Latest matcher run: Sat, 22 Aug 2020 18:10
Wikidata tags already added to OSM with this tool.
40 candidates found
The following matches are less certain, mostly because the OSM and Wikidata locations are two far apart.
National Heritage List for England number: 1293074
Foster's Almshouse (grid reference ST586732) is a historic building on Colston Street, Bristol, England. The almshouse was founded by a bequest from the 15th-century merchant John Foster in 1492; his will can be read online.
National Heritage List for England number: 1282306
National Heritage List for England number: 1206700
National Heritage List for England number: 1187194
National Heritage List for England number: 1202184
Colston Tower is a high-rise building located on Colston Avenue, in the centre of Bristol, England. The building was designed in 1961, but not completed until 1973. It rises 63 metres (207 ft) and has 15 floors of offices. The building is named after the Bristol-born slave trader, philanthropist and Member of Parliament Edward Colston.
National Heritage List for England number: 1282301
Bristol Grammar School (BGS) is a 4–18 mixed, independent day school in Bristol, England. It was founded in 1532 by Royal Charter for the teaching of 'good manners and literature', endowed by wealthy Bristol merchants Robert and Nicholas Thorne. The school flourished in the early 20th century under headmaster Sir Cyril Norwood (1906–1916), embodying "the ideals and experiences of a leading public school". Norwood went on to serve as the master at Marlborough College and Harrow.
website: http://www.bristolgrammarschool.co.uk/; National Heritage List for England number: 1218741; EDUBase URN: 109369
National Heritage List for England number: 1202134
National Heritage List for England number: 1219045
National Heritage List for England number: 1279684
National Heritage List for England number: 1280093
National Heritage List for England number: 1282082
Clifton College is a co-educational independent school in the suburb of Clifton in the city of Bristol in South West England, founded in 1862. In its early years it was notable (compared with most public schools of the time) for emphasising science rather than classics in the curriculum, and for being less concerned with social elitism, e.g. by admitting day-boys on equal terms and providing a dedicated boarding house for Jewish boys, called Polack's House. Having linked its General Studies classes with Badminton School, it admitted girls to the Sixth Form in 1987 and is now fully coeducational. Polack's House closed in 2005 but a scholarship fund open to Jewish candidates still exists. Clifton is one of the original 26 English public schools as defined by the Public Schools Yearbook of 1889.
website: http://www.cliftoncollegeuk.com/, http://www.cliftoncollege.com; EDUBase URN: 109334; National Heritage List for England number: 1202712
EDUBase URN: 108975; website: http://www.holymeadp.bristol.sch.uk/
The University of Bristol is a red brick research university in Bristol, England. It received its royal charter in 1909, although it can trace its roots to a Merchant Venturers' school founded in 1595 and University College, Bristol, which had been in existence since 1876.
website: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/; EDUBase URN: 133799
Hengrove is a suburb and council ward of Bristol, England, situated between Whitchurch, Knowle and Bishopsworth, running along both dual carriageways, Wells Road (A37) and Airport Road (A4174). The area of Knowle it adjoins is known as Knowle West.
The Bristol Feeder Canal is a body of water in Bristol, England, that connects the Floating Harbour with the River Avon.
The Tobacco Factory is the last remaining part of the old W. D. & H. O. Wills tobacco factory site on Raleigh Road, Southville, Bristol. It was saved from demolition by the architect and former mayor of the city George Ferguson and through his vision has become a model of urban regeneration. It is now a multi-use building which houses animation and performing arts school, loft-style apartments, a café bar, offices and a theatre.
Bristol Museum & Art Gallery is a large museum and art gallery in Bristol, England. The museum is situated in Clifton, about 0.5 miles (0.8 km) from the city centre. As part of Bristol Culture it is run by the Bristol City Council with no entrance fee. It holds designated museum status, granted by the national government to protect outstanding museums. The designated collections include: geology, Eastern art, and Bristol's history, including English delftware. In January 2012 it became one of sixteen Arts Council England Major Partner Museums.
National Heritage List for England number: 1202478; website: https://www.bristolmuseums.org.uk/bristol-museum-and-art-gallery/
National Heritage List for England number: 1202594
National Heritage List for England number: 1206353
Watershed opened in June 1982 as the United Kingdom's first dedicated media centre. Based in former warehouses on the harbourside at Bristol, it hosts three cinemas, a café/bar, events/conferencing spaces, the Pervasive Media Studio, and office spaces for administrative and creative staff. It occupies the former E and W sheds on Canon's Road at Saint Augustine's Reach, and underwent a major refurbishment in 2005. The building also hosts UWE eMedia Business Enterprises, Most of Watershed's facilities are situated on the second floor of two of the transit sheds. The conference spaces and cinemas are used by many public and private sector organisations and charities. Watershed employs the equivalent of over seventy full-time staff and has an annual turnover of approximately £3.8 million. As well as its own commercial income (through Watershed Trading), Watershed Arts Trust is funded by national and regional arts funders. It is run by managing director Dick Penny who first joined in 1991.
National Heritage List for England number: 1202651
National Heritage List for England number: 1355185
Avonmouth railway station was the terminus of the Bristol Port Railway and Pier, a self-contained railway which ran along the River Avon in Bristol, England. The station, which opened in 1865, was adjacent to a pier on the River Severn at Avonmouth. It had two platforms and an adjacent hotel, as well as an engine shed and water tank. The station was closed in 1902 as the land was required for the expansion of Avonmouth Docks, although it remained in use for workers' trains until 1903. The hotel continued in operation until 1926, when it too was demolished to make way for the docks. The station site is now in the middle of Avonmouth Docks.
National Heritage List for England number: 1024993
National Heritage List for England number: 1279554
website: http://www.st-george-pri.bristol.sch.uk/; EDUBase URN: 109145
National Heritage List for England number: 1465508
The Bierkeller Theatre is a theatre in Broadmead, Bristol, England, located inside Bristol's oldest night club, the Bristol Bierkeller.