Not to be confused with Bishop Gorman High School in Nevada.
The Tyler City Hall at 212 N. Bonner Ave. in Tyler, Texas was built in 1938. It was designed by architect T. Shirley Simons, Sr.. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2007. The listing included one contributing building and one contributing site on 1.3 acres (0.53 ha).
NRHP reference number: 07000129
St. James Colored Methodist Episcopal Church (St. James C.M.E. Church; St. James Christian Methodist Episcopal Church) is a historic church at 408 N. Border Avenue in Tyler, Texas, United States. It was built in 1920 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2004.
NRHP reference number: 04000887
The St. John's A.F. & A.M. Lodge, also known as Tyler Masonic Lodge, refers to a Masonic Lodge in Tyler, Texas and also to its historic building, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
NRHP reference number: 05001403
Marvin Methodist Episcopal Church, South (Marvin United Methodist Church; Marvin Church) is a historic church at 300 W. Erwin Street in Tyler, Texas.
NRHP reference number: 00001385
Liberty Hall is a downtown theater operated by the city of Tyler, Texas, in conjunction with the East Texas Symphony Orchestra. The venue offers live music, comedy and revivals of classic films for the East Texas region. It was refurbished in 2011, and began shows in September, 2011. The theatre seats approximately 300 people.
The Carnegie Library and History Center museum is located at 125 S. College Street in the city of Tyler, Smith County, Texas, U.S. It was built in 1904 as the Carnegie Public Library, and added to the National Register of Historic Places listings in Smith County, Texas in 1979. When Tyler built a new public library, the Carnegie building was leased to the Smith County Historical Society and operated as a museum under the name the Carnegie History Center.
Mike Carter Field is a stadium in Tyler, Texas. It is primarily used for baseball and was the home of Tyler Wildcatters. The ballpark has a capacity of 4,000 people and opened in 1941. The field is the home of the Tyler Junior College Apaches baseball team.
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Tyler (Latin: Dioecesis Tylerensis) is a Roman Catholic diocese in Texas. The episcopal see is Tyler, and the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in Tyler is its mother church. The Diocese of Tyler is a suffragan diocese of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston.
KYZS (1490 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a Sports radio format. Licensed to Tyler, Texas, United States. The station is currently owned by Gleiser Communications, LLC and features programming from ESPN Radio.
The Tyler U.S. Post Office and Courthouse, in Tyler, Texas, also known as Tyler Federal Building, was built during 1933-1934. It is a restrained Classical Revival architecture building. It served historically as a courthouse, as a post office, and as a government office building. The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2001.
NRHP reference number: 01000433
The Blackstone Building in Tyler, Texas is an Art Deco building built in 1938. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2002. Fort Worth architect Preston M. Geren designed the six-story building, which is one of only two Art Deco-style office buildings in the Tyler area. The project was financed by Tyler businessman Edmond P. McKenna and intended to ease the need for office space during the East Texas oil boom. The building housed offices for oil companies, geologists, attorneys, engineers, and more. In addition, the Blackstone was a location for the Union Bus Terminal from 1938 to the 1950s. The Blackstone Hotel next door was imploded in 1985 but the Blackstone Building still stands. It is being used as office space and houses the Tyler Chamber of Commerce.
NRHP reference number: 02000645
The Cotton Belt Depot Museum is located at 210 East Oakwood Street, in the city of Tyler, county of Smith in the U.S. state of Texas.
website: http://www.cityoftyler.org/TylerTransit/CottonBeltDepotMuseum/tabid/623/Default.aspx; NRHP reference number: 01000873