office, after which it was transferred to the authority of the Reich Main Security Office (Reichssicherheitshauptamt; RSHA), as one of its seven departments/offices. Its first director, Reinhard Heydrich, intended for the SD to bring every single individual within the Third Reich\'s reach under "continuous supervision".

'}