Old Sarum is the site of the earliest settlement of Salisbury in England. Located on a hill about 2 miles (3 km) north of modern Salisbury near the A345 road, the settlement appears in some of the earliest records in the country. It is an English Heritage property and is open to the public.
Old Sarum Cathedral was a Roman Catholic and Norman cathedral at old Salisbury, now known as Old Sarum, between 1092 and 1220. Only its foundations remain, in the northwest quadrant of the circular outer bailey of the site, which is located near modern Salisbury, Wiltshire, in the United Kingdom. The cathedral was the seat of the bishops of Salisbury during the early Norman period and the original source of the Sarum Rite.
Bishop Wordsworth's School is a Church of England boys' grammar school in Salisbury, Wiltshire for boys aged 11 to 18. The school is regularly amongst the top-performing schools in England, and in 2010 was the school with the best results in the English Baccalaureate. It was granted academy status in March 2011 and is an Additional Member of the Headmasters' and Headmistresses' Conference. It is located on the grounds of Salisbury Cathedral, adjacent to the Cathedral School. It has five houses, Poore, Osmund, Jewell, Martival and Ward.
Sarum Academy (formerly Salisbury High School) is a Church of England secondary school with academy status located in Salisbury, South Wiltshire, England. The school is situated in a position on the west side of Salisbury, on Bemerton Heath.
Stratford-sub-Castle in Wiltshire, England was anciently a separate village and civil parish but since 1954 has been a northern suburb of the city of Salisbury. At approximately 170 ft above sea level, it is dominated to the east by the remains of an Iron Age hillfort within the boundaries of which a Norman castle was built. This now-ruined castle led to the village taking the name Stratford-under-Castle, later changing to Stratford sub Castle. Stratford lies south-west of the abandoned medieval settlement of Old Sarum which was also built within the area of the hill fort. It is approximately twenty one miles from Southampton.
The Cloisters, formerly the Bell and Crown Inn, is a grade II* listed public house in Catherine Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire, England. It dates from the fourteenth century.
The Church of St Martin, also known as Sarum St Martin, is a Church of England parish church in Salisbury, Wiltshire. The church dates back to the 13th century and is a grade I listed building.