The Glaspalast (Glass Palace) was a glass and iron exhibition building located in the Old botanical garden - Munich in Munich modeled after The Crystal Palace in London. The Glaspalast opened for the Erste Allgemeine Deutsche Industrieausstellung (First General German Industrial Exhibition) on July 15, 1854.
Löwenbräukeller is located in Maxvorstadt, Munich, Bavaria, Germany.
Maxvorstadt is a central borough of Munich, Bavaria, Germany and forms the Stadtbezirk 3 Maxvorstadt. Since 1992, this borough comprises the former boroughs 5, 6 and 7 (Maxvorstadt-Universität, Maxvorstadt-Königsplatz-Marsfeld and Maxvorstadt-Josephsplatz).
The Ludwigstraße in Munich is one of the city's four royal avenues next to the Brienner Straße, the Maximilianstraße and the Prinzregentenstraße. Principal was King Ludwig I of Bavaria, the avenue is named in his honour. The city's grandest boulevard with its public buildings still maintains its architectural uniformity envisioned as a grand street "worthy the kingdom" as requested by the king. The Ludwigstraße has served also for state parades and funeral processions.
Marsfeld is located in Maxvorstadt, Munich, Bavaria, Germany. It is a former military area and the site of the first railway station of the city.
Memorial for Franz Xaver Gabelsberger is a monument located in Maxvorstadt, Munich, Bavaria, Germany. The monument is a bronze sculpture by the German sculptor Syrius Eberle. It was dedicated shortly after the hundredth anniversary of the birth of Franz Xaver Gabelsberger (1789-1849), the inventor of a cursive shorthand system. Casting was by Ferdinand von Miller.
The Café Stefanie was a coffeehouse in Munich which around the 1900s till the 1920s was the leading artist's meeting place in the city, similar to the Café Größenwahn atmosphere of the Café des Westens in Berlin and the Café Griensteidl in Vienna. The cafe was located on the corner of Amalienstraße and Theresienstraße in the Maxvorstadt not far from the Simplicissimus cabaret and de:Die Elf Scharfrichter. At the time it was one of the few establishments in Munich which stayed open till 3:00 in the morning.
The Bernheimer-Haus, also known as the Bernheimer Palace, is a residential and commercial building located on Lenbachplatz 3 in Munich. The building was built in 1888/89 by architect Friedrich von Thiersch with a neo-baroque style façade designed by his apprentice Martin Dülfer, making the building one of the first of its kind and later the most influential for all other buildings of its type in Munich. The building is protected as cultural heritage.
Corps Palatia is a fencing fraternity belonging to the Kösener Senioren-Convents-Verband, the oldest association of German and Austrian student corporations. It unites students of Munich's universities, most notably Ludwig-Maximilian University of Munich and the Technical University of Munich. Palatia's members are known as Pfälzer, which is derived from the Bavarian region of Upper Palatinate (“Oberpfalz” in German).
The neoclassical Brienner Straße in Munich is one of four royal avenues next to the Ludwigstraße, the Maximilianstraße and the Prinzregentenstraße. The boulevard was constructed from 1812 onwards, during the reigns of Maximilian I Joseph of Bavaria and his successor Ludwig I, in accordance with a plan by Karl von Fischer and Friedrich Ludwig von Sckell. The avenue is named after the Battle of Brienne.
Königliche Erzgießerei in München is located in Maxvorstadt, Munich, Bavaria, Germany.
The Dachauer Straße is the longest street in Munich with a length of 11.2 km and is received its named since it is the connecting road to Dachau Palace. In the north of Munich, it is part of the Bundesstraße 304.
Doerner Institute was founded in 1937 Munich as a State Testing and Research Institute for Colour Technology (in German Staatliche Prüf- und Forschungsanstalt für Farbentechnik).
The Justizpalast Munich (Palace of Justice) are two courthouses and administrative buildings in Munich.
Institut français is located in Maxvorstadt, Munich, Bavaria, Germany.
Architekturmuseum der Technischen Universität München is a architectural history research museum belonging to the Technical University of Munich in Munich, Bavaria, Germany. It is by far the largest collection of architectural exhibits in Germany. The main exhibition rooms of the museum are located in the same building as the Pinakothek der Moderne, with an additional branch office, called the Architekturmuseum Schwaben (Architecture Museum of Swabia), located in Augsburg.
Augustiner-Bräu is a brewery in Munich, Germany. Established in 1328, it is Munich's oldest independent brewery. The company is owned by the Edith Haberland Wagner Trust 51% and the Inselkammer-Family 49%.
Die Neue Sammlung is one of the leading design museums in the world, with the largest collection of industrial and product design. Established around 100 years ago, Die Neue Sammlung is considered the world’s oldest design museum – regarded as such long before the word design acquired this meaning. Since then, Die Neue Sammlung has been making design history with its international acquisitions and stimulating exhibitions.
Circus Krone, based in Munich, is one of the largest circuses in Europe and one of the few in Western Europe (along with Cirque d'hiver de Paris, Cirque d'hiver d'Amiens and Cirque Royal in Brussels) to also occupy a building.
The Kunstareal (German: [ˈkʊnst.aʁeˌaːl], "art district") is a museum quarter in the city centre of Munich, Germany.
Akademiegalerie is located in Maxvorstadt, Munich, Bavaria, Germany.
The U.S. Consulate General in Munich represents the interests of the United States government in Bavaria, Germany. The Consulate provides services to Americans in Bavaria and focuses on strengthening and broadening the full range of Bavarian-American relations. Headed by the Consul General, the Consulate includes sections devoted to US Foreign Commercial Services; Political, Economic and Environmental Affairs; Public Affairs; Consular Services (providing services to American citizens living in Bavaria as well as Non-Immigrant Visa services); and Administrative Affairs.
The Ministry of War (German: Kriegsministerium) was a ministry for military affairs of the Kingdom of Bavaria, founded as Ministerium des Kriegswesens on October 1, 1808 by King Maximilian I Joseph of Bavaria. It was located on the Ludwigstraße in Munich. Today the building, which was built by Leo von Klenze between 1824 and 1830, houses the Bavarian public record office, Bayerisches Hauptstaatsarchiv und Staatsarchiv München.
The Richard-Wagner-Straße is a street in the Bavarian state capital Munich. It is named after the composer Richard Wagner (1813-1883), who lived in the vicinity of Brienner Straße 37 in 1864-65.
Rundfunkplatz is located in Maxvorstadt, Munich, Bavaria, Germany.
Bennosäule is a stone pillar and bronze statue located in Maxvorstadt, Munich, Bavaria, Germany. It was created by German Bestelmeyer and George Albert Hofer, cast by Ferdinand von Miller, and erected in 1910.
The Adalbertstraße is a street in the Maxvorstadt, the district 3 of the Bavarian capital Munich. The street, which had been paved in 1825, was named in 1829 after Prince Adalbert of Bavaria (1828-1875), the fourth son of Ludwig I of Bavaria. Previously the Adalbertstraße had been called Letzte Straße ("Last Street"), since it formed the northern end of Maxvorstadt.
Max-Planck-Institut für Sozialrecht und Sozialpolitik, or the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy, is a research facility located in Maxvorstadt, Munich, Bavaria, Germany.
The Königinstraße is a street in Munich. It runs west of the Englischer Garten from the Von-der-Tann-Straße in the district of Maxvorstadt, to the north and to the Maria-Josepha-Straße and Mandlstraße in the Ensemble Alt-Schwabing.
The Bavarian School of Public Policy (German: Hochschule für Politik München) - sometimes also translated as: Munich School of Political Science - is an independent institution within the Technical University of Munich. The Bavarian School of Public Policy is a unique institution, focusing on future-oriented, transdisciplinary, and applied research and teaching. In cooperation with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), the Bavarian School of Public Policy is dedicated to educating the next generation of political scientists. Technological progress in areas like energy, the environment, climate change, big data, data security, and mobility is having an increasingly important impact on the society. To keep up with tomorrow’s key technologies, the course program at HfP provides an opportunity for students to combine the traditional content of a political science degree with technology modules run by diverse TUM departments.
The Schellingstraße is a 1.9 km long street in the Maxvorstadt in Munich.
Kunstsammlung des Herzoglichen Georgianums is located in Maxvorstadt, Munich, Bavaria, Germany.
The Zentralinstitut für Kunstgeschichte (ZI; engl. Central Institute for Art History), is an independent art-historical research institute in Germany. The institute resides in the former administration building of the National Socialist party near Königsplatz in Munich.
The Monumenta Germaniae Historica (frequently abbreviated MGH in bibliographies and lists of sources) is a comprehensive series of carefully edited and published primary sources, both chronicle and archival, for the study of Northwestern and Central European history from the end of the Roman Empire to 1500. Despite the name, the series covers important sources for the history of many countries besides Germany, since the Society for the Publication of Sources on Germanic Affairs of the Middle Ages has included documents from many other areas subjected to the influence of Germanic tribes or rulers (Britain, Czech lands, Poland, Austria, France, Low Countries, Italy, Spain, etc.). The editor from 1826 until 1874 was Georg Heinrich Pertz (1795–1876); in 1875 he was succeeded by Georg Waitz (1813-1886) .
The Türkenstraße is an inner city street in Munich's district Maxvorstadt. It is named after the Türkengraben (Turkish moat) to which it ran. In the list of historical monuments in Munich, more than 30 objects are listed in the Türkenstraße.
Schauspiel München is located in Maxvorstadt, Munich, Bavaria, Germany.
St. Benno is located in Maxvorstadt, Munich, Bavaria, Germany. The large church with two spires was built from 1888 to 1895 under design by Leonhard Romeis in the Romanesque Revival style. The St. Benno Church is one of the most convincing neo-Romanesque sacred buildings of the 19th century, next to the parish church of St. Anna in Lehel.
The SS Court Main Office (German: Hauptamt SS-Gericht) - one of the 12 SS main departments - was the legal department of the SS in Nazi Germany. It was responsible for formulating the laws and codes for the SS and various other groups of the police, conducting investigations and trials, as well as administering the SS and Police Courts and penal systems.
Wohnheimsiedlung Maßmannplatz is located in Maxvorstadt, Munich, Bavaria, Germany.
The Bavarian War College, also Bavarian Staff College (Ge: Bayerische Kriegsakademie) was the highest military facility to educate, instruct, train, and develop general staff officers.
The Honor Temples (German: Ehrentempel) were two structures in Munich, erected by the Nazis in 1935, housing the sarcophagi of the sixteen members of the party who had been killed in the failed Beer hall putsch (the Blutzeugen, "blood witnesses"). On 9 January 1947 the main architectural features of the temples were destroyed by the U.S. Army as part of denazification.
The Türkenkaserne (or Neue Infanteriekaserne am Türkengraben und Prinz-Arnulf-Kaserne) was a Bavarian Army barracks in the Maxvorstadt district of the German city of Munich.
The Wittelsbacher Palais was located in Munich at the northeast corner of the Brienner Strasse and theTürkenstraße. Today, a building of the BayernLB is located at the site of the palace. A copy of one of two stone lions at the entrance area is the only keepsake of the palace.
Geschwister-Scholl-Platz (Scholl Siblings Plaza) is a short semi-circular plaza located in front of the main building of the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München), located on the Ludwigstraße in Munich, Germany. The plaza is named in memory of Sophie Scholl and her brother, Hans Scholl, students at Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich during World War II who were among the founding members of the White Rose (Weiße Rose) resistance movement. They were the Geschwister Scholl (Scholl Siblings).
Kleines Spiel is a theatre in Munich, Bavaria, Germany.
Kaim-Saal was located in Maxvorstadt, Munich, Bavaria, Germany.
St.-Benno-Viertel is located in Maxvorstadt, Munich, Bavaria, Germany.
Wohnhaus Reinemann is located in Maxvorstadt, Munich, Bavaria, Germany.
The Bavarian School of Public Policy (German: Hochschule für Politik München) - is an independent institution within the Technical University of Munich. The Bavarian School of Public Policy is a unique institution, focusing on future-oriented, transdisciplinary, and applied research and teaching. In cooperation with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), the Bavarian School of Public Policy is dedicated to educating the next generation of political scientists. Technological progress in areas like energy, the environment, climate change, big data, data security, and mobility is having an increasingly important impact on the society. To keep up with tomorrow’s key technologies, the course program at HfP provides an opportunity for students to combine the traditional content of a political science degree with technology modules run by diverse TUM departments.
SiemensForum München is located in Munich, Bavaria, Germany. It was built in 1998 by Richard Meier. The building with 43.000 m² floor space is part of the block between Finken Str., Kardinal Doepfner Str. and Oskar-von-Miller Ring, which houses the Siemens headquarters, with the Palais Ludwig Ferdinand as seat of the management board and the supervisory board. The Palais, built in 1825, and the new wings mainly from the 1950s, underwent thorough renovation until 2016.
Geologisches Museum München is located in Maxvorstadt, Munich, Bavaria, Germany.
Harmlos is located in Maxvorstadt, Munich, Bavaria, Germany.
BayernLB or Bayerische Landesbank (Bavarian State Bank) is a publicly regulated bank based in Munich, Germany and one of the eight Landesbanken. It is 94% owned by the free state of Bavaria (indirectly via BayernLB Holding AG) and 6% owned by the Sparkassenverband Bayern, the umbrella organization of Bavarian Sparkassen. With a balance of €416 billion and 19,200 employees (in the group; 5,170 in the bank itself), it is the eighth-largest financial institution in Germany.
The Arri Group is a global supplier of motion picture film equipment. Based in Munich, the company was founded in 1917. It produces professional motion picture cameras, lenses, lighting and postproduction equipment. Hermann Simon mentioned this company in his book Hidden Champions of the 21st Century as an example of a Hidden Champion. The Arri Alexa camera system was used to film Academy Award winners for Best Cinematography including Hugo, Life of Pi, Gravity, Birdman and The Revenant.
The Sturmabteilung (SA; German pronunciation: [ˈʃtʊɐ̯mʔapˌtaɪlʊŋ] (listen)), literally Storm Detachment, was the Nazi Party's original paramilitary. It played a significant role in Adolf Hitler's rise to power in the 1920s and 1930s. Its primary purposes were providing protection for Nazi rallies and assemblies, disrupting the meetings of opposing parties, fighting against the paramilitary units of the opposing parties, especially the Red Front Fighters League (Rotfrontkämpferbund) of the Communist Party of Germany (KPD), and intimidating Romanis, trade unionists, and, especially, Jews – for instance, during the Nazi boycott of Jewish businesses.
The Börse München is a stock exchange based in Munich, Germany. Founded in 1830, it currently lists over 6300 securities.
Spaten-Franziskaner-Bräu GmbH is a brewery in Munich, Bavaria, Germany. It is owned by the Spaten-Löwenbräu-Gruppe, which is part of the Belgo-Brazilian company Anheuser-Busch InBev. Its products are beers of the brands Spaten and Franziskaner.
SportA is the sports rights agency of Germany's two main public TV stations, ARD and ZDF. It is located in Maxvorstadt, Munich, Bavaria, Germany.
Fidor Bank is a German online bank, founded in 2009. In 2015, it started a market foray into the UK.