Latest matcher run: Fri, 06 Apr 2018 20:13
Wikidata tags already added to OSM with this tool.
25 candidates found (22 with multiple matches)
[Filter: only multiple matches]
Language order preference. edit
Starting its activities in 1813, the Royal Conservatory of Brussels (French: Conservatoire royal de Bruxelles, Dutch: Koninklijk Muziekconservatorium) received its official name in 1832. Providing performing music and drama courses, the institution became renowned partly because of the international reputation of its successive directors such as François-Joseph Fétis, François-Auguste Gevaert, Edgar Tinel, Joseph Jongen or Marcel Poot, but more because it has been attended by many of the top musicians, actors and artists in Belgium such as Arthur Grumiaux, José Van Dam, Sigiswald Kuijken, Josse De Pauw, Luk van Mello and Luk De Konink. Adolphe Sax, inventor of the saxophone, also studied at the Brussels Conservatory.
The Madou metro station is a Brussels metro station on the northern segment of line 2. It opened on 20 December 1970, then serving a premetro line, and became a heavy metro station when this line was converted on 2 October 1988. The station is located under the small ring at Madou Plaza in the municipality of the Saint-Josse-ten-Noode. It is near the Flemish Parliament and Madou Plaza Tower.
Parc/Park station is a station on the Brussels Metro, is located beneath the Brussels Park in the center of Brussels. It is served by lines 1 and 5.
The Trône/Troon metro station is an Brussels metro station on the southern segment of line 2. It opened as a premetro on 20 December 1970 under the name of Luxembourg. The station became a heavy metro on 2 October 1988 and its name changed to its name to reflect the neighboring Place du Trône/Troonplein. The station is located under the small ring in the municipality of the City of Brussels and is near the Royal Palace of Brussels.
The Louise/Louiza metro station is a Brussels metro station on the southern segment of lines 2 and 6. It opened on 19 August 1985 and is located under the small ring at the end of Avenue Louise in the municipality of the City of Brussels.
Kunst-Wet (Dutch) or Arts-Loi (French) is a Brussels metro station in the City of Brussels. It is located under the intersection of "Rue de la Loi/Wetstraat" and "Avenue des Arts/Kunstlaan", the latter street being part of the "inner ring". The station's lower level was opened on 17 December 1969, although at that time the station served tram rather than railway lines. The first metro train stopped here on 20 September 1976. There was then only one metro line (line 1) split into two branches at Merode.
The Bourse/Beurs premetro station is an underground tram station in Brussels, Belgium located in the city center under the Boulevard Anspach next to the Brussels Stock Exchange, after which it is named. It is also located meters from the Grand Place. Brussels trams stopping at that station are the lines 3 and 4 as well as evening services 31, 32 and 33. The station in part of the North-South axis between Brussels-North railway station and Albert premetro station. A connection with bus routes 46, 48, 86 and 95 is possible at ground level.
The Hôtel des Monnaies/Munthof is a Brussels metro station on the southern segment of line 2. It opened on 2 October 1988 and is located under the small ring near the University Medical Centre of Saint Peter in the municipality of Saint-Gilles / Sint-Gillis. It is on the Rue de l'Hôtel des Monnaies/Munthofstraat, after which it is named, where Belgian currency used to be minted. During the construction, work on the metro tunnels ran up against the foundations of the old town walls, which ran 10 metres beneath ground level - these walls now form part of the station.
The Anneessens premetro station is an underground tram station in the municipality of the City of Brussels in the city center of Brussels, Belgium. The station is located under the Anneessens square along the Maurice Lemonnier boulevard. It is on the North-South Axis, a tram tunnel crossing the city center from the Brussels-North railway station to the Albert premetro station. Tram routes 3 and 4, as well as evening routes 31, 32 and 33 stop at this station.
The Porte de Hal/Hallepoort metro station is a double Brussels metro/premetro station; one station on the southern segment of metro line 2/6 and one premetro station on the North-South axis. The metro station opened on 2 October 1988 and the premetro station opened on 3 December 1993 (the metro operates one level below the premetro lines).
The Schuman-Josaphat tunnel is a 1,250 metres (4,100 ft) double track rail tunnel in Brussels, which entered into service on 4 April 2016. It links line 161 (Brussels-Namur) just after Meiser station and line 26 (Halle-Vilvoorde) at the Cinquantenaire/Jubelpark tunnel just before Schuman station. The line is numbered L161A. A key component of the Brussels RER project, it passes beneath avenue Plasky/Plaskylaan, place de Jamblinne de Meux/Jamblinne de Meuxplein and the Cortenbergh/Kortenberg road tunnel. The position of the tunnel in the Brussels rail network is shown in the simplified map on the right. Benefits of the project include:
The Galerie Borthier, Galerie Bortier (French) or Bortiergalerij (Dutch) in Brussels is a shopping arcade designed by Jean-Pierre Cluysenaer. It was constructed in 1847 and opened in the following year. It is situated in the centre of the City of Brussels between the Mont des Arts / Kunstberg and the Grand Place / Grote Markt not far from the more monumental Royal Galleries of Saint-Hubert.
The Yser/IJzer metro station is an Brussels metro station on the northern segment of line 2. It opened on 2 October 1988 and is located under the small ring between Place Yser/IJzerplein and Porte d'Anvers/Antwerpsepoort in the municipality of the City of Brussels.
The Maelbeek or Maalbeek (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈmaːlbeːk]) is a stream that runs through several municipalities in Brussels, including Etterbeek, Ixelles, St-Josse-ten-Noode, Schaerbeek. It is a tributary of the Zenne, which it joins up in Schaerbeek, from its source located to the south near the Abbey of La Cambre. The name Maalbeek, (meaning mill brook), comes from the Dutch words beek (meaning brook) and maal (meaning to mill). Molenbeek has a similar derivation. It was vaulted in 1872, at which time there were 58 ponds along the stream. Nowadays, only six are left: the ponds of the Abbey of La Cambre; of Ixelles (two); of Leopold Park; of Marie-Louise Square; and of Josaphat Park.