Easter Compton is a village in the civil parish of Almondsbury, South Gloucestershire, England. It is situated at the bottom of a hill (known as Blackhorse Hill) near Junction 17 of the M5 Motorway on the B4055 road.
Almondsbury is a large village near junction 16 of the M5 motorway, in South Gloucestershire, England, and a civil parish which also includes the villages of Hortham, Gaunt's Earthcott, Over, Easter Compton, Compton Greenfield, Hallen and Berwick.
Filton Airport or Filton Aerodrome (IATA: FZO, ICAO: EGTG) was a private airport in Filton and Patchway, within South Gloucestershire, 4 NM (7.4 km; 4.6 mi) north of Bristol, England.
website: http://www.bristolfilton.co.uk/; ICAO airport code: EGTG; IATA airport code: FZO
Lebeq United Football Club is a football club based in Almondsbury, near Bristol, England. Affiliated to the Gloucestershire County FA, they are currently members of the Western League Division One and play at Oaklands Park.
The M49 motorway is just 5 miles (8 km) long and forms a link between the M5 motorway west of Bristol at junction 18A and the M4 motorway at junction 22 before the Second Severn Crossing (now officially renamed the Prince of Wales Bridge). It was constructed at the same time as the bridge in 1996. It is unique in that it is only accessible from other motorways.
Cattybrook Brickpit (grid reference ST594835) is a 2.2-hectare (5.4-acre) geological Site of Special Scientific Interest near the village of Almondsbury, South Gloucestershire, notified in 1989. It began as a clay pit and brickworks.
Charlton was the name of a small village or large hamlet in Gloucestershire, England with a Bethel Chapel and Sunday School. It was demolished in the late 1940s. Its site is (in 2020) occupied by part of the derelict runway and safety margins of the former Bristol Filton Airport. The village was located between Filton and what is today the Cribbs Causeway out-of-town commercial and retail area immediately north of Bristol. To the north of the village lay fields and Over Court Deer Park. which is today Bristol Golf Club.
Henbury railway station served the Bristol suburb of Henbury, England, from 1910 to 1965. The station was situated on the Henbury Loop Line of the Great Western Railway and was opened on 9 May 1910 for passenger services. Under the Beeching cuts, it was closed to passengers on 23 November 1964, with goods services ceasing on 5 July 1965. There is a proposal to reopen the station as part of the Greater Bristol Metro scheme.
Charlton Halt railway station was a railway station which served the village of Charlton, west of Filton in South Gloucestershire, England, on the Avonmouth and Filton Railway, now known as the Henbury Loop Line. The station was open only between 1910 and 1915, when the line was closed to passengers. The line was reopened to passengers from 1922 to 1964, but the station was not reopened.
The Great Western Air Ambulance Charity (GWAAC) is a charity air ambulance service in South West England. It operates for the relief of sickness and injury, with a specialist paramedic in critical care and a critical care doctor, providing response by helicopter or car between the hours of 7:00 am and 1:00 am, 365 days a year. The service covers Bristol, North Somerset, Bath and North East Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire, and surrounding areas.
Berwick is a hamlet in the South Gloucestershire district, in the English county of Gloucestershire. Nearby settlements include the city of Bristol and the village of Hallen. Berwick has a business park called Sampson House Business Park and a wood called Berwick Wood. Berwick is located between the M5 motorway and the M49 motorway. There was a depot for the Government Pipelines and Storage System (GPSS) in the wood.
The Almondsbury Interchange in South Gloucestershire, is one of the United Kingdom's largest motorway stack interchanges. The interchange is one of only three four-level stacks in the UK, spanning a range (including slip roads) of 1 km by 1 km. It is the interchange for the M5 at junction 15 and M4 at junction 20, and is situated at the northern fringes of Bristol close to the village of Almondsbury, the Aztec West industrial estate, and Bradley Stoke. When it opened in 1966, it was the most complex junction on the British motorway network, a free-flowing interchange on four levels. Since then traffic volumes have increased. Additionally, at busy periods, the Interchange becomes more difficult to negotiate safely. In an attempt to ease congestion, the Interchange has become part of a smart motorway.
Almondsbury Town Association Football Club was a football club based in Almondsbury, near Bristol, England. Their colours were sky blue and white shirts, with navy blue shorts and socks and they club were affiliated to the Gloucestershire County FA.
Cribbs Football Club is an English football club founded in 1958 and based at Cribbs Causeway, South Gloucestershire. They are currently members of Hellenic League Premier Division and are affiliated to the Gloucestershire County FA.
The Gloucestershire County Football Association, also simply known as the Gloucestershire FA or GFA, is the governing body of football in the county of Gloucestershire. It was formed in 1886.
National Heritage List for England number: 1128855
National Heritage List for England number: 1128859
National Heritage List for England number: 1128860
National Heritage List for England number: 1128861
National Heritage List for England number: 1136082
National Heritage List for England number: 1136087
National Heritage List for England number: 1136093
National Heritage List for England number: 1136102
National Heritage List for England number: 1312876
National Heritage List for England number: 1312913
National Heritage List for England number: 1321092
National Heritage List for England number: 1321093
National Heritage List for England number: 1321094
National Heritage List for England number: 1128874
National Heritage List for England number: 1321090
National Heritage List for England number: 1136158
National Heritage List for England number: 1136216
National Heritage List for England number: 1128868
National Heritage List for England number: 1128869