Star Theatre, also known as Partridge Hall, is a shop/meeting hall/theater built in 1878 in Argyle, Wisconsin, in Lafayette County, Wisconsin, United States. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
Street address: 200 S. State Street, Argyle, WI 53504 (from Wikidata)
website: http://www.partridgehall.com; NRHP reference number: 80000154
The Prairie Spring Hotel, also known as the Daniel Morgan Parkinson House, was built in 1834 with Greek Revival elements. The structure is located in Lafayette County outside Willow Springs, Wisconsin It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1999.
USGS GNIS ID: 1573940
USGS GNIS ID: 1577825
WSSW (89.1 FM) is a radio station licensed to Platteville, Wisconsin, United States. The station is part of Wisconsin Public Radio (WPR) and broadcasts WPR's "NPR News and Classical Network", consisting of classical music and news and talk programming.
USGS GNIS ID: 1577792
NRHP reference number: 11000488
Street address: 315 S. Main Street, Blanchardville, WI 53516 (from Wikidata)
Street address: 224 Main Street, Darlington, WI 53530 (from Wikidata)
Street address: 120 West Water Street, Shullsburg, WI 53586 (from Wikidata)
USGS GNIS ID: 2633464
USGS GNIS ID: 2633689
FAA airport code: 93WI
Street address: 525 Main Street, Darlington, WI 53530 (from Wikidata)
NRHP reference number: 100007661
Street address: 220 S. Mound Ave., Belmont, WI 53510 (from Wikidata)
Street address: 190 N. Judgement St., Shullsburg, WI 53586 (from Wikidata)
USGS GNIS ID: 1988894
USGS GNIS ID: 1564965
USGS GNIS ID: 1988895
USGS GNIS ID: 1989137
University of Wisconsin–Platteville (UW–Platteville or UW Platt) is a public university in Platteville, Wisconsin. Part of the University of Wisconsin System, it offers bachelor's and master's degrees. The university has three colleges that serve over 8,000 students on-campus and an additional 3,000 students through its five distance education programs.
Street address: 1 University Plaza, Platteville, WI, 53818-3001 (from Wikidata)
USGS GNIS ID: 1564174
Fort Hamilton was a frontier fort constructed in present-day Wiota, Wisconsin during the 1832 Black Hawk War.
USGS GNIS ID: 1577662
USGS GNIS ID: 1561038
USGS GNIS ID: 1565036
Fort Defiance was one of the last garrisoned stockade forts constructed in territorial Wisconsin. It was located approximately five miles southeast of Mineral Point, Wisconsin. It was located in the booming lead mining region in an area of early settlement. The fort was built by local settlers in 1832 when developing tensions over Native American land rights erupted into the Black Hawk War. Although Fort Defiance did not experience attack, it did have a garrison of about 40 militia men who were said to be among the best drilled in the territory. Fort Defiance had two blockhouses located at opposite corners of the stockade. Within the walls were two buildings used to accommodate the garrison and the families of settlers in case of a siege. There are no visible remains.
The Battle of Horseshoe Bend, also referred to as the Battle of Pecatonica and the Battle of Bloody Lake, was fought on June 16, 1832 in present-day Wisconsin at an oxbow lake known as "Horseshoe Bend", which was formed by a change in course of the Pecatonica River. The battle was a major turning point in the Black Hawk War, despite being of only minor military significance. The small victory won by the U.S. militia at Horseshoe Bend helped restore public confidence in the volunteer force following an embarrassing defeat at Stillman's Run. The Battle of Horseshoe Bend ended with three militia men killed in action and a party of eleven Kickapoo warriors dead.
USGS GNIS ID: 1570209
First Capitol Historic Site is a free-admission historic museum located outside Belmont, Wisconsin, United States. The museum includes two of the buildings first used by legislators to meet in Wisconsin Territory. Currently owned and operated by the Wisconsin Historical Society, the site is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
NRHP reference number: 70000036
USGS GNIS ID: 1567912
Belmont High School is a public high school located in Belmont, Wisconsin that serves students in grades 9 through 12. The school had an enrollment of 130 students in the 2006-2007 school year in a building that houses K-12. High school students attend classes in a new addition built in 2001, with classes for the K-8 students held in the older section. A gymnasium was also included in the new addition.
Gratiot's Grove was a mining settlement and later, a frontier fort, during the Black Hawk War, in Michigan Territory (later Lafayette County, Wisconsin).
USGS GNIS ID: 1577789
Woodford is an unincorporated community and census-designated place (CDP) in Lafayette County, Wisconsin, United States. Woodford is south of Argyle, in the town of Wiota. Woodford has a post office with ZIP code 53599. As of the 2010 census, its population is 69.
USGS GNIS ID: 1576987, 2586576
The Main Street Historic District is located in Darlington, Wisconsin. It was listed as a historic district on the National Register of Historic Places in 1994. It included 40 contributing buildings on 8 hectares (20 acres).
NRHP reference number: 94001210
The Mottley Family Farmstead on Ivey Road in Willow Springs in Lafayette County, Wisconsin is a 8 acres (3.2 ha) property which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2001. The listing included three contributing buildings.
Street address: 21496 Ivey Road (from Wikidata)
NRHP reference number: 01000564
USGS GNIS ID: 1577859
USGS GNIS ID: 1577883
USGS GNIS ID: 1577841
The Spafford Farm massacre, also referred to as the Wayne massacre, was an attack upon U.S. militia and civilians that occurred as part of the Black Hawk War near present-day South Wayne, Wisconsin. Spafford Farm was settled in 1830 by Omri Spafford and his partner Francis Spencer.
The Water Street Commercial Historic District in Shullsburg in Lafayette County, Wisconsin is a 7 acres (2.8 ha) historic district which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1992. It included 34 contributing buildings.
NRHP reference number: 90000998