Latest matcher run: Fri, 09 Mar 2018 23:35
Wikidata tags already added to OSM with this tool.
48 candidates found (19 with multiple matches)
[Filter: only multiple matches]
Language order preference. edit
Lifshitz College of Education ("Michlelet Lifshitz" - מכללת ליפשיץ - המכללה האקדמית הדתית לחינוך) is a religious teacher training college in Jerusalem, Israel. The school credo is "integrating modernity and Jewish life."
Hebrew University Stadium (also called: National Stadium and university Stadium) is a multi-use National stadium on the Givat Ram campus of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem in Jerusalem, Israel. The stadium holds 10,000 spectators. It hosted some of the 1964 AFC Asian Cup matches, as well as the opening ceremonies of the 1968 Summer Paralympics.
Unsdorf (Hebrew: קריית אונסדורף), officially Kiryat Unsdorf, also known as Sorotzkin after its main street, is a Haredi Jewish neighborhood in Jerusalem, Israel. It is located along the northern edge of the mountain plateau on which central Jerusalem lies. Constructed between 1970 and 1985, Unsdorf is home to several landmark educational centers. A large percentage of residents are American-born.
Tzora (Hebrew: צָרְעָה) is a kibbutz in central Israel. Located about 20 km from Jerusalem, near the city of Beit Shemesh, it falls under the jurisdiction of Mateh Yehuda Regional Council. In 2016 it had a population of 899.
Atarot Airport (Hebrew: נמל התעופה ירושלים, Arabic: مطار القدس الدولي) (IATA: JRS, ICAO: LLJR, OJJR), (also Kalandia Airport, Qalandia Airport, and Jerusalem Airport) is a small airport, currently not in use, located between Jerusalem and Ramallah. When it was opened in 1920 it was the first airport in the British Mandate for Palestine.
IATA airport code: JRS; ICAO airport code: LLJR, OJJR
Timnath or Timnah was a Philistine city in Canaan that is mentioned in the Hebrew Bible in Judges 14, as also in connection with Judah and Tamar in Genesis 38:14. Although inconclusive, modern archaeologists identify the ancient site with Tel Batash (Hebrew: תל בטש), a tel located in the Sorek Valley, near moshav Tal Shahar, Israel. Earlier historical geographers, such as A. Neubauer, Victor Guérin and Edward Robinson, have identified the site, not with Tel Batash, but with Khirbet Tibneh, a ruin located ca. 3.2 kilometres (2 mi) southwest of Bet Shemesh, in Israel. French orientalist, Clermont-Ganneau, also thought Tibneh to be a corruption of the Hebrew word, Timnah. When Edward Robinson visited the immediate area in 1838, Tibneh was already a deserted village. The site is not to be confused with the copper smelting site of Timna in the Arabah near Eilat.
Katamon or Qatamon (Arabic: قطمون Katamun, Hebrew: קטמון, Greek: Καταμώνας Katamónas) is a Jewish neighbourhood in south-central Jerusalem. The official Hebrew name, Gonen (גּוֹנֵן), is only used in municipal publications. Katamon is derived from the Greek κατὰ τῷ μοναστηρίῳ ("by the monastery").
Neve Ilan (Hebrew: נְוֵה אִילָן, lit. Oasis of Ilan) is a moshav shitufi in central Israel. Located west of Jerusalem, it falls under the jurisdiction of Mateh Yehuda Regional Council. In 2016 it had a population of 918. Previously a kibbutz, it remains a member of the Kibbutz Movement despite its change in status to a moshav.
St. George's School (Arabic: مدرسة المطران Madrasat al-Mutran) is a British boys' school in East Jerusalem run by the Anglican diocese of Jerusalem.
Mamilla Mall, also known as Alrov Mamilla Avenue, is an upscale shopping street and the only open-air mall in Jerusalem, Israel. Located northwest of Jaffa Gate, the mall consists of a 2,000-foot (610 m) pedestrian promenade called Alrov Mamilla Avenue lined by 140 stores, restaurants, and cafes, and office space on upper floors. The mall sits atop a multi-story parking garage for 1,600 cars and buses, and a bus terminal. Designed by Moshe Safdie and developed by Alrov Properties and Lodgings Ltd. of Tel Aviv, the mall incorporates the facades of 19th-century buildings from the original Mamilla Street, as well as the original structures of the Convent of St. Vincent de Paul, the Stern House, and the Clark House.
Givat Massuah (Hebrew: גבעת משואה) (lit. "Beacon Hill") is a new neighborhood in the southwest outskirts of Jerusalem, Israel, overlooking Malha and Emek Lavan Valley. It has a population of 1,100 families, mainly secular and orthodox Jews. Givat Massuah was established in 1996.
עיר דוד (Q1177750) search tags: admin_level, boundary, boundary=administrative, historic=archaeological_site, landuse, landuse=residential, natural=peak, place, political_division=ward, type=boundary [show on map]
The City of David (Hebrew: עיר דוד, Ir David; literal translation to Arabic: مدينة داوود, Madina Dawud, common Arabic name: وادي حلوه, Wadi Hilweh) is an Israeli settlement and the archaeological site which is speculated to compose the original urban core of ancient Jerusalem. First suggested in 1920, the name was used officially from the 1970s, following the capture of East Jerusalem by Israel, but today the name is questioned in the archaeological academic community. In 1997 management of the park was taken over by Ir David Foundation. Although it is located within the Jerusalem Municipality, it is considered a settlement, having been built on land in the West Bank that was occupied by and annexed to Israel following the 1967 Six-Day War and 1980 Jerusalem Law. The international community regards Israeli settlements illegal under international law, although Israel disputes this. It is best known for its Iron Age structures attributed to Judean kings, and it also contains older Canaanite infrastructure dated to the Middle Bronze Age.
Mount Zion (Hebrew: הַר צִיּוֹן, Har Tsiyyon; Arabic: جبل صهيون, Jabal Sahyoun) is a hill in Jerusalem just outside the walls of the Old City. The term Mount Zion has been used in the Hebrew Bible first for the City of David (2 Samuel 5:7, 1 Chronicles 11:5; 1 Kings 8:1, 2 Chronicles 5:2) and later for the Temple Mount, but its meaning has shifted and it is now used as the name of ancient Jerusalem's Western Hill. In a wider sense, the term is also used for the entire Land of Israel.
Givat Shaul (Hebrew: גבעת שאול, lit. (Saul's Hill) is a neighborhood in western Jerusalem, Israel. The neighborhood is located at the western entrance to the city, east of the neighborhood of Har Nof and north of Kiryat Moshe. Givat Shaul stands 820 meters above sea level.
Mesilat Zion (Hebrew: מְסִלַּת צִיּוֹן, מסילת ציון, lit. Track of Zion) is a moshav in central Israel. Located near Beit Shemesh with an area of 1,000 dunams, it falls under the jurisdiction of Mateh Yehuda Regional Council. In 2016 it had a population of 1,263.
Givat HaMatos (Hebrew: גבעת המטוס) is a settlement which hosted Ethiopian Jewish and Russian immigrants in caravans. It encompasses an area of 170 dunams. It is bordered by Talpiot in the north, Gilo in the south, and Beit Safafa in the west. Israel has approved to build a new Israeli settlement there.
Beit Meir (Hebrew: בֵּית מֵאִיר, lit. House of Meir) is a religious moshav in central Israel. Located in the Jerusalem hills around nine miles from Jerusalem, just off the Jerusalem-Tel Aviv highway, it falls under the jurisdiction of Mateh Yehuda Regional Council. In 2016 it had a population of 804.
Museum of Underground Prisoners is a museum in Jerusalem, Israel, commemorating the activity of the Jewish underground—Haganah, Irgun and Lehi—during the period leading up the establishment of the State of Israel.
Yefeh Nof (Hebrew: יפה נוף) is a neighborhood in west Jerusalem, founded in 1929. Together with Ramat Beit HaKerem and Givat Beit HaKerem, it is part of the larger Beit HaKerem neighborhood. Its name is one of the seventy poetic names the Hebrew Bible uses for Jerusalem (Psalms 48:3), and literally means "a place with a beautiful view".
The Cathedral of Saint James (Armenian: Սրբոց Յակոբեանց Վանք Հայոց, or Saints Jacobs Armenian Cathedral) is a 12th-century Armenian church in the Armenian Quarter of Jerusalem, near the quarter's entry gate. The cathedral is dedicated to two Christian saints: James, son of Zebedee (James the Greater) (one of the Twelve Apostles of Jesus) and James the brother of Jesus (James the Just).
Gizo (Hebrew: גִּיזוֹ) is a community settlement in central Israel. Located to the north-west of Beit Shemesh, it falls under the jurisdiction of Mateh Yehuda Regional Council. In 2016 it had a population of 199.
Kiryat HaYovel (Hebrew: קריית היובל) is a neighborhood in southwestern Jerusalem on Mount Herzl. It was built in the early 1950s to house new immigrants. Today, Kiryat HaYovel has a population of 25,000 residents.
Mahseya (Hebrew: מַחְסֵיָה) is a moshav in central Israel. Located about 2 kilometers east of Beit Shemesh, it falls under the jurisdiction of Mateh Yehuda Regional Council. In 2016 it had a population of 432.
Jason's Tomb (Kever Yason) is a rock-cut tomb dating to the Maccabean period discovered in the Rehavia neighborhood in Jerusalem, Israel. It has been identified as the burial site of Jason, possibly a naval commander, based on the charcoal drawing of two warships discovered in the cave.
Ramat Beit HaKerem (Hebrew: רמת בית הכרם) (lit. Beit HaKerem Heights) is a Jewish neighborhood in Jerusalem, Israel. It was established in 1991 on a hill between Beit HaKerem to the north, the Givat Ram campus of the Hebrew University to the east and Bayit VeGan to the southwest.
Bayt Mahsir (Arabic: بيت محسير) was a Palestinian Arab village in the Jerusalem Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1947–48 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine on May 10, 1948 by the Harel Brigade of Operation Makkabi. It was located 9 km west of Jerusalem.
The Armenian Patriarchate of Jerusalem also known as the Armenian Patriarchate of Sts. James (Armenian: Առաքելական Աթոռ Սրբոց Յակովբեանց Յերուսաղեմ Aṙak’yelakan At’voṙ Srboc’ Yakovbeanc’ Yerusaġem, literally "Apostolic See of St. James in Jerusalem") is located in the Armenian Quarter of Jerusalem. The Armenian Apostolic Church is officially recognised under Israel's confessional system, for the self-regulation of status issues, such as marriage and divorce.
The Chords Bridge (Hebrew: גשר המיתרים, Gesher HaMeitarim), also called the Bridge of Strings or Jerusalem Light Rail Bridge, is a side-spar cable-stayed bridge in Jerusalem, Israel. The structure was designed by the Spanish architect and engineer Santiago Calatrava and is used by Jerusalem Light Rail's Red Line, which began service on August 19, 2011. Incorporated in the bridge is a glass-sided pedestrian bridge enabling pedestrians to cross from Kiryat Moshe to the Jerusalem Central Bus Station. The bridge, which cost about $70 million (NIS 246 million), was inaugurated on June 25, 2008.
Ein Karem (Hebrew: עֵין כֶּרֶם, lit. "Spring of the Vineyard", and Arabic: عين كارم - ʿEin Kārem or ʿAyn Kārim; also Ain Karem, Ein Kerem) is an ancient village of the Jerusalem District and now a neighbourhood in southwest Jerusalem and the site of the Hadassah Medical Center. It was a Palestinian Arab town in the Mandatory Palestine's Jerusalem Subdistrict, then depopulated during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War on July 16, 1948.
The Jerusalem Forest is a municipal pine forest located in the Judean Mountains in the outskirts of Jerusalem. It is surrounded by the neighborhoods of Beit HaKerem, Yefe Nof, Ein Kerem, Har Nof and Givat Shaul, and a moshav, Beit Zeit. The forest was planted during the 1950s by the Jewish National Fund, financed by private donors.
The Western Wall Tunnel (Hebrew: מנהרת הכותל, translit.: Minheret Hakotel) is an underground tunnel exposing the full length of the Western Wall. The tunnel is adjacent to the Western Wall and is located under buildings of the Old City of Jerusalem. While the open-air portion of the Western Wall is approximately 60 metres (200 ft) long, the majority of its original length is hidden underground. The tunnel allows access to an additional 485 metres (1,591 ft) of the wall.
Zorah (Hebrew: צרעה) or Tzorah, perhaps "place of wasps," was a biblical town in the low country of Judah.
Bayit VeGan (Hebrew: בית וגן, lit. House and Garden) is a neighborhood in southwest Jerusalem, Israel. Bayit VeGan is located to the east of Mount Herzl and borders the neighborhoods of Kiryat Hayovel and Givat Mordechai.
The Tisch Family Zoological Gardens in Jerusalem (Hebrew: גן החיות התנ"כי בירושלים על שם משפחת טיש, Arabic: حديقة الحيوان الكتابية في أورشليم القدس Ḥadīqat al-Ḥaiwān Ūrushalīm al-Quds), popularly known as the Jerusalem Biblical Zoo, is a zoo located in the Malha neighborhood of Jerusalem, Israel. It is famous for its Afro-Asiatic collection of wildlife many of which are ascribed in the Hebrew Bible, as well as its success in breeding endangered species. According to Dun and Bradstreet, the Biblical Zoo was the most popular tourist attraction in Israel from 2005 to 2007, and logged a record 738,000 visitors in 2009. The zoo had about 55,000 members in 2009.
Mata (Hebrew: מַטָּע, lit. Grove) is a moshav in central Israel. Located in the Jerusalem corridor near Beit Shemesh, it falls under the jurisdiction of Mateh Yehuda Regional Council. In 2016 it had a population of 902.
Geula (Hebrew: גאולה lit. Redemption) is a neighborhood in the center of Jerusalem, populated mainly by Haredi Jews. Geula is bordered by Zikhron Moshe and Mekor Baruch on the west, the Bukharim neighborhood on the north, Mea Shearim on the east and the Jerusalem city center on the south.
The David Citadel Hotel (Hebrew: מָלוֹן מֽצוּדָת דָּוִד, malón mezudát davíd) is a luxury hotel in the center of Jerusalem, Israel. The hotel is on King David Street, close to the entrance to the Old City. The hotel hosts VIPs, including global political leaders, business moguls and celebrities, competing with the nearby King David Hotel and the new Waldorf Astoria for the title of "Jerusalem's flagship hotel".
Talbiya or Talbiyeh (Arabic: الطالبية, Hebrew: טלביה), officially Komemiyut, is an upscale neighborhood in Jerusalem, located between Rehavia and Katamon. It was built in the 1920s and 1930s on land purchased from the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate of Jerusalem. Most of the early residents were affluent Middle Eastern Christians who built elegant homes with Renaissance, Moorish and Arab architectural motifs, surrounded by trees and flowering gardens.
The Ministry of Interior (Hebrew: משרד הפנים, Misrad HaPnim; Arabic: وزارة الداخلية) in the State of Israel is one of the government offices that is responsible for local government, citizenship and residency, identity cards, and student and entry visas.
Mamilla (Hebrew: ממילא) is a neighbourhood of Jerusalem that was established in the late 19th century outside the Old City, west of the Jaffa Gate. Until 1948 it was a mixed Jewish-Arab business district. Between 1948 and 1967, it was located along the armistice line between the Israeli and Jordanian-held sector of the city, and many buildings were destroyed by Jordanian shelling. The Israeli government approved an urban renewal project for Mamilla, apportioning land for residential and commercial zones, including hotels and office space. The Mamilla Mall opened in 2007.
Allar (Arabic: علار) or 'Allar el-Fawqa ("Upper Allar") was a Palestinian Arab village located southwest of the Old City of Jerusalem near Wadi Surar ("Valley of Pebbles"), along Wadi Tannur. The name was shared by the twin village of Allar al-Sifla ("Lower Allar") or Khirbat al-Tannur, with official imperial ledgers often listing them both under the single entry of Allar.
The Valley of Elah, Ella Valley, "the valley of the terebinth" (Hebrew: עמק האלה Emek HaElah; Arabic: وادي السنط, Wadi es-Sunt), so called after the large and shady terebinth trees (Pistacia atlantica) which are indigenous to its parts, and best known as the place described in the Bible where the Israelites were encamped when David fought Goliath (1 Sam. 17:2, 19). It was near Azekah and Socho (17:1). On the west side of the valley, near Socho, there is a very large and ancient tree of this kind, 55 feet in height, its trunk 17 feet in circumference, and the breadth of its shade no less than 75 feet. It marks the upper end of the valley, and forms a noted object, being one of the largest terebinths in the area. Rising up from the valley on its extreme south-east end lies the hilltop ruin, Adullam.