Latest matcher run: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 01:29
Wikidata tags already added to OSM with this tool.
160 candidates found
Language order preference. edit
The following matches are less certain, mostly because the OSM and Wikidata locations are two far apart.
The Municipality of Metropolitan Toronto was an upper tier level of municipal government in Ontario, Canada from 1954 to 1998. It was made up of the old city of Toronto and numerous townships, towns and villages that surrounded Toronto, which were starting to urbanise rapidly after World War II. It was commonly referred to as "Metro Toronto" or "Metro".
Pinewood Toronto Studios (formerly known as Filmport) is a major film and television studio complex in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and is the largest of its kind in Canada. It is the first in Toronto capable of accommodating the production of large blockbuster movies. The studio is named for UK-based The Pinewood Studios Group. In March 2018 it was announced that Bell Media would be buying a controlling stake in the studio.
Der Al Green Sculpture Park ist ein Skulpturenpark im Stadtviertel Davisville der kanadischen Stadt Toronto.
Avondale Alternative Secondary School is a public alternative school in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It teaches grades 9 through 12. ASAS and its family schools, Avondale Elementary School and Avondale Alternative Elementary School, are part of the Toronto District School Board. Prior to 1998, the schools were part of the North York Board of Education. The school is temporarily housed (as of 2019) in the former Silverview Public School building on 24 Silverview Drive.
The Horse Palace is a heritage building at Exhibition Place in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, containing stables, a horse ring and various agencies. It was constructed to support the equestrian events of the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair (Winter Fair). The ornamentation of the building is considered a fine example of Art Deco. It is a listed heritage building.
Downsview is a neighbourhood in the north end of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, located in the district of North York. The area takes its name from the Downs View farm established around 1842 near the present-day intersection of Keele Street and Wilson Avenue. It now extends beyond the intersection of Sheppard Avenue and Dufferin Street, though it is popularly seen as including the areas to the north right up to the Toronto city limit at Steeles Avenue. The area includes several large post-World War II subdivisions. Within the area is Downsview Airport, the former site of Canadian Forces Base Downsview, which has since been largely converted following the end of the Cold War into an urban park known as Downsview Park. The airport is still used as a manufacturing and testing facility for Bombardier Aerospace.
Maryvale is a neighbourhood in the Scarborough section of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is located on the edge of Scarborough with its western border being Victoria Park Avenue. To the north it is bordered by Highway 401, to the east by Warden and to the south by the railroad tracks.
Lawrence Park is a neighbourhood in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is bordered by Yonge Street to the west and Bayview Avenue to the east, and from Blythwood Ravine on the south to Lawrence Avenue on the north. Lawrence Park was one of Toronto's first planned garden suburbs. Begun in the early part of the 20th century, it did not fully develop until after the Second World War. It was ranked the wealthiest neighbourhood in all of Canada in 2011.
Rouge is a neighbourhood in the northeastern area of Toronto, Ontario, within the former city of Scarborough. It is Toronto's largest neighbourhood by surface area, however unlike other neighbourhoods, most of its area remains undeveloped, as the neighbourhood is adjacent to Rouge National Urban Park.
Maple Leaf Square is a multi-use complex and public square located in the South Core neighbourhood of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is located to the west of the Scotiabank Arena on the former Railway Lands. The $500 million development was jointly developed by Cadillac Fairview, Lanterra and Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE), who own the nearby Scotiabank Arena. The complex has 1,800,000 square feet (170,000 m2) of usable space covering 2.1 acres (0.85 ha) on one city block.
Scarborough City Centre is a commercial district in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Once considered the city centre for the former city of Scarborough, which was amalgamated with the rest of Toronto in 1998, the city centre remains as one of the major business districts outside Downtown Toronto.
Humber Loop is a station and intermediate turning loop for streetcars on the 501 Queen line of the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC). It is located between the Gardiner Expressway and The Queensway just west of the Humber River in Toronto. The loop is accessed by a private right-of-way that connects tracks eastbound to The Queensway and westbound to Lake Shore Boulevard. The 501 streetcar is split here; higher capacity streetcars head east from here to Neville Park Loop, and shorter CLRV streetcars head west from here to Long Branch Loop.
The Toronto Cricket Skating and Curling Club is a private sport and social club located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The Club offers a variety of sporting and social programs including aquatics, cricket, croquet, curling, fitness classes, lawn bowling, figure skating, squash and tennis. The Club also provides additional services including daycare, children's camps, health services, and social events for adults and children.
Commerce Court is a complex of four office buildings on King and Bay Streets in the financial district of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, The primary tenant is the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) which has its headquarters in the building. The buildings are a mix of Art Deco, International, and early Modernism architectural styles.
The Adelaide Street Court House, or York County Court House, is a historic former courthouse located at 57 Adelaide Street East in the St. Lawrence neighbourhood of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It served as a court house from 1852 until 1900. It currently houses Terroni restaurant.
The Gooderham Building, also known as the Flatiron Building, is an historic office building at 49 Wellington Street East in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is located on the eastern edge of the city's Financial District (east of Yonge Street) in the St. Lawrence neighbourhood, wedged between Front Street and Wellington Street in Downtown Toronto, where they join up to form a triangular intersection. Completed in 1892, the red-brick edifice was an early example of a prominent flatiron building.
Upper Canada College (UCC), located in Toronto, Ontario, is a private school for boys between Senior Kindergarten and Grade Twelve, operating under the International Baccalaureate program. The secondary school segment is divided into ten houses; eight are for day students and the remaining two are for boarding students. Aside from the main structure, with its dominant clock tower, the Toronto campus has a number of sports facilities, staff and faculty residences, and buildings for other purposes. UCC also owns and operates a campus in Norval, Ontario, for outdoor education.
The Centennial Park Stadium is a 2,200 seat capacity stadium in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is primarily used for soccer, track and field, football and occasionally for kabbadi. The park is also used for the ROPSSAA football finals and the PSAA (Private Schools Athletic Association) on the first Monday of May for an annual Track and Field Meet.
Dufferin Gate Loop is a Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) bus station and turning loop for streetcars near the southern end of Dufferin Street in Toronto. During the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE) this becomes a primary access point for visitors entering Exhibition Place via the Dufferin Gates. This west entrance to the CNE can be reached by the Dufferin Street bridges across the Lakeshore West railway corridor and Gardiner Expressway.
The Toronto Eaton Centre (corporately styled as the CF Toronto Eaton Centre since September 2015, and commonly referred to simply as the Eaton Centre) is a shopping mall and office complex in Downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is owned and managed by Cadillac Fairview (CF). It was named after the Eaton's department store chain that once anchored it before the chain became defunct in the late 1990s.
The Scarborough Bluffs, also known as The Bluffs, is an escarpment in the Scarborough district of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. There are nine parks along the bluffs, with Bluffers Park being the only one with a beach. Forming much of the eastern portion of Toronto's waterfront, the Scarborough Bluffs stands above the shoreline of Lake Ontario. At its highest point, the escarpment rises 90 metres (300 ft) above the coastline and spans a length of 15 kilometres (9.3 mi).
High Park Loop is a turning loop and the western terminus of the 506 Carlton streetcar line of the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) in Toronto. Streetcars enter westbound straight from Howard Park Avenue across to the west side of Parkside Drive and into the loop at the east entrance to High Park, turn anticlockwise through the loop, and return eastbound through the intersection.
Parkdale is a neighbourhood and former village in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, west of downtown. The neighbourhood is bounded on the west by Roncesvalles Avenue, on the north by the CP Rail line where it crosses Queen Street and Dundas Street. It is bounded on the east by Dufferin Street from Queen Street south, and on the south by Lake Ontario. The original village incorporated an area north of Queen Street, east of Roncesvalles from Fermanagh east to the main rail lines, today known as part of the Roncesvalles neighbourhood. The village area was roughly one square kilometer in area. The City of Toronto extends the neighbourhood boundaries to the east, south of the CP Rail lines, east to Atlantic Avenue, as far south as the CN Rail lines north of Exhibition Place, the part south of King Street commonly known as the western half of Liberty Village neighbourhood.
Davenport is a neighbourhood northwest of downtown in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is north of the Canadian Pacific Railway tracks and Dupont Avenue and south of Davenport Road and the ridge that is the former Lake Iroquois coastline. Its eastern boundary is Bathurst Street and it stretches west to Lansdowne Avenue.
The Keele Campus of York University in the North York district of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, occupies roughly 1 square kilometre of land and is situated between Jane Street to the west, Keele Street to the east, Steeles Avenue West to the north and Finch Avenue West to the south. The campus itself is located in North York (formerly the City of North York), now a census division within the City of Toronto. It is the largest post-secondary campus in Canada at 457 acres.
Residences of College Park is a skyscraper complex in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The north and south towers were completed in 2006 and 2008, respectively, and stand 155 and 140 m (509 and 459 ft) on Bay Street just south of College Street near the historic College Park department store. A third phase of the development, known as Aura is under construction on the Yonge Street side of the site; this larger tower will be the tallest condominium in Canada when completed.
Bracondale Hill, also known as Hillcrest, is an residential neighbourhood located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Annexed by the old City of Toronto in 1909 and developed in 1911 from the Turner estate, Bracondale Hill is on the eastern border of West End Toronto; neighbouring Midtown (east of Bathurst), stretching above Davenport Road and below St. Clair Avenue West.
The Arcade Building is a ten-storey office building with ground-floor retail in downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is known for the colourful LED lighting that has adorned its facade since 2008. The site was previously an indoor shopping arcade.
Finch Hotel opened in 1848 by John Finch on Lot # 2, Concession # 1 (200 acres (81 ha)), Toronto owned by Thomas Johnson since the late 1790s.
CPR Toronto Yard is a facility located in northeast Toronto, Ontario, Canada, often incorrectly referred to as Agincourt Yard because it is located in Agincourt, a neighbourhood of Toronto.
Morningside, also known as Seven Oaks, is a neighbourhood in the city of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is located to the north-east of downtown Toronto, in the former suburb of Scarborough. Morningside is bordered by Highway 401 to the north, Morningside Avenue to the east, West Highland Creek and Lawrence Avenue to the south and Scarborough Golf Club Road to the west.
OCAD University ( OH-kad), formerly the Ontario College of Art and Design, is a public university located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The school is within the Grange Park neighbourhood, and adjacent to the Art Gallery of Ontario. The school is Canada's largest and oldest educational institution for art and design. OCAD U offers courses through the Faculties of Art, Design, Liberal Arts and Sciences, and alternative programs. The enabling legislation is Ontario College of Art and Design University Act, 2002.
Greektown, also known as The Danforth, is a commercial-residential neighbourhood and ethnic enclave in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is located on Danforth Avenue, between Chester Avenue and Dewhurst Boulevard, in east Toronto. Named after Asa Danforth, Jr., an American contractor who designed Queen Street and Kingston Road, the area is known for its architecture dating back to as early as 1910, and for its number of Greek restaurants and stores. The area was one of the major settlement areas of Greek immigrants to Toronto after World War I.
Canada's Walk of Fame (French: Allée des célébrités canadiennes) in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, is a walk of fame that acknowledges the achievements and accomplishments of Canadians who have excelled in their respective fields.
East York was a former administrative district and municipality within Toronto, Ontario, Canada. From 1967 to 1998, it was officially the Borough of East York, a semi-autonomous borough within the upper-tier municipality of Metropolitan Toronto. The borough was dissolved in 1998, when it was amalgamated with the other lower-tier municipalities of Metropolitan Toronto to form the new "megacity" of Toronto. Prior to its amalgamation, East York was Canada's last remaining borough.
205 Yonge Street was formerly a four-story Bank of Toronto building built in 1905 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It was designated under the Ontario Heritage Act in 1975. The E.J. Lennox structure has a domed roof and Corinthian columns on the front, and is an example of neo-classical architecture. It is currently closed to the public, and is in the process of being refurbished, with 17,423 square feet (1,618.6 m2) of space.
Heaslip House is located at 297 Victoria Street, Toronto. It is home to The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education at Ryerson University. A new 7 storey addition, designed by Rounthwaite Dick & Hadley Architects, opened in the fall of 2005. It incorporates the facade of the O’Keefe House, a four-storey building which was designed by Toronto architect Alfred H. Chapman in 1938-1939 for tycoon E.P. Taylor's Canadian Breweries Limited's head office.
Humbermede, often called Emery, is a neighbourhood of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Humbermede, like many of the "Humber" neighbourhoods in the city, gets its name from the Humber River. It is bounded on the west by the Humber, on the north by Finch Avenue, on the east by the Highway 400 and on the south by Sheppard Avenue West.
Humewood–Cedarvale is an area of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, consisting of the wealthy Cedarvale in the north and the upper middle class Humewood in the south, divided by Vaughan Road and Cedarvale Ravine. The neighbourhood is bordered by Bathurst Street on the east, Eglinton Avenue to the north, Arlington Avenue to the west, and St. Clair Avenue to the south. Humewood is also known as "The Woods" because of its many streets that have names ending with "-wood", including Wychwood, Humewood, Cherrywood, Valewood, Maplewood, Wellwood, Kenwood, and Pinewood. The neighbourhood's main commercial area is along St. Clair Ave. W.
The Centre for Medieval Studies (CMS) is a research centre at the University of Toronto in Canada dedicated to the history, thought, and artistic expression of the cultures that flourished during the Middle Ages.
The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM, French: Musée royal de l'Ontario) is a museum of art, world culture and natural history in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is one of the largest museums in North America and the largest in Canada. It attracts more than one million visitors every year, making the ROM the most-visited in Canada. The museum is north of Queen's Park, in the University of Toronto district, with its main entrance on Bloor Street West. The Museum subway station of the Toronto Transit Commission is named after the ROM and, since a 2008 renovation, is decorated to resemble the institution's collection.
Metro Toronto Convention Centre (originally and still colloquially Metro Convention Centre, and sometimes MTCC), is a convention complex located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada along Front Street West in the former Railway Lands in Downtown Toronto. The property is today owned by Oxford Properties. The centre is operated by the Metropolitan Toronto Convention Centre Corporation, an independent agency of the Government of Ontario.
North York is an administrative area and former city in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is located directly north of Old Toronto, between Etobicoke to the west and Scarborough to the east. As of the 2011 Census, it had a population of 655,913. It was first created as a township in 1922 out of the northern part of the former city of York, a municipality that was located along the western border of Old Toronto. Following its inclusion in Metropolitan Toronto in 1954, it was one of the fastest growing parts of the region due to its proximity to Old Toronto. It was declared a borough in 1967, and later became a city in 1979, attracting high-density residences, rapid transit, and a number of corporate headquarters in North York City Centre, its central business district. In 1998, North York was amalgamated with the rest of Metropolitan Toronto to form the new city of Toronto, and has since been a secondary economic hub outside Downtown Toronto.
Hudson's Bay Centre is an office and retail complex in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is located in Downtown Toronto at the intersection of Yonge Street and Bloor Street at the east end of the Mink Mile. Brookfield Properties owns and operates the centre. The centre is composed of a 35-storey office tower, a Hudson's Bay department store and a retail concourse.
The Manulife Centre is located on the southeast corner of Bay and Bloor streets, along the Mink Mile and adjacent to the southern edge of the Yorkville district of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It consists of a 51-storey 800-suite luxury residential tower at 44 Charles Street and a shorter tower at 55 Bloor Street West, connected by a retail complex on the main floor and basement.
Telus Harbour, formerly Telus House, formerly Union Tower, is a 30-storey office skyscraper at 25 York Street, on the south side of the traditionally defined financial district of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Anchor tenant Telus will occupy 60 percent of the rentable area.
299 Queen Street West, also known as Bell Media Queen Street, is the headquarters of the television/radio broadcast hub of Bell Canada's media unit, Bell Media located at the intersection of Queen Street West and John Street in Downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The building previously served as the headquarters of CTVglobemedia until Bell Canada acquired CTV again in 2011 as well as CHUM Television, a division of CHUM Limited, until CTV acquired CHUM in 2007, and was once known as the CHUM-City Building. It is now head offices and downtown Toronto studios for Bell Media.
Toronto Public Library (TPL) (French: Bibliothèque publique de Toronto) is a public library system in Toronto, Ontario. It is the largest public library system in Canada and in 2008, had averaged a higher circulation per capita than any other public library system internationally, making it the largest neighbourhood-based library system in the world. Within North America, it also had the highest circulation and visitors when compared to other large urban systems. Established as the library of the Mechanics' Institute in 1830, the Toronto Public Library now consists of 100 branch libraries and has over 12 million items in its collection.
The Anglican St. James Cemetery is the oldest cemetery in Toronto still in operation, being opened in 1844 as the burial ground for St. James Cathedral.
Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH), is a community teaching hospital located at 825 Coxwell Avenue in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
The Toronto Reference Library is located at 789 Yonge Street, one block north of Bloor Street, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Formerly the Metropolitan Toronto Reference Library, the name was changed in 1998 when it was incorporated into the Toronto Public Library system. The library operated separately before the amalgamation of the City of Toronto and surrounding boroughs in 1998. It is one of the three largest libraries in the city along with the Robarts Library at the University of Toronto and Scott Library at York University.
Yorkdale Shopping Centre, or simply Yorkdale, is a major retail shopping mall in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is located several kilometres northwest of Downtown Toronto at the interchange of Highway 401 and Allen Road, adjacent to the Yorkdale subway station in the former city of North York.
Yorkville Town Hall was the municipal building for the Town of Yorkville before annexation into the City of Toronto. Built in 1859-1860 by architect William Hay and his apprentice Henry Langley, the three-storey building served as an omnibus stop. The hall was located north of Bloor on Yonge Street on the west side.
The Dufferin Street bridges are two inter-connected vehicular bridges in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The bridges carry Dufferin Street over a railway corridor and the Gardiner Expressway to Exhibition Place. The bridges closed to vehicular traffic in 2013. Temporary structures will be built in 2013-2014 to allow a resumption of traffic in early 2014. Beginning in 2016 the bridges will be completely rebuilt to allow more tracks to cross underneath and create a single span to the CNE grounds.
The Beltline Trail is a 9 km cycling and walking rail trail in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It consists of three sections, the York Beltline Trail west of Allen Road, the Kay Gardner Beltline Park from the Allen to Mount Pleasant Road, and the Ravine Beltline Trail south of Mount Pleasant Cemetery through the Moore Park Ravine. Built on the former right-of-way of the Toronto Belt Line Railway, the linear park passes through the neighbourhoods of Rosedale, Moore Park, Forest Hill, Chaplin Estates, and Fairbank.
Woodbine Centre is a shopping mall in the Rexdale area of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is located across Rexdale Boulevard from Woodbine Racetrack in the former city of Etobicoke. In 2015, they celebrated their 30th birthday.
Woody's on Church is a gay bar located in Toronto's gay village.
Allan I. Carswell Astronomical Observatory formerly known as the York University Astronomical Observatory is an astronomical observatory owned and operated by York University. It is located in the North York district of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Opened in 1969, York's observatory is opened to both researchers and amateur astronomers. The observatory was renamed Allan Ian Carswell Astronomical Observatory in 2017 after York University Emeritus Professor of Physics Allan Carswell.
Willowdale is a neighbourhood in the city of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, located in the district of North York. It developed from three postal villages: Newtonbrook, Willowdale and Lansing.
Newtonbrook is a neighbourhood in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. In the 19th century, it was a separate municipality. It is located in the area around Yonge Street and Finch Avenue in the district of North York between the east and west branches of the Don River. North York was a city that was merged with five other municipalities to form the amalgamated "new" City of Toronto in 1998.
North Toronto Collegiate Institute (North Toronto CI, NTCI. or North Toronto) is a non-semestered, public high school institution for over 1,200 students located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The School is operated and governed by the Toronto District School Board. From its founding until 1998, it was overseen by the Toronto Board of Education.
Northern Secondary School is a public high school in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It teaches grades 9 through 12. It is a part of the Toronto District School Board (TDSB). Prior to Amalgamation of Toronto in 1998, it was within the Toronto Board of Education (TBE). The closest TTC subway station is Eglinton.
O'Keefe House is the former mansion owned by Eugene O'Keefe, which serves as a residence for Ryerson University. The house became a residence in 1963, and holds 33 residents on three floors. It is located at 137 Bond St. in Toronto, Canada.
Oakham House is a historic building in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The house is located at the southwest corner of Gould and Church streets. It was designed by architect William Thomas as his own residence and office and completed in 1848. Today it is the middle of and owned by Ryerson University. The upper level consists of a cafe used by students and faculty, while the lower level is home to a student pub. The building is also used by the university to hold events and receptions.
One Yonge Street (also known as the Toronto Star Building) is a 25-storey office building that serves as the headquarters of Torstar and its flagship newspaper, the Toronto Star. It is 100 metres tall, and is built in the International style. It was built as a replacement to the Old Toronto Star Building, which was located at 80 King Street West. That building was torn down to make room for First Canadian Place.
The Eglinton Theatre, (or Eglinton Grand) is an event venue and cinema in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. In 2016, it was designated a National Historic Site by Parks Canada and the Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada.
Three Way Piece No.2: Archer is a large sculpture by the British artist Henry Moore. Two casts exist: cast 1 in Toronto, cast 2 owned by the National Gallery, Berlin. The work is 340 cm long and 325 cm high. A plaster cast of the work was also made, and was shown in June 1965 at the Queen's Theatre in London as part of a memorial service to T.S. Eliot.
St. Patrick's Market is one of three public markets created in Toronto in the 19th century along with St. Lawrence Market and St. Andrew's Market. The lot at what is now 238 Queen Street West (at John Street) was designated for a public market for St. Patrick's Ward in 1836 when D’Arcy Boulton bequeathed the property to the city with the express provision that it was to be used forever as a public market. The original market building, a two-story structure with a tower, was built in 1854. The current single story structure was built in 1912, after the previous structure was destroyed by fire, and was leased from 1929 or earlier to A. Stork & Sons, a live poultry slaughterhouse which offered "fresh killed poultry and cut up chickens" for sale on the premises. Stork & Sons closed in the 1980s and, in 1988, the city signed a 50-year lease with Market Inc. to host a "exciting retail mini food market" with "an ambiance similar to the St. Lawrence Market", including a bakery, and stands selling meat, seafood, fruit, vegetables and "food stands with prepared and unprepared meals within its market".
The Automotive Building, known as the Beanfield Centre since March 2017 and formerly the Allstream Centre, is a heritage building at Exhibition Place in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, containing event and conference space. In the 1920s, as a result of burgeoning interest in automobiles, additional exhibition space for automotive exhibits during the annual Canadian National Exhibition (CNE) was needed. A design competition was held, and the winning design was submitted by Toronto architect Douglas Kertland. The building opened in 1929, and the "National Motor Show" exhibit of automobiles was held in the building until 1967. It was also used for trade shows. When it opened, it was claimed to be "the largest structure in North America designed exclusively to display passenger vehicles".
The Princes' Gates is a triumphal arch monumental gateway at Exhibition Place in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It was built to commemorate the 60th anniversary of Canadian confederation and was to be named The Diamond Jubilee of Confederation Gates. The structure's name was changed when it was learned that Edward, Prince of Wales and Prince George were travelling to Toronto. The princes cut the ribbon on the structure on August 30, 1927.
The Odeon Theatre Toronto was a movie theatre located at 20 Carlton Street in Toronto, Ontario. Designed by architect Jay English and operating between 1949 and 1973, the theatre was the Canadian flagship of Odeon Cinemas and one of Toronto's best examples of Streamline Moderne architecture.
Alexander Muir Memorial Gardens is a municipal park in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The park was created in 1933 by public subscription to honour Alexander Muir, who composed the song "The Maple Leaf Forever". The park was originally located opposite Mount Pleasant Cemetery on Yonge Street, but was moved to its present location in 1951 due to the construction of the Yonge subway. Today the park is in Toronto's Lawrence Park neighbourhood south of Lawrence Avenue with an entrance on the east side of Yonge Street.
Guild Park and Gardens is a public park in the Scarborough district of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The park was formerly the site of an artist colony and is notable for its collection of relics saved from the demolition of buildings primarily in downtown Toronto arranged akin to ancient ruins. Located on the Scarborough Bluffs, Guild Park and Gardens has an outdoor Greek stage and a 19th-century log cabin among the oldest in Toronto. The principal building in the park is the Guild Inn, a former inn and estate mansion.
Le TD Canada Trust Tower est un gratte-ciel de bureaux de 227 mètres de hauteur (hauteur du toit) construit à Toronto en 1990. Avec la flèche la hauteur totale est de 261 mètres. L'immeuble fait partie du complexe de la place brookfield où se trouve aussi la Bay Wellington Tower.
York University (French: Université York) is a public research university in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is Canada's third-largest university. York University has approximately 52,300 students, 7,000 faculty and staff, and 295,000 alumni worldwide. It has eleven faculties, including the Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies, Faculty of Science, Lassonde School of Engineering, Schulich School of Business, Osgoode Hall Law School, Glendon College, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Health, Faculty of Environmental Studies, Faculty of Graduate Studies, the School of the Arts, Media, Performance and Design (formerly the Faculty of Fine Arts), and 28 research centres. The Keele campus is also home to a satellite location of Seneca College.
Broadview is a subway station on the Bloor–Danforth line in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The entrance to the building is from Broadview Avenue just north of Danforth Avenue.
Brookfield Place (formerly BCE Place) is an office complex in downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada, comprising the 2.1 ha (5.2-acre) block bounded by Yonge Street, Wellington Street West, Bay Street, and Front Street. The complex contains 242,000 m2 (2,604,866 sq ft) of office space, and consists of two towers, Bay Wellington Tower and TD Canada Trust Tower, linked by the Allen Lambert Galleria. Brookfield Place is also the home of the Hockey Hall of Fame (housed in an opulent former bank from 1885).
The Canada Life Building is a historic office building in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The fifteen-floor Beaux Arts building was built by Sproatt & Rolph and stands at 285 feet (87 m), 321 feet (97.8 m) including its weather beacon.
Varsity Stadium is a collegiate football stadium located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is home to the Toronto Varsity Blues, the athletic teams of the University of Toronto. Athletic events have been hosted on the site since 1898; the current stadium was built in 2007 to replace the original permanent stadium built in 1911. Varsity Stadium is also a former home of the Toronto Argonauts, and has previously hosted the Grey Cup, the Vanier Cup, the soccer semifinals of the 1976 Summer Olympics, and the final game of the North American Soccer League's 1984 Soccer Bowl series (which was also the last game played by the original NASL).
York University is a subway station on Line 1 Yonge–University of the Toronto subway. It is located on the main Keele Campus of York University, near Ian Macdonald and York Boulevards. The station opened on December 17, 2017.
Finch West is a subway station on the Line 1 Yonge–University of the Toronto subway. It is located under Keele Street, north of Finch Avenue West, and opened on December 17, 2017.
222 Jarvis Street is an office building on Jarvis Street in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The inverted-pyramid-shaped building contains ten storeys and was completed in 1971.
9 Channel Nine Court (alternatively known as the CTV Toronto Studios, CFTO-TV Studios or Bell Media Agincourt and temporarily known as 9 Dave Devall Way) is an office and studio complex owned by Bell Media (formerly CTVglobemedia) in the Agincourt neighbourhood of Scarborough, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The civic address of the complex refers to the over-the-air channel on which CFTO-TV, the building's original tenant, broadcast. It is located at the northwest corner of the intersection of Highway 401 and McCowan Road near the Scarborough City Centre.
Central Technical School (C.T.S.) is a composite high school located at 725 Bathurst Street at Harbord Street in Toronto, Ontario. It is a part of the Toronto District School Board (TDSB). Prior to 1998 it was within the Toronto Board of Education (TBE).
The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (College Street site) is a psychiatric hospital in Toronto, Ontario. It is located at 250 College Street, just east of Spadina Avenue. Much of its work focuses on forensic psychology, sex addiction, drug addiction, and research designed to shape public policy.
Clanton Park, sometimes referred to as Dublin Heights or Wilson Heights, is a neighbourhood in the North York area of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is part of federal and provincial electoral district York Centre, and Toronto electoral wards 9: York Centre (West) and 10: York Centre (East). In 2006, it had a population of 13,035.
Cloverdale Mall is a community shopping centre located in the Etobicoke area of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, at 250 The East Mall (intersection of Dundas Street West and Highway 427). It opened in 1956 as an open-air shopping plaza on what was part of the Eatonville farm.
Colonel Samuel Smith Park is an urban park in the Etobicoke district of Toronto, Ontario, Canada and a former weekend get-away destination for Victorian Torontonians. The park has a variety of attractions, including a children's playground located only steps from Lake Ontario. The park is named for Lieutenant Colonel Samuel Smith and lands were part of his property in the 1800s. The park was developed from the 1970s onwards and opened in 1996.
The Colonial Tavern was one of the most famous jazz venues in Canada from the 1950s till its closure in the late 1970s. It was located at 201–203 Yonge Street in Toronto, Ontario (now an open lot between 197 Yonge Street and 205 Yonge Street) where a historic plaque (now removed) remembered this key jazz venue. The Colonial Tavern was owned and managed by brothers-in-law Mike (Myer) G. Lawrence, Goodwin (Goody) and Harvey Lichtenberg. 197–199 Yonge Street (the former Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce building) and 201–203 Yonge Street were purchased by Sal Parasuco of Montreal, Quebec, who planned to erect a hotel. The properties were sold to MOD Developments of Toronto in January 2012 for the Massey Tower condo project
The Don Mills Centre was a shopping centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It was located on a 44-acre (178,000 m²) commercial site, at the southwest corner of Don Mills Road and Lawrence Avenue East in the planned community of Don Mills. There were at least 98 stores during the height of the mall's existence. The majority of the mall was closed and demolished in summer 2006 for redevelopment as the Shops at Don Mills.
Dufferin Mall is a shopping mall in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is located on the west side of Dufferin Street, south of the intersection of Bloor Street West, in the Brockton Village neighbourhood. It was built in the 1950s on the site of a former race track.
East Danforth, also known as Danforth Village, is a neighbourhood in the east end of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is located on the eastern part of Danforth Avenue in the old city of Toronto. It stretches from the eastern edge of Greektown by Greenwood Avenue to the boundary of Scarborough at Victoria Park Avenue. The area is covered by two business improvement associations, Danforth Village and Danforth Mosaic. To the north of the neighbourhood is Old East York, once a separate municipality, but today closely integrated into the area. The southern border is the railway tracks, beyond which is Leslieville and the Upper Beaches. According to the 2006 census the area has a population of 14,629.
East York Collegiate Institute (East York CI, EYCI, or East York), formerly East York High School is a Toronto high-school located in the former borough of East York at the corner of Coxwell and Cosburn Avenues. The school has ranked 1st in academics and athletics. It is part of the East York Board of Education until 1998 when the board became part of the Toronto District School Board. Its motto is "Honos Per Ministrium" (Honour through Service).
The Ed Mirvish Theatre is a historic film and play theatre in Downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It was initially known as the Pantages Theatre, then became the Imperial Theatre and later the Canon Theatre, before it was renamed in honour of Ed Mirvish, a well-known businessman and theatre impresario. The theatre was first opened in 1920 and is located near Yonge-Dundas Square.
Eglinton Square Shopping Centre is an enclosed shopping mall in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, located at Eglinton Avenue East and Victoria Park Avenue in Scarborough's Golden Mile neighbourhood. It opened in 1954. It is owned by Kingsett Capital and under the management of Bentall Kennedy (Canada) LP. It has approximately 279,000 sq ft (25,900 m2) of retail space with over 80 retail outlets. The mall is located on what was once the site of James Neilson's farm.
Fairview Mall (corporately designated CF Fairview Mall) is a large shopping centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada of about 80,000 m2 (860,000 sq ft). Opened in 1970, the centre has over 180 stores, offices and a cinema complex. It is located several kilometres north-east of downtown, at the northeast corner of Don Mills Road and Sheppard Avenue East in the former borough of North York.
Toronto's First Post Office (or Fourth York Post Office) is an 1834 post office in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is the oldest purpose-built and the only surviving example, of a post office that functioned as a department of the British Royal Mail in Canada. After its use as a post office, it was part of a Roman Catholic boys' school and later a cold storage building. Located at 260 Adelaide Street East, the building now houses a museum and a full-service post office, run by the Town of York Historical Society.
Kerr Hall is a series of four buildings in a square, surrounding Ryerson Community Park, on the campus of Ryerson University in Toronto, Canada. Kerr Hall is on the site of the former Toronto Normal School. All but a portion of the Normal School's front façade was demolished in the late 1950s to enable the construction of:
L'Amoreaux Collegiate Institute (Or L'Am for short) is a public high school in Toronto, located in north-west Scarborough part of the Scarborough Board of Education that is now consolidated into the Toronto District School Board. Founded in 1973, L'Amoreaux has an extended French program, and over three quarters of the students do not use English as their primary language. L'Amoreaux is attended by about 584 students. The motto of the school is Freedom with Responsibility. The principal is Huw Chinnery and the Vice Principals are Roberta Bergman and Petal Farquharson
Parkway Mall (originally Parkway Plaza) is a community-scale shopping centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, located at the southeast corner of Victoria Park Avenue & Ellesmere Road in the Maryvale neighbourhood in the former city of Scarborough.
The Phoenix Concert Theatre is a nightclub and concert venue located at 410 Sherbourne Street in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Pine Point Park is a park in Toronto, Ontario, located on the east end junction of Allenby Avenue and Hadrian Drive, near the intersection of Highway 401 and Islington Avenue. The park itself is bordered by Albion Road to the west, Highway 401 to the south, and Humber River to the east.
Princess Gardens is a neighbourhood in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is located in the western area of Toronto that was formerly the City of Etobicoke. Its boundaries are Eglinton Avenue to the north, Martin Grove to the west, Islington to the east, and Rathburn Road to the south. The southeastern part of this area is the separate neighbourhood of Thorncrest Village. The neighbourhood is divided into two areas. The portion east of Kipling Road is known as Princess Anne Manor while the portion west of Kipling is Princess Margaret Gardens. They are named after The Princess Anne and The Princess Margaret, members of the British Royal family. The southwestern part of the neighbourhood is also sometimes known as Glen Agar.
The Danforth Music Hall (originally Allen's Danforth Theatre) is a music venue and event theatre on Danforth Avenue in the neighbourhood of Riverdale in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is served by Broadview station on the TTC's Bloor-Danforth line. The building was designated as a property of historic interest under the Ontario Heritage Act in 1985.
The Tip Top Tailors Building, now known as the 'Tip Top Lofts' is a former 1920s industrial building converted to condominium lofts in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is located on 637 Lake Shore Boulevard West just west of Bathurst Street, near the waterfront. It was the former headquarters of Tip Top Tailors Ltd., a Canadian menswear retailer.
West Humber Collegiate Institute (WHCI, West Humber) is a public high school in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is situated at the corner of Martin Grove Road and John Garland Blvd., just south of Finch Avenue West in the neighbourhood of Rexdale. Opened in 1966, the institute is owned and operated by the Toronto District School Board. Prior to 1998, it was overseen by the Etobicoke Board of Education.
West Toronto Collegiate Institute (WTCI, West Toronto) is a former public high school in the Brockton Village neighbourhood in Toronto, Ontario, Canada from 1972-2010. It is located at 330 Lansdowne Avenue, just north of College Street. It was owned and operated by the Toronto District School Board (TDSB) and previously by the Toronto Board of Education. The TDSB transferred ownership of West Toronto Collegiate Institute to Conseil scolaire Viamonde (CSV) and the Conseil scolaire de district catholique Centre-Sud (CSDCCS) in October 2011.
The Toronto French School (TFS), founded in 1962, is an independent, bilingual, co-educational, non-denominational school in midtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Elizabeth II, as Queen of Canada, is the royal patron of the school. The school rebranded in 2011 to become TFS – Canada's International School
Don Mills is a mixed-use neighbourhood in the North York district of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It was developed to be a self-supporting "new town" and was at the time located outside Toronto proper. In 1998 there was an amalgamation of municipalities and Don Mills is now part of Toronto proper. Consisting of residential, commercial and industrial sub-districts, it was planned and developed by private enterprise.
Harbourfront Centre is a key cultural organization on the waterfront of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, situated at 235 Queens Quay West. Established as a crown corporation in 1972 by the federal government to create a waterfront park, it became a non-profit organization in 1991. Funding comes from corporate sponsors, government grants, individual donors and entrepreneurial activities. Harbourfront Centre has a seating capacity of 2,000.
The InterContinental Toronto Centre, is a hotel in downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is part of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre complex on Front Street West in the former Railway Lands. The hotel is managed by InterContinental Hotels.
Loretto Abbey Catholic Secondary School (sporadically known as Loretto Abbey CSS, LACSS, Loretto Abbey, LAT, Loretto Abbey Toronto or Abbey) is an all-girls Catholic secondary school in Hogg's Hollow neighbourhood of Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre (SHSC), known simply as Sunnybrook or Sunnybrook Hospital, is an academic health sciences centre located in Toronto, Ontario.
The Crossways is a mixed-use residential/commercial complex in the west end of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, located at the intersection of Bloor Street West and Dundas Street West. It stretches across most of a city block.
The Junction is a neighbourhood in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, that is near the West Toronto Diamond, a junction of four railway lines in the area. The neighbourhood was previously an independent city called West Toronto, that was also its own federal electoral district until amalgamating with the city of Toronto in 1909. The main intersection of the area is Dundas Street West and Keele Street. The Stockyards is the northeastern quadrant of the neighbourhood.
The University of Toronto Faculty of Medicine is the medical school of the University of Toronto. The faculty is based in the Discovery District of Downtown Toronto along with most of its teaching hospitals and research institutes. Founded in 1843, it is one of Canada's oldest institutions of medical studies, and is known for the discovery of insulin and stem cells. The school was ranked 5th in the world and 1st in Canada by the U.S. News and World Education Rankings for Clinical Medicine in 2018, and 11th in the world and 1st in Canada by the QS University Subject Rankings for Medicine in 2018.
University of Toronto Schools (UTS) is an independent secondary day school affiliated with the University of Toronto in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The school follows a specialized academic curriculum, and admission is determined by competitive examination. UTS is associated with two Nobel Prize Laureates.
Victoria Hospital for Sick Children is a building in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The building served as a hospital until 1951 and currently serves as a blood centre. The building has received a Commendation of Adaptive Re-use from the Toronto Historical Board.
Vincent Massey Collegiate Institute (Vincent Massey, VMCI, or Massey) is a former public high school for the Etobicoke Board of Education (now later merged into the Toronto District School Board) located at 105 Eringate Drive in Etobicoke from 1961-1985 and later became the Vincent Massey Centre as an adult school until 1993. Owned by the board's arms-length division, Toronto Lands Corporation, it is one of two schools in Etobicoke to be named for the late Governor General of Canada, the other was Vincent Massey Public School (which also closed in the 1980s).
Walnut Hall was a row of four Georgian-style terraced homes in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Constructed in 1856, it was recognized by both the Government of Canada and the City of Toronto as being of historic significance, but portions of it collapsed and it had to be demolished in 2007 due to neglect. At the time of its demolition, it was Toronto's last remaining complete row of 19th century Georgian townhomes.
The Windsor Arms is a boutique hotel in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is located at 18 St. Thomas St. in the heart of the Yorkville neighbourhood. The hotel includes The Living Room, Court Yard Cafe and a Spa.
Opened in 1968, Rochdale College was an experiment in student-run alternative education and co-operative living in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It provided space for 840 residents in a co-operative living space. It was also a free university where students and teachers would live together and share knowledge. The project ultimately failed when it could not cover its financing and neighbours complained that it had become a haven for drugs and crime. It was closed in 1975.
York Mills is a neighbourhood in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is centred around Yonge Street and York Mills Road located in the district of North York. In 2010, it encompassed the fourth and seventh most affluent postal codes in Canada. It is recognized as a millionaires' mile, alongside the other Toronto neighbourhoods of The Bridlepath, Forest Hill, Lawrence Park, and Rosedale.
École secondaire catholique Saint-Frère-André is a French-language Roman Catholic high school in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
École secondaire Toronto Ouest is a public French-language high school in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The school is operated by the Conseil scolaire Viamonde. It occupies part of the former West Toronto Collegiate building, which it shares with École secondaire catholique Saint-Frère-André, a French-language Roman Catholic high school operated by the Conseil scolaire de district catholique Centre-Sud.
Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club Ground is a cricket ground in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Bingham Loop is a station and turning loop at the eastern terminus of the 502 Downtowner and 503 Kingston Rd streetcar lines of the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC). It lies between Victoria Park Avenue and Bingham Avenue, just north of Kingston Road in Toronto.
Gunns Loop is a station and turning loop at the western terminus of the 512 St. Clair streetcar line of the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC). It is located at the northwest corner of St. Clair Avenue West and Gunns Road, a block west of Keele Street, in Toronto.
The Leaside Bridge, formerly the East York Leaside Viaduct, and officially commemorated as the Confederation Bridge, spans the Don River in the City of Toronto, Ontario. The Truss bridge carrying Millwood Road was built to connect the then Town of Leaside to the then Township of East York, and was completed on October 29, 1927. The construction time of only 10 months was record breaking at the time.
Little Portugal (also known as Portugal Village (Portuguese: Pequeno Portugal / aldeia Portugal) is a neighbourhood and ethnic enclave in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is located west of downtown in the "Old" City of Toronto. It is bound on the west by Lansdowne Avenue, on the north by College Street, on the east by Bathurst Street and on the south by the Go Transit and Union Pearson Express railway tracks. The area is mainly residential, with Portuguese businesses along Dundas Street West and College Street. The area west of Dufferin Street was a part of the former Town of Brockton. The area to the east of Dufferin and south of Dundas Street is also known as "Beaconsfield Village" dating back to the days of the sub-division of lots in the area around Beaconsfield Avenue.
Malibu at Harbour Front is a high-rise condominium building located at 600 Fleet Street near the intersection of Lake Shore Boulevard and Bathurst Street in downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
The McLaughlin Planetarium is a former working planetarium whose building occupies a space immediately to the south of the Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto, at 100 Queen's Park. Founded by a grant from philanthropist Colonel R. Samuel McLaughlin, the facility was opened to the public on October 26, 1968. It had, for its time, a state-of-the-art electro-mechanical Zeiss planetarium projector that was used to project regular themed shows about the stars, planets, and cosmology for visitors. By the 1980s the planetarium's sound-system and domed ceiling were used to display dazzling music-themed laser-light shows. The lower levels of the planetarium contained a gallery called the "Astrocentre" that featured space-related exhibits, related artifacts on the history of astronomy and was also home of the world's first commercial Stellarium
Port Union, also known as Centennial Scarborough is a neighbourhood in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is located in the south-east corner of Toronto, within the former suburb of Scarborough. The neighbourhood is bounded by Kingston Road to the north, Port Union Road to the east, the Lake Ontario shoreline to the south, and Highland Creek to the west.
The three storey Rogers Communications Centre is home to Ryerson University's RTA School of Media, Professional Communications and Journalism programs. Completed in 1992, it is located at 80 Gould Street in downtown Toronto, Canada.
The Joseph L. Rotman School of Management commonly known as the Rotman School of Management, the Rotman School or just Rotman, is the University of Toronto's graduate business school, located in Downtown Toronto. The University of Toronto has been offering undergraduate courses in commerce and management since 1901, but the school was formally established in 1950 as the Institute of Business Administration, which was then changed to the Faculty of Management Studies in 1972 and subsequently shortened to the Faculty of Management in 1986. The school was renamed in 1997 after the late Joseph L. Rotman (1935–2015), its principal benefactor.
The Scarborough Academy of Technological, Environmental and Computer Education at William Arnot Porter Collegiate Institute (SATEC, SATEC @ W. A. Porter C.I., WAPCI, W. A. Porter or Porter) is a semestered secondary school located in Scarborough, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Porter's motto is Vincit qui se Vincit which means "He conquers who conquers himself".
Scarborough Junction (also known as Kennedy Park) is a small neighbourhood in the Scarborough district of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is bordered by Birchmount Road, Brimley Road, Eglinton Avenue, and St. Clair Avenue. Scarbrough Junction has an approximated population of 20,000. The population consists of 1/4 caucasian, 2/4 Asian (South and East) and 1/4 other (black,latino, etc.)
Sherbourne Common, designed by landscape architect Phillips Farevaag Smallenberg, is a waterfront park located in a former industrial area of Toronto. It is one of the earliest parks in Canada to incorporate a neighborhood-wide storm water treatment facility into its design. Located east of Lower Sherbourne Street, the 1.47 hectare park spans two city blocks. It stretches from Lake Ontario to Lake Shore Boulevard in the north.
Shoppers World Danforth is a hybrid shopping plaza and shopping mall in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It has 40 stores serving parts of East York, Scarborough and The Beaches, near the Victoria Park subway station. Today a moderately sized suburban plaza, it has a notable place in history as one of the first suburban and one of the first enclosed malls in Canada. It is approximately 342,500 square feet (31,820 m2) in area.
The Shops at Don Mills (corporately known as CF Shops at Don Mills) is a lifestyle centre - type shopping centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, located at Don Mills Road and Lawrence Avenue East in the former city of North York. There are 72 retail stores with a total floor space of 47,550 square metres (or 511,824 square feet).
Shopsy's is a delicatessen restaurant chain in the Greater Toronto Area and a brand name owned by Maple Leaf Foods for a line of meat products.
Silverthorn, often misspelled as Silverthorne, is a neighbourhood in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It was part of the former City of York before the amalgamation of Toronto in 1998. The approximate boundaries are the GO Transit Barrie line railway tracks to the east, Black Creek Drive and the CP railway line to the west and the former boundaries of the City of York to the north and south. The neighbourhood west of Black Creek Drive is known as Keelesdale. For demographic purposes, the city breaks the area down into two neighbourhoods Keelesdale-Eglinton West, south of Eglinton, and Beechborough-Greenbrook north of Eglinton.
Sir John A. Macdonald Collegiate Institute (equally known to as Sir John A. Macdonald CI, SJAMCI, Sir John A. Macdonald or Mac simply) is a secondary school located in the Scarborough district of Toronto, Ontario at 2300 Pharmacy Avenue in Ward 20. It is owned by the Scarborough Board of Education with the latter board assimilated with the Toronto District School Board. The motto is "Prudentia et Scientia" (Vision and knowledge).
St. John's Norway Cemetery and Crematorium is an historic cemetery in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is located at the intersection of Kingston Road and Woodbine Avenue in the east end of the city just northwest of The Beaches neighbourhood.
Ewart College was a historical women's college located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, affiliated with the Presbyterian Church in Canada. In September 1991, it merged with Knox College, University of Toronto.
Woodbine Racetrack is a casino and horse racing track in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is the only horse racing track in North America which stages, or is capable of staging, thoroughbred and standardbred horse racing programs on the same day. It is owned by Woodbine Entertainment Group.
The University of Toronto Scarborough, also known as U of T Scarborough or UTSC, is a satellite campus of the University of Toronto. Based in the Scarborough district of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, the campus is set upon suburban parkland in the residential neighbourhood of Highland Creek. It was established in 1964 as Scarborough College, a constituent college of the Faculty of Arts and Science. The college expanded into a mid-sized university following its designation as an autonomic division of the university in 1972.
University College is a constituent college of the University of Toronto, created in 1853 specifically as an institution of higher learning free of religious affiliation. It was the founding member of the university's modern collegiate system, and its non-denominationalism contrasted with contemporary colleges such as Trinity College and St. Michael's College, both of which later became part of the University of Toronto.
Canada's National Ballet School, also commonly known as the National Ballet School of Canada, is a classical ballet school located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Along with the Royal Winnipeg Ballet School, it is a provider of professional ballet training in Canada. The school, housed in four main buildings, is associated with the National Ballet of Canada, and many graduates go on to dance in professional ballet companies. Mavis Staines is the current Artistic Director of the school.
Islington–City Centre West (also known as Islington Village, Six Points or Etobicoke City Centre) is a commercial and residential neighbourhood in Etobicoke, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. One of four central business districts outside Downtown Toronto, it is bounded by Rathburn Road to the north, Islington Avenue to the east, Bloor Street to the south, Mimico Creek to the west.
Michael Power • St. Joseph High School (locally referred as Michael Power or Power) is a Catholic secondary school in Etobicoke, a former borough of the city of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The school is an amalgamation of two independent schools in the Six Points neighbourhood, Michael Power High School (an all-male school started by the Basilian Fathers in 1957) and St. Joseph Islington High School (an all-female school led by the Sisters of St. Joseph in 1949) with the two schools amalgamated in 1982 officially. In 1993, Michael Power • St. Joseph moved west and north to the former site of Vincent Massey Collegiate Institute, built in 1961 by the Etobicoke Board of Education and closed in 1985, on Eringate Drive.
Mimico is a neighbourhood and a former municipality in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, being located in the south-west area of Toronto on Lake Ontario. It is in the south-east corner of the former Township (and later, City) of Etobicoke, and was an independent municipality from 1911 to 1967.
Monarch Park Collegiate (referred to MPC, Monarch Park or Monarch; formerly known as Monarch Park Secondary School) is a high school located near the intersection of Coxwell Avenue and Danforth Avenue in Toronto, Ontario, overseen by the Toronto Board of Education, which later merged into the Toronto District School Board in 1998.