Latest matcher run: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 10:50
Wikidata tags already added to OSM with this tool.
14 candidates found
Language order preference. edit
The Hippodrome Theatre also called the New York Hippodrome, was a theater in New York City from 1905 to 1939, located on Sixth Avenue between West 43rd and West 44th Streets in the Theater District of Midtown Manhattan. It was called the world's largest theatre by its builders and had a seating capacity of 5,300, with a 100x200ft (30x61m) stage. The theatre had state-of-the-art theatrical technology, including a rising glass water tank.
The Williams Club is in residence at the Princeton Club of New York for alumni of Williams College. Until 2010, it was its own private club.
Lindy's was two different deli and restaurant chains in Manhattan, New York City. The first chain, founded by Leo "Lindy" Lindemann, operated from 1921 to 1969. In 1979, the Riese Organization determined that the Lindy's trademark had been abandoned, and opened new restaurants, the last of which closed in February 2018.
The Million Dollar Corner is a small plot of property adjacent to Macy's Herald Square at 1313 Broadway, at the corner with 34th Street, in Herald Square, Manhattan, New York City. The building sold for a then-record million dollars on December 6, 1911.
The Lord & Taylor Building is a 10-story commercial building located at 424–434 Fifth Avenue between West 38th and 39th Streets in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. It was built from 1913 to 1914 and was home to Lord & Taylor's flagship department store in New York City.
The Ritz Tower is a 42–story luxury residential building located at 465 Park Avenue on the corner of East 57th Street in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. It was as built from 1925 to 1927 as an apartment hotel and was designed by Emery Roth and Thomas Hastings for journalist Arthur Brisbane, who was the developer. At the time that it was built it was the tallest residential building in New York City.
NYC Building Identification Number: 1024898
Lord & Taylor is an American luxury department store chain, and the oldest department store in the United States. As of August 2019, it consists of 38 stores and one outlet store. The flagship store at the Lord & Taylor Building on Fifth Avenue in New York City operated from 1914 until 2019. The chain has been a subsidiary of Le Tote since November 2019.
The Manhattan Trade School for Girls was a New York City public high school founded in 1902, and was the city's only vocational school for female students at the time. It was established by philanthropic reformers to provide training for young women to work in trades such as garment factory work. It was originally located on West 14th Street, but was moved to East 23rd Street in 1906-1907. To accommodate growing enrollment, a new building was constructed and designed by C. B. J. Snyder in 1915 at 127 East 22nd Street. The building now houses The School of the Future, a New York City public middle school and high school.
Grand Central was the terminal for some trains of the IRT Third Avenue Line, also known as the Third Avenue El. This station originally had one island platform and two side platforms, all connected at the west end (later converted to three tracks and two island platforms). The tracks ended just east of the Park Avenue Viaduct ramp over Pershing Square.
The Halal Guys is a halal fast casual restaurant franchise that began as halal carts on the southeast and southwest corners of 53rd Street and Sixth Avenue in Manhattan, New York City. New locations, both food cart and storefront, are being added throughout New York (including a storefront on 14th Street and Second Avenue) and around the world.
Galerie St. Etienne is an Expressionism art gallery operating in the United States, founded in Vienna in 1923 by Otto Kallir (originally Otto Nirenstein) as the Neue Galerie. Forced to leave Austria after the 1938 Nazi invasion, Kallir established his gallery in Paris as the Galerie St. Etienne, named after the Neue Galerie's location near Vienna's Cathedral of St. Stephen. In 1939, Kallir and his family left France for the United States, where he reestablished the Galerie St. Etienne on 46 West 57th Street in New York City. The gallery still exists, run by Otto Kallir's granddaughter Jane and Hildegard Bachert on 24 West 57th Street. It maintains a reputation as a principal harbinger of Austrian and German Expressionism to the US.
Max's Kansas City was a nightclub and restaurant at 213 Park Avenue South in New York City, which became a gathering spot for musicians, poets, artists and politicians in the 1960s and 1970s. It was opened by Mickey Ruskin (1933–1983) in December 1965 and closed in 1981.