Latest matcher run: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 18:20
Wikidata tags already added to OSM with this tool.
173 candidates found (89 with multiple matches)
[Filter: only multiple matches]
Language order preference. edit
The New York City Police Museum (NYCPM) features the history and contributions of the New York City Police Department, established in 1845. The museum is located in Lower Manhattan in New York City, near Wall Street and the South Street Seaport. While one of the museum's primary focuses is a memorial to September 11th, the museum contains a wide range of information on the history of the NYPD. The museum, which grew from a gallery housed at the New York City Police Academy, opened at 26 Broadway at Bowling Green in January 2000 and re-opened in a new location at 100 Old Slip, former home of the First Precinct, in January 2002. In October 2012, Hurricane Sandy caused substantial damage at 100 Old Slip, and the museum reopened on October 24, 2013 at 45 Wall Street. That location closed in 2014 and the museum's future plans are unclear. While there were attempts to move the museum to Pershing Hall, a historic building on Governors Island, to date the museum has only sponsored a few exhibits on the island that is open to the public from May to September.
website: http://www.nycpm.org; NRHP reference number: 82001193
The Bronx High School for the Visual Arts (BHSVA), familiarly known as Visual Arts, is a New York City public high school established as an art school in 2002 under Mayor Michael Bloomberg's Small Schools Initiative program (officially, the New Century High Schools Initiative). It is a New Visions for Public Schools institution which oversees funding for the various small schools created by the program but is served by the New York City Department of Education. The school once was housed in the Christopher Columbus Educational Campus before moving to the old Mercy College Bronx campus building in late 2004. The school is within walking distance of the Bronx Zoo and the New York Botanical Garden.
Metropolitan Avenue was a train station along the Bushwick Branch of the Long Island Rail Road, located at Metropolitan Avenue near Woodward Avenue in Maspeth, Queens. Its opening date is unknown but it closed with the end of passenger service on the Bushwick Branch on May 13, 1924 and was removed afterwards. Right next to the station is one of the busiest level crossings in New York City.
Keating Hall is a building located at Fordham University in the Bronx, New York City. Constructed in 1936, it is considered the "centerpiece" of the university's main Rose Hill campus, and is the home to the university's Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.
Millan House is a historic co-op in Lenox Hill on the Upper East Side of Manhattan in New York City, USA. They co-op is made up of two buildings located at 115 East 67th Street and 116 East 68th Street, with 57 apartments in total. They are connected by "a formal back garden".
The Ritz Tower is a 42-story luxury residential building located at 465 Park Avenue on the corner of East 57th Street in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. It was as built from 1925 to 1927 as an apartment hotel and was designed by Emery Roth and Thomas Hastings for journalist Arthur Brisbane, who was the developer. At the time that it was built it was the tallest residential building in New York City.
St. Ann, The Personal School is a Catholic school in Upper Manhattan. Located in East Harlem at 314 East 110th Street, St. Ann School was founded in 1926. St. Ann serves Pre-kindergarten to 8th Grade. The Principal is Ms. Hope Mueller.
Tompkinsville is a Staten Island Railway station in the neighborhood of Tompkinsville, Staten island, New York. It is located at Victory Boulevard and Bay Street on the railroad's main line. This is one of two stations on the line that require fare payment to enter or exit, the other being St. George.
The Bayonne Bridge is an arch bridge spanning the Kill Van Kull connecting Bayonne, New Jersey with Staten Island, New York City. It carries NY 440 and NJ 440. It is the fifth-longest steel arch bridge in the world, and was the longest in the world at the time of its completion. The bridge is also one of four connecting New Jersey with Staten Island; the other two roadway bridges are the Goethals Bridge in Elizabeth and Outerbridge Crossing in Perth Amboy, and the rail-only Arthur Kill Vertical Lift Bridge, all of which traverse the Arthur Kill.
Todt Hill ( TOHT) is a 401-foot-tall (122 m) hill formed of serpentine rock on Staten Island, New York. It is the highest natural point in the five boroughs of New York City and the highest elevation on the entire Atlantic coastal plain from Florida to Cape Cod. The summit of the ridge is largely covered in woodlands as part of the Staten Island Greenbelt, although much of the surrounding area is developed and residential. It is considered one of the most exclusive and most expensive areas of Staten Island.
Great Kills Park in Great Kills, Staten Island, is a part of the Staten Island unit of Gateway National Recreation Area. Part of the National Park System, it covers an area of approximately 580 acres (2.3 km2) of salt marsh, beach and woodlands, stretching along two miles (3 km) of Staten Island's south shore.
The Queens Library (QL), also known as the Queens Borough Public Library, is the public library for the Borough of Queens and one of three library systems serving New York City. It is one of the largest library systems in the world by circulation, having loaned 13.5 million items in the 2015 fiscal year. It was named “2009 Library of the Year” by Library Journal. According to its website, the library holds about 7.5 million items, of which 1.4 million are at its central library in Jamaica, Queens.
website: http://www.queenslibrary.org/ko, http://www.queenslibrary.org/, http://m.queenslibrary.org
138th Street–Grand Concourse is a local station on the IRT Jerome Avenue Line of the New York City Subway, located at the T intersection of East 138th Street and the Grand Concourse in the Bronx neighborhood of Mott Haven. It is served by the 4 train at all times except rush hours in peak direction and 5 train at all times except late nights on weekdays.
Woodhaven Boulevard is an elevated station on the BMT Jamaica Line of the New York City Subway, located in Woodhaven, Queens. It is served by the J train at all times and the Z train during rush hours in the peak direction.
174th Street is a local station on the IRT White Plains Road Line of the New York City Subway. Located at the intersection of 174th Street, Southern Boulevard & Boston Road in the Crotona Park East neighborhood of the Bronx, it is served by the 2 train at all times, and the 5 train at all other times except during late nights on weekdays and rush hours in the peak direction.
Gun Hill Road is a station on the IRT Dyre Avenue Line of the New York City Subway, located at the intersection of Gun Hill Road and Seymour Avenue in the Baychester and Allerton sections of The Bronx. It is served by the 5 train on weekdays and the 2 train on weekends.
Flushing–Main Street (signed as Main Street on entrances and pillars, and Main St–Flushing on overhead signs) is the northern terminal station on the IRT Flushing Line of the New York City Subway, located at Main Street and Roosevelt Avenue in the Downtown section of Flushing, Queens. It is served by the 7 at all times and the <7> train rush hours in the peak direction.
NRHP reference number: 04001147
Gun Hill Road is an express station on the IRT White Plains Road Line of the New York City Subway. Located in the Bronx at the intersection of Gun Hill and White Plains Roads, it is served by the 2 train on weekdays and the 5 train during rush hours in the peak direction and on weekends.
The Whitehall Building is a 20-story apartment building located at 17 Battery Place, across the street from Battery Park in lower Manhattan in New York City.
DeKalb Avenue is a station on the BMT Canarsie Line of the New York City Subway. Located at the intersection of Wyckoff and DeKalb Avenues in Bushwick, Brooklyn, it is served by the L train at all times.
station code: 127
104th Street is a station on the IND Fulton Street Line of the New York City Subway, located on Liberty Avenue at 104th Street in South Ozone Park and Richmond Hill, Queens. The station is served by the A train at all times.
104th Street is a skip-stop station on the BMT Jamaica Line of the New York City Subway, located on Jamaica Avenue between 102nd and 104th Streets in Richmond Hill, Queens. It is served by the Z train during rush hours in the peak direction and by the J train at all other times. The Manhattan-bound platform at this station is closed for renovation from March 5 2017 to early 2018.
station code: 306; NRHP reference number: 83001749
Pelham Parkway is a station on the IRT Dyre Avenue Line of the New York City Subway. Located at the intersection of Pelham Parkway and the Esplanade (erroneously signed as "Esplanade Avenue" in the station) in the Bronx, it is served by the 5 train on weekdays and the 2 train on weekends.
111th Street is a station on the IND Fulton Street Line of the New York City Subway, located on Liberty Avenue at 111th Street in Richmond Hill, Queens. The station is served by the A train at all times.
Pelham Parkway is a local station on the IRT White Plains Road Line of the New York City Subway. Located in the Bronx at the intersection of Pelham Parkway and White Plains Road, it is served by the 2 train on weekdays and the 5 train during rush hours in the peak direction and on weekends.
NRHP reference number: 05000228
South Ferry loops (bucles del South Ferry en español) es un par de estaciones subterráneas del Metro de Nueva York en South Ferry, Manhattan que han estado en desuso desde marzo de 2009. Las estaciones, la estación más al sur de Manhattan construida por la Interborough Rapid Transit Company, son dos plataformas laterales en una sección curvada formando los balloon loops; sin embargo, no había transferencias gratis ya que las transferencias se hacían solamente para cada línea. La configuración más reciente consiste en la línea de la Séptima Avenida-Broadway en el bucle exterior de la plataforma, y la línea de la Avenida Lexington en el bucle interior de la plataforma. Ambas estaciones individualmente se llaman South Ferry; el nombre "South Ferry loops" es usado para desmarcarlas de la próxima estación terminal, South Ferry, que es usada por el servicio 1 de la línea de la Séptima Avenida-Broadway.
The Rose Center for Earth and Space is a part of the American Museum of Natural History in New York City. The Center's complete name is The Frederick Phineas and Sandra Priest Rose Center for Earth and Space. The main entrance is located on the northern side of the museum on 81st Street near Central Park West in Manhattan's Upper West Side. Completed in 2000, it includes the new Hayden Planetarium, the original of which was opened in 1935 and closed in 1997. Neil deGrasse Tyson is its first and, to date, only director.
The Cross Bay Veterans Memorial Bridge (originally Cross Bay Bridge or Cross Bay Parkway Bridge) in New York City is a toll bridge that carries Cross Bay Boulevard from Broad Channel in Jamaica Bay to the Rockaway Peninsula, and is located in Queens.
Mets–Willets Point (formerly Willets Point–Shea Stadium) is an express station on the IRT Flushing Line of the New York City Subway. It is served by the 7 train at all times and by the <7> train rush hours in the peak direction or towards Manhattan following most New York Mets baseball games and U.S. Open tennis matches. This station is located in Flushing Meadows–Corona Park in Willets Point, Queens, on Roosevelt Avenue between 114th and 126th Streets.
111th Street is a skip-stop station on the BMT Jamaica Line of the New York City Subway. Located at the intersection of 111th Street and Jamaica Avenue in Richmond Hill, Queens, it is served at all times by the J train. The Z train bypasses the station when it operates.
Wolfes Pond Park is a large public park located on Staten Island's South Shore west by Holten Avenue, on the south by Raritan Bay, and on the east by Chisolm Street, Luten Avenue, and Cornelia Avenue, which is also the main entry into the park's public areas. Hylan Boulevard bisects the park, and most visitors only visit the southern half of the park, where Wolfes Pond (for which the park is named), two playgrounds, and basketball and tennis courts are located, as well as numerous walking and biking paths, open fields, and a small beach on Raritan Bay. The northern, inland half consists mostly of ponds and woodlands, and the northeastern corner hugs Tottenville High School.
Woodlawn (sometimes called Woodlawn-Jerome Avenue) is the northern terminal of the New York City Subway's IRT Jerome Avenue Line. The station is located at the intersection of Bainbridge and Jerome Avenues. Despite the station name, this intersection is in the Norwood section of the Bronx, and not in Woodlawn. It is served by the 4 train at all times.
NRHP reference number: 05000679
Chambers Street – World Trade Center / Park Place (Q2612200) OSM candidate matches multiple Wikidata items [show on map]
station code: 624
Woodhaven Boulevard is a local station on the IND Queens Boulevard Line of the New York City Subway, consisting of four tracks. Located in the Elmhurst neighborhood of Queens, it is served by the R train at all times except nights, when the E train takes over service. The M train provides additional service here on weekdays except nights. The station serves the adjacent Queens Center Mall, as well as numerous bus lines.
NRHP reference number: 05000678; station code: 615
121st Street is a skip-stop station on the elevated BMT Jamaica Line of the New York City Subway. Located at the intersection of 121st Street and Jamaica Avenue in Queens, it is served by the Z train during rush hours in the peak direction, and by the J train at all other times.
Manhattan College is a private, independent, Roman Catholic, liberal arts college located in the Bronx, New York City, United States. After originally being established in 1853 by the Brothers of the Christian Schools (De La Salle Christian Brothers) as an academy for day students, Manhattan College was officially incorporated as an institution of higher education through a charter granted by the New York State Board of Regents. In 1922, the College moved from Manhattan to the Riverdale section of the Bronx, roughly 6.4 miles (10.3 km) north of its original location on 131st Street in the Manhattanville section of Manhattan. Manhattan College offers undergraduate programs in the arts, business, education, health, engineering, and science. Graduate programs are offered for education, business, and engineering. U.S. News & World Report lists Manhattan as one of the top 20 colleges in the Regional Universities North category. In addition, Manhattan consistently ranks in the top twenty in surveys that evaluate return on investment. In the 2014–2015 Payscale.com College Return on Investment survey, Manhattan placed 15th nationally.
Bleecker Street / Broadway – Lafayette Street (Q3498651) more than one candidate found [show on map]
station code: 619; NRHP reference number: 04001012
The Manhattan Center is a building in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. Built in 1906 and located at 311 West 34th Street, it houses Manhattan Center Studios (home to two recording studios), its Grand Ballroom, and the Hammerstein Ballroom, one of New York City's most renowned performance venues. In 1976, the building was purchased by its current owner, the Unification Church for $3 million.
The Montauk Branch is a rail line owned and operated by the Long Island Rail Road in the U.S. state of New York. The branch runs the length of Long Island, 115 miles (185 km) from Long Island City on the west to Montauk on the east. However, in LIRR maps and schedules for public use the term Montauk Branch refers to the line east of Babylon; the line west of there is covered by Babylon Branch schedules to Jamaica.
The Arsenal is a symmetrical brick building with modestly Gothic Revival details, located in Central Park, New York City, centered on 64th Street off Fifth Avenue. Built between 1847 and 1851 as a storehouse for arms and ammunition for the New York State Militia, the building predates the design and construction of Central Park, where only the Blockhouse (1814) is older.
116th Street was an express station on the demolished IRT Ninth Avenue Line in New York City. It had three tracks and two island platforms. It opened on September 17, 1879 and closed on June 11, 1940. The next southbound local stop was 110th Street. The next southbound express stop was 66th Street. The next northbound stop was 125th Street for all trains.
125th Street was an express station on the demolished IRT Ninth Avenue Line. It had three tracks and two island platforms. It opened on September 17, 1879 and closed on June 11, 1940. The next southbound stop was 116th Street for all trains. The next northbound local stop was 130th Street. The next northbound express stop was 145th Street.
125th Street was an express station on the demolished IRT Second Avenue Line. It had three tracks and two island platforms. The next stop to the north was 129th Street for terminating trains and 133rd Street for through trains. The next stop to the south was 121st Street for local trains and 86th Street for express trains. The station closed on June 11, 1940.
125th Street was an express station on the demolished IRT Third Avenue Line as part of the extension of the Third Avenue Line north of 67th Street. It opened on December 30, 1878, and had three tracks and two levels. The lower level was built first and had two tracks and two side platforms for local trains. The upper level, built as part of the Dual Contracts, had one track and two side platforms for express trains. Simultaneously during the dual contracts period, IRT also expanded the Lexington Avenue Subway which included a station one block west of the el station. This station closed on May 12, 1955, with the ending of all service on the Third Avenue El south of 149th Street.
155th Street was an elevated railway station in New York City which was in use from 1870 until 1958, serving as the north terminal of the IRT Ninth Avenue Line from its opening until 1918 and then as the southern terminal of a surviving stub portion from 1940 until its closure in 1958. It had two tracks and one island platform.
174th Street was a local station on the demolished IRT Third Avenue Line. It was originally built on July 20, 1891, by the Suburban Rapid Transit Company and had three tracks and two side platforms. The next stop to the north was Tremont Avenue – 177th Street, but in its last years it rose over the Cross Bronx Expressway in order to get there. The next stop to the south was Claremont Parkway. The station closed on April 29, 1973.
72nd Street was a local station on the demolished IRT Second Avenue Line (also known as the "Second Avenue El"). It had three tracks and two side platforms. The next stop to the north was 80th Street. The next stop to the south was 65th Street. The station closed on June 11, 1940. The site is now served by the 72nd Street station of the Second Avenue Subway.
86th Street was an express station on the demolished IRT Second Avenue Line (also known as the "Second Avenue El"). It had two levels. The lower level had two tracks and two side platforms, and was served by local trains. The upper level was built as a part of the Dual Contracts and had one track and two side platforms for express trains. The next stop to the north was 92nd Street for local trains and 125th Street for express trains. The next stop to the south was 80th Street for local trains and 57th Street for express trains. The station closed on June 11, 1940. The site is now served by the 86th Street station of the Second Avenue Subway.
Arthur Kill Correctional Facility was a medium security correctional facility opened in 1976 and operated by what was then the New York State Department of Correctional Services. Arthur Kill was located in New York City in the Borough of Staten Island, along Arthur Kill Road in the Charleston area. The prison had a capacity of 931 male inmates.
Atlantic Terminal and Atlantic Center are shopping malls located on Atlantic Avenue surrounded by Hanson Place, Fort Greene Place and Flatbush Avenue in the Fort Greene section of Brooklyn, New York City, near Downtown Brooklyn. Atlantic Terminal is located across the street from the Atlantic Center Mall (via a small enclosed bridge from Target), and both are under the same management of Forest City Ratner Companies, the New York subsidiary of Forest City Enterprises. Atlantic Terminal is also an office building and part of the ticket office of the Long Island Rail Road's Atlantic Terminal. Parts of Atlantic Center Mall were also renovated to complement the new mall. The malls are both located directly across Atlantic Avenue from Barclays Center arena, in the neighborhood of Pacific Park, which is being developed by Forest City Ratner.
Bleecker Street was a station on the demolished IRT Sixth Avenue Line. It had 2 tracks and two side platforms. It was served by trains from the IRT Sixth Avenue Line. It closed on December 4, 1938. The next southbound stop was Grand Street. The next northbound stop was Eighth Street.
Bronx Terminal Market, formerly known as Gateway Center at Bronx Terminal Market is a shopping mall along the Major Deegan Expressway in Concourse, Bronx, New York. The center encompasses just under one million square feet of retail space built on a 17-acre (69,000 m2) site that formerly held a wholesale fruit and vegetable market as well as the former Bronx House of Detention, south of Yankee Stadium.
The Brooklyn Heights Historic District is a historic district that comprises much of the Brooklyn Heights neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York City. It was named a National Historic Landmark in January, 1965, designated a New York City Landmark in November, 1965, and added to the National Register of Historic Places in October, 1966.
NRHP reference number: 66000524
The Bushwick Branch, also called the Bushwick Lead Track, is a freight railroad branch that runs from Bushwick, Brooklyn, to Fresh Pond Junction in Queens, New York, where it connects with the Montauk Branch of the Long Island Rail Road. It is owned by the LIRR but operated under lease by the New York and Atlantic Railway, which took over LIRR freight operations in May 1997.
Cedar Grove Cemetery is a nonsectarian cemetery in Flushing, Queens, New York. The cemetery occupies the former Spring Hill estate of colonial governor Cadwallader Colden.
The Christian Cultural Center (CCC) is a non-denominational Christian megachurch located in the East New York section of Brooklyn, New York City, with a satellite campus in Smithtown on Long Island. Founded in 1979 by Dr. A. R. Bernard, The facility sits on an 11-acre (45,000 m2) campus and the church claims over 40,000 members. Christian Cultural Center is the largest evangelical church in the New York region and one of the largest independent churches in the United States.
Clinton St. Baking Company & Restaurant (Q5134231) more than one candidate found [show on map]
Dongan Hills is a Staten Island Railway station in the neighborhood of Dongan Hills, Staten Island, New York.
The Dyker Beach Park and Golf Course is a public park and a municipal, 18-hole, championship golf course in the southernmost part of Dyker Heights, Brooklyn, in New York City, United States. The area stretches from the Belt Parkway in the south to 86th Street in the north, between 7th Avenue on the west and 14th Avenue on the east.
Flushing–Main Street is a station on the Port Washington Branch of the Long Island Rail Road, serving the neighborhood of Flushing, Queens. The station is part of the L.I.R.R.'s CityTicket, and is in Zone 3. The station is located at Main Street and 41st Avenue, off Kissena Boulevard and is 9.5 miles (15.3 km) from Penn Station in Midtown Manhattan and 10.4 miles (16.73 km) southwest of Port Washington.
Fort Greene is a neighborhood in the New York City borough of Brooklyn. Part of Brooklyn Community Board 2 and served by the New York City Police Department's 88th Precinct, Fort Greene is listed on the New York State Registry and on the National Register of Historic Places, and is a New York City–designated Historic District. It is located in northwest Brooklyn in the area known as South Brooklyn, just across from Lower Manhattan and north of Prospect Park.
Francis Lewis High School (FLHS) is a public high school located in Fresh Meadows, in the New York City borough of Queens. Operated by the New York City Department of Education, the school serves students of grades 9 through 12. The school is named after Francis Lewis, a representative of New York and signatory of the Declaration of Independence.
Franklin Street was a station on the demolished IRT Sixth Avenue Line in Manhattan, New York City. It was located at Franklin Street and West Broadway, and it had two tracks and two side platforms. There was space for two additional tracks in the station. South of the station there are two additional tracks that served to layup trains.
Franklin Street was a local station on the demolished IRT Ninth Avenue Line. It had three tracks and two side platforms. It was served by trains from the IRT Ninth Avenue Line. It opened on January 21, 1873 and closed on June 11, 1940. The next southbound stop was Warren Street. The next northbound stop was Desbrosses Street.
Grasmere is a Staten Island Railway station in the neighborhood of Grasmere, Staten Island, New York. It is located at Clove Road on the Main Line.
The Hammerstein Ballroom is a 12,000-square-foot (1,100 m2) ballroom located within the Manhattan Center at 311 West 34th Street in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. The capacity of the ballroom is dependent on the configuration of the room; it seats 2,500 people for theatrical productions and musical performances, and several thousand for events held within a central ring. The two main balconies – which are unusually close to the ground and gently sloped – seat a total of 1,200.
The Church of the Immaculate Conception is a Roman Catholic parish church under the authority of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, located at 754 Gun Hill Road, Williamsbridge, Bronx, New York City, New York. The parish was established in 1902-1903. The third pastor (appointed in 1906), the Rev. Contantino Cassaneti was chaplain on the public work of the Croton Dam, and had the temporary chapels of St. Michael and St. Mary's erected at Peekskill Quarry, New York, on the suggestion of the contractor and builder J. J. Coleman.
Jewish Center of Kings Highway is a historic synagogue at 1202–1218 Avenue P in Midwood, Brooklyn in New York City, USA. The synagogue was built between 1928 and 1930 and is a two-story-with-basement building faced in brick. It has a cast stone temple front with four engaged Corinthian order piers. Also on the property is a contributing school building built in 1949.
NRHP reference number: 10000009
McCarren Park is a public park in Brooklyn, New York City. It is located in both Williamsburg, Brooklyn and Greenpoint, Brooklyn and is bordered by Nassau Avenue, Bayard Street, Lorimer Street and North 12th Street. It is operated by the New York City Department of Parks and Recreation. Opened in 1906 and originally named Greenpoint Park, the park was renamed McCarren Park in 1909 after State Senator Patrick H. McCarren (1849–1909), who began work as a cooper at Williamsburg sugar refineries and eventually became the Democratic boss of Brooklyn. The park is a popular destination for recreational softball, volleyball, soccer, handball, and other games. It is also used for sunbathing and dog-walking. In late 2004, the park's track was resurfaced and has been a popular destination for running enthusiasts.
Mets–Willets Point (formerly Shea Stadium) is a seasonal-use station on the Long Island Rail Road's Port Washington Branch, located near Roosevelt Avenue in Flushing Meadows-Corona Park, in the New York City borough of Queens.
Miller Field was a United States Army facility on Staten Island, New York, in New Dorp. It was founded in November 1919 and completed in 1921. It was named after Captain James Ely Miller (1883–1918), commanding officer of the 95th Aero Squadron in the Air Service of the AEF, who died in combat on March 9, 1918 over Rheims in World War I. He was the first United States aviator killed in action while serving with an American military aviation unit. Before World War I Miller had been vice president of the Columbia Trust Company of New York and manager of its Fifth Avenue office who trained at his own expense to earn his pilot's license and Reserve Military Aviator rating with the Governors Island Training Corps in 1916. He was also an organizer, along with Major Raynal Bolling, of the 1st Reserve Aero Squadron, the first unit of what would eventually become the Air Force Reserve Command.
NRHP reference number: 80000362
The Moravian Cemetery at 2205 Richmond Road in New Dorp on Staten Island, New York is the largest and oldest active cemetery on the island. The cemetery encompasses 113 acres (46 hectares) and is the property of the local Moravian Church congregation of Staten Island. Opened in 1740, it is situated on the southeastern foot of the Todt Hill ridge, and to its southwest is High Rock Park, one of the constituent parks of the Staten Island Greenbelt.
Murray Hill is a station in the Murray Hill neighborhood of the New York City borough of Queens on the Port Washington Branch of the Long Island Rail Road. The station is part of CityTicket. The station is located beneath 150th Street and 41st Avenue, just south of Roosevelt Avenue and is 10.3 miles (16.6 km) from Penn Station in Midtown Manhattan.
The Nicholas Roerich Museum in New York City is dedicated to the works of Nicholas Roerich, a Russian-born artist whose work focused on nature scenes from the Himalayas. The museum is located in a brownstone at 319 West 107th Street on Manhattan's Upper West Side. The museum was originally located in the Master Apartments at 103rd Street and Riverside Drive, which were built especially for Roerich in 1929.
Notre Dame Academy is a private Catholic girls' school in Staten Island, New York. It is located within the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York. As a private school, Notre Dame is not owned by the Archdiocese, although it does maintain a close affiliation with the Archdiocese.
Park Place was a station on the demolished IRT Sixth Avenue Line. It had 2 tracks and two side platforms. It was served by trains from the IRT Sixth Avenue Line. It closed on December 4, 1938. The next southbound stop was Cortlandt Street for local trains, and Battery Place for express trains. The next northbound stop was Chambers Street for all trains. The Chambers Street – World Trade Center / Park Place station complex can be found within the vicinity of the former elevated railroad station.
Pomonok is a working class neighborhood in the New York City borough of Queens. This large public housing development in South Flushing was built in 1949 on the former site of Pomonok Country Club. The name comes from a Native American word for eastern Long Island, and means either "land of tribute" or "land where there is travelling by water".
Public School 9 and Public School 9 Annex (Q7257560) search tags: amenity=school, boundary=protected_area, building=school, historic, site=school, type=site [show on map]
Public School 9 and Public School 9 Annex are two historic school buildings located at 249 and 251 Sterling Place, respectively, at Vanderbilt Avenue in the Prospect Heights neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York City.
NRHP reference number: 81000407
Richmondtown is a neighborhood on Staten Island in New York City, New York, in the United States.
Riverdale Country School is a co-educational, independent, college-preparatory day school in New York City serving pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade. It is located on two campuses covering more than 27 acres (110,000 m2) in the Riverdale section of the Bronx, New York, United States. Started as a school for boys, Riverdale Country School became fully coeducational in 1972. It currently serves 1,140 students. According to Niche's 2017 Private School Rankings, Riverdale is ranked the 6th best private high school in New York City and the 33rd best private high school in the United States.
Riverdale Presbyterian Church is a historic Presbyterian church located at 4761-4765 Henry Hudson Parkway in the Riverdale neighborhood of the Bronx, New York City. It was designed in 1863 by architect James Renwick, Jr. The church is a fieldstone building in an English-inspired Late Gothic Revival style. It was substantially enlarged in 1936.
NRHP reference number: 82001092
South Congregational Church, Chapel, Ladies Parlor, and Rectory (Q7566888) more than one candidate found [show on map]
The South Congregational Church is a former Congregational and United Church of Christ church building complex located on the intersection of Court and President Streets in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn, New York City. The complex consisting of a church, original chapel, ladies parlour and rectory was landmarked by the Landmarks Preservation Commission on March 23, 1983. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.
NRHP reference number: 82001183
Staten Island Academy is a coeducational, college-preparatory day school located on a 14-acre (57,000 m2) campus in Staten Island in New York City, United States. Founded in 1884 by Anton Methfessel, it is the oldest private school on Staten Island, and is the only independent school (non-public, non-religious) in the borough. It educates students from pre-Kindergarten through grade 12 high school. Current enrollment is 390 students and offers a student to teacher ratio of 7:1. Albert Cauz is the current head of school. The school is composed of three divisions: Lower School, Pre-K-Gr. 4; Middle School, Gr. 5-8; Upper School, Gr. 9-12. The Head of Lower, Middle and Upper School is Eileen Corigliano. The campus has seven buildings: the Early Childhood Building, the Art Barn, Haugen Hall, Kearns Hall, Crowe Hall, Alumni Hall and the OJ Buck Gymnasium. The school's accreditations include the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, and the New York State Association of Independent Schools. It is chartered and registered by the Board of Regents, University of the State of New York.
Susan E. Wagner High School is a New York City public school located at 1200 Manor Road in Staten Island, New York. The school is owned and run by the New York City Department of Education. On average, the school has about 3,000 students. Wagner's school colors are Navy and White, with the Falcon as the mascot. Wagner has a variety of programs including The Law And Politics program, The Hospitality and Tourism program, the Scholars Academy, Air Force JROTC, Honors academy, and annual Sing productions. The school has the largest marching band in New York City, with over 150 members.
Trump Village is a seven-building apartment complex in Coney Island, Brooklyn, New York City, U.S.
Bleecker Street (Lexington Avenue Line) (Q2612992) OSM candidate matches multiple Wikidata items [show on map]
Calle Bleecker es una estación en la línea de la Avenida Lexington del Metro de Nueva York de la A del Interborough Rapid Transit Company. La estación se encuentra localizada en NoHo, Manhattan entre la intersección con la Calle Lafayette y la Calle Bleecker. La estación es servida en varios horarios por diferentes trenes de los servicios y .
NRHP reference number: 4001012
The Brooklyn Detention Complex (originally the Brooklyn House of Detention) is a jail facility located at 275 Atlantic Avenue, in Brooklyn. It can hold up to 815 male prisoners in its single cells. Most of the population is made up of detainees undergoing the intake process or awaiting trial in Kings or Richmond County.
Arthur Ashe Stadium is a tennis stadium located in the Queens borough of New York City. As part of the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center, it is the main stadium of the US Open tennis tournament, the fourth and final Grand Slam tennis tournament of the calendar year — and is the largest tennis-specific stadium in the world (by capacity), with a capacity of 23,771.
Brooklyn Heights is an affluent residential neighborhood within the New York City borough of Brooklyn. Originally referred to as Brooklyn Village, it has been a prominent area of Brooklyn since 1834. The neighborhood is noted for its low-rise architecture and its many brownstone rowhouses, most of them built prior to the Civil War. It also has an abundance of notable churches and other religious institutions. Brooklyn's first art gallery, the Brooklyn Arts Gallery, was opened in Brooklyn Heights in 1958. In 1965, a large part of Brooklyn Heights was protected from unchecked development by the creation of the Brooklyn Heights Historic District, the first such district in New York City. The district was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1966.
The Halal Guys is a halal fast casual restaurant franchise that began as a halal cart on the south-east corner of 53rd Street and Sixth Avenue in the borough of Manhattan in New York City. The franchise also has a cart on the south-west corner of the same intersection. New locations, both food cart and storefront, are being added throughout New York (including a storefront on 14th Street and Second Avenue) and around the world.
Monsignor McGolrick Park is located in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, in New York City, between Driggs Avenue to the south, Russell Street to the west, Nassau Avenue to the north, and Monitor Street to the east.
NRHP reference number: 80002633
The Michael J. Petrides School is a school located on 715 Ocean Terrace in Staten Island, New York. It was created by Board of Education officials, and named after Michael J. Petrides. It opened in 1995. The school was created on the former College of Staten Island campus. Students apply to attend the school through a lottery system. However, 8th graders going into high school, who are in the top 2% scoring people for the ELA 7th grade test can get auto-admission if they put Petrides first on their application. Its current principal is Joanne Buckheit.
Port Richmond High School is on the North Shore of Staten Island, New York City, New York. It is in the Port Richmond neighborhood, located at 85 St Josephs Avenue, between Innis Street and Charles Avenue. The principal is the controversial Oneatha Swinton. It has approximately 100 full-time teachers and a student-to-teacher ratio of 21.5.
The Grand Street Bridge is a swing bridge between the New York City boroughs of Brooklyn and Queens. The bridge crosses Newtown Creek, and opened in December 1902.
Ridgewood (formerly known as DeKalb Avenue) was a train station along the Evergreen Branch of the Long Island Rail Road. The station opened on July 14, 1878. DeKalb Avenue was renamed Ridgewood in June 1882. From the Greenpoint Terminal it took 15 minutes to get here. The station closed with the end of passenger service in 1894.
Tottenville High School is located at 100 Luten Avenue, in Huguenot, Staten Island, New York. Tottenville H.S. is in Administrative District 31, and is operated by the New York City Department of Education. The school's current principal is Joseph Scarmato.
Willowbrook Park is a recreational park in Staten Island's neighborhood of Willowbrook. It is part of the Staten Island Greenbelt. The 164-acre (0.66 km2) public park provides baseball fields, a playground, and a pond. A carousel was opened in 1999. The former Staten Island Hotel can be seen from the park.
The Woodlawn (also known as Woodlawn – East 233rd Street) Metro-North Railroad station serves the residents of the Woodlawn section of The Bronx via the Harlem Line. It is 11.8 miles (19.0 km) from Grand Central Terminal and is located on East 233rd Street near Webster Avenue. This station is located in the Zone 2 Metro-North fare zone with hourly service. Just north of the station is Woodlawn Junction, where the New Haven Line splits from the Harlem Line to join the Northeast Corridor.
Libra Triangle is a 0.028 acres (0.011 ha) public green space located in the neighborhood of Elmhurst in Queens, New York, at the intersection of Broadway and Justice Avenue. Prior to its consolidation with New York City in 1898, Elmhurst was known as the town of Newtown. Its center of local government was at the site of this traffic triangle.
The Fordham University Church is a Roman Catholic church located at Fordham University in the Bronx, New York City. Originally constructed in 1845, the church was initially used as a seminary for the community, and later became part of the university in 1859. Contemporarily, it is the central place of worship and head of the university's campus ministry, which also has various associated chapels across the university's three campuses.
The Lynn Redgrave Theater is an Off-Broadway theater located in New York City, New York, that was previously known as the Bleecker Street Theater and 45 Bleecker Street Theater, the theater name was changed in 2013.
The Garfield Building was located at 26 Court Street and Remsen Street in Brooklyn, New York. It was built by contractor William Lamb, who was originally from Glasgow, Scotland. Together with his brother Thomas, the builders began their careers with the firm W&T Lamb, starting in 1861. The seven-story Garfield Building was offered in an auction by the Brooklyn Real Estate Exchange in January 1906. The lot covered 100 feet by 137.6 feet. It was near Borough Hall, the court house, Temple Bar, Hall of Records, the first subway station, and the heart of the financial center.
The Church of St. Monica, commonly referred to as St. Monica's, is a Roman Catholic parish church in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, located at 413 East 79th Street, Manhattan, New York City. The parish was established in 1879.
The Lodge Gallery is a contemporary art gallery located in New York City's Lower East Side and is active in the primary market. The gallery is owned and directed by founders Keith Schweitzer and Jason Patrick Voegele.
Café Boulud is a French restaurant located at 20 East 76th Street (between Fifth Avenue and Madison Avenue), inside the Surrey Hotel, on the Upper East Side in Manhattan, in New York City. It is owned by French celebrity chef and restaurateur Daniel Boulud. Boulud is New York City's longest-tenured four-star chef.
Mechanics' Hall was a meeting hall and theatre seating 2,500 people located at 472 Broadway in New York City, United States. It had a brown façade. Built by the Mechanics' Society for their monthly meetings in 1847, it was also used for banquets, luncheons, and speeches held by other groups.
The Church of St Gregory the Great is a Roman Catholic parish located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, New York City. The parish is part of the Archdiocese of New York. The church building, designed by architect Elliott Lynch, contains the church and parish offices on the ground floor with St. Gregory the Great Parochial School on the next two floors above, the final fourth floor is occupied by the rectory. The address of the church is 144 West 90th Street, New York, New York 10024-1202; the address of the school is 138 West 90th Street, New York, NY 10024.
Dorrian's Red Hand, also known simply as Dorrian's, is a famed Irish-American bar located at 1616 Second Avenue at East 84th Street, on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, New York City, New York.
Casa Italiana Zerilli Marimò (Q5047838) search tags: amenity=arts_centre, amenity=university, building=museum, building=university, historic=museum, shop=art, site=university, tourism=attraction, tourism=gallery, tourism=museum, type=site [show on map]
The Hot Feet Club was a popular nightclub in New York City that operated from 1928 until 1933, approximately.
29 East 32nd Street (also known as Old Grolier Club or Gilbert Kiamie House) in New York City was originally the Grolier Club building when it was built in 1889. It is now called the Madison and was designated as a landmark in 1970. Its architecture is considered Richardsonian Romanesque.
NRHP reference number: 80002707
The Ottendorfer Public Library and Stuyvesant Polyclinic Hospital are two adjoining historic buildings located at 135 and 137 2nd Avenue in the East Village neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City.
NRHP reference number: 79001607
USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center (Q1852081) OSM candidate matches multiple Wikidata items [show on map]
The USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center is an American stadium complex located in Flushing Meadows–Corona Park in Queens, New York City. It has been the home of the US Open Grand Slam tennis tournament played every year in August and September, since 1978. It is operated by the United States Tennis Association (USTA). The facility has 22 courts inside its 46.5 acres (0.188 km2; 0.0727 sq mi) and 11 in the adjoining park. The complex's three stadiums are among the largest tennis stadiums in the world, with Arthur Ashe Stadium topping the global list with a listed capacity of 23,200. All 33 courts have used the DecoTurf cushioned acrylic surface since the facility was built in 1978.
Russell D. Ramsey Triangle (Q23092050) search tags: amenity=market, area=yes, boundary=national_park, foot=yes, highway=pedestrian, landuse=recreation_ground, leisure=common, leisure=park, place=square [show on map]
Russell D. Ramsey Triangle, a triangle-shaped traffic median in Brooklyn, New York City, memorializes an individual who devoted his life to the firefighting profession, working out of the nearby New York City Fire Department dispatch station at 35 Empire Boulevard for nearly a quarter century. This triangle is bound by Empire Boulevard, Washington Avenue, and Franklin Avenue.
Fordham University () is a private research university in New York City. Founded by the Catholic Diocese of New York in 1841, it is the oldest Catholic university in the northeastern United States, the third-oldest university in New York, and the only Jesuit university in New York City.
The Paramount Theatre is a former movie palace located at 1 University Plaza at the intersection of Flatbush and DeKalb Avenues in downtown Brooklyn, New York. Opened in 1928, the building has been owned by Long Island University (LIU) since 1954. Converted for use by LIU as classroom space and a gymnasium, the building retains much of the theater's original decorative detail. Until recently the venue operated as a 1200-seat multi-purpose arena, formerly home to the Brooklyn Kings basketball team. It is now in the planning stages of a renovation to reopen the theater as a performing arts venue in 2019.
Westbeth Artists Housing is a nonprofit housing and commercial complex dedicated to providing affordable living and working space for artists and arts organizations in New York City. Its campus comprises the full city block bounded by West, Bethune, Washington and Bank Streets in the West Village neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City; the complex is named for two of these streets, West and Bethune.
NRHP reference number: 09001085
The Mineshaft was a members-only BDSM gay bar and sex club located at 835 Washington Street, at Little West 12th Street, in Manhattan, New York City, in the Meatpacking District, West Village, and Greenwich Village sections.
Eastern District High School is a defunct high school in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York, originally located at Driggs Avenue and South 3rd Street, then 227 Marcy Avenue, and finally 850 Grand Street. It was a comprehensive high school. It remained in service from the turn of the 20th Century until the city closed the school in Spring of 1996.
The Ariel East and Ariel West are a pair of apartment buildings on either side of Broadway at 99th Street, the tallest buildings on Manhattan's predominantly residential Upper West Side. Ariel East is at 2628 Broadway, and West is at 245 West 99th Street.
Malcolm X and Dr. Betty Shabazz Memorial and Educational Center (Q6742732) OSM candidate matches multiple Wikidata items [show on map]
Max's Kansas City was a nightclub and restaurant at 213 Park Avenue South in New York City, which became a gathering spot for musicians, poets, artists and politicians in the 1960s and 1970s. It was opened by Mickey Ruskin (1933–1983) in December 1965, and closed in 1981.
The Chester A. Arthur Home was the residence of the 21st President of the United States, Chester A. Arthur (1829–1886), both before and after his four years in Washington D.C. while serving as Vice President and then as President. Located at 123 Lexington Avenue in New York City, Arthur spent most of his adult life living in the residence. While Vice President, Arthur retreated to this house after the July 2, 1881 shooting of President James Garfield. Arthur was in residence here when Garfield died on September 19, and took the presidential oath of office in this building. A commemorative bronze plaque was placed inside the building in 1964 by the Native New Yorkers Historical Society and New York Life Insurance, and the house was designated a National Historic Landmark on January 12, 1965.
NRHP reference number: 66000534
The Norwegian Seamen's Church in New York (Norwegian: Sjømannskirken i New York ) is a Lutheran church serving Norwegian sailors, residents, and visitors in the greater New York City area. The church is located in 317 East 52nd Street on the east side of Manhattan in New York City. It was once located in Carroll Gardens
NRHP reference number: 06000025
IESE Business School is the graduate business school of the University of Navarra. Founded in 1958 in Barcelona, where its main campus is located,IESE in 1963 formed an alliance with Harvard Business School (HBS) and launched the first two-year MBA program in Europe. IESE is today one of the world’s leading business schools, with campuses in Barcelona, Madrid, Munich, New York and São Paulo.
The Alexander Macomb House (demolished) at 39–41 Broadway in Manhattan served as the second Presidential Mansion. President George Washington occupied it from February 23 to August 30, 1790, during New York City's two-year term as the national capital.
Astroland is an 3.1-acre (1.3 ha) abandoned amusement park in Coney Island, Brooklyn, New York City that first opened in 1962. It was located at 1000 Surf Avenue (at the corner of West 10th Street) on the boardwalk. It ceased operations on September 7, 2008.
The 12 rowhouses at 322–344 East 69th Street are located on the south side of that street between First and Second avenues on the Upper East Side of the New York City borough of Manhattan. They are Neo-Grec brownstone structures built around 1879, in two sets designed by different architects.
NRHP reference number: 84002793
Papaya King is a pair of fast food take-out restaurants in New York City.
463 West Street is a 13-building complex located on the block between West Street, Washington Street, Bank Street, and Bethune Street in Manhattan, New York. It was originally the home of Bell Telephone Laboratories between 1898 and 1966. For a time, it was the largest industrial research center in the United States. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places and further designated as a National Historic Landmark, as Bell Telephone Laboratories.
NRHP reference number: 75001202
Andrews United Methodist Church is a historic Methodist church at 95 Richmond Street in Cypress Hills, Brooklyn, New York, United States. It is now Andrews Ghana Wesley United Methodist Church. It was built in 1893 and is a one-story, asymmetrical orange brick church in the Queen Anne style. It features a massive rose window on the front facade and a three-story, square bell tower. The interior is arranged on the Akron Plan. Attached to the church is a two-story Sunday school wing. Also on the property is the original church parsonage It is a two-story frame dwelling built in 1878-1879 in the Italianate style.
NRHP reference number: 91001977
The Francis F. Palmer House (also known as the George F. Baker Jr. House) is a mansion located at 75 East 93rd Street in New York City, designed by the architects Delano & Aldrich and constructed for Francis F. Palmer in 1918. The financier George F. Baker, Jr. purchased the house in May 1926, and in October 1927 added No. 69 East 93rd St. to his holdings. Baker engaged Delano & Aldrich to design several additions: an annex on Park Avenue; a ballroom wing; a house for staff at No. 69 (completed in 1929); and a separate townhouse at No. 67 (completed in 1931). The placement of the original house, the ballroom and the staff quarters form a small courtyard facing East 93rd Street.
Beth El Jewish Center of Flatbush is a historic synagogue at 1981 Homecrest Ave. in Flatbush, Brooklyn, New York, New York. It was built in 1927 and is a two-story plus basement, rectangular red brick building with decorative white glazed terra cotta trim. It has a tripartite front facade with a central parapet. It features Byzantine and Gothic Revival decorative elements.
NRHP reference number: 09000377