Since 1815, three separate buildings have served as the Gibson County Courthouse in Princeton, Gibson County, Indiana. The current building was constructed in 1884 and is located at the intersection of Indiana State Road 64 and Indiana State Road 65. It is an example of Romanesque Revival architecture and was the model for Department 56's Original Snow Village Courthouse. Gibson County's Courthouse is of very similar design to the Johnson County Courthouse in Franklin, Indiana.
Deaconess Gibson Hospital, formerly Gibson General Hospital, is a hospital institution in Princeton, Indiana, serving largely Gibson County, Indiana but also largely serves Wabash County, Illinois as well. It is located along Sherman Drive at the northern end of Princeton's West Side or two blocks north of the WRAY/WRAY-FM Studios.
Johnson is an unincorporated town in Montgomery Township, Gibson County, Indiana, United States roughly 4 miles west of Owensville and 8 miles north of Poseyville. It should not be confused with Johnson County, Indiana which is in a different location and named for a different figure or nearby Johnson Township which is also named for a different figure, likely the same as the county.
King is an unincorporated community in Patoka Township, Gibson County, Indiana, United States. It is also referred to as Kings or as King's Station.
Lyles or Lyles Station is an unincorporated community in Patoka Township, Gibson County, Indiana. The community dates from 1849, although its early settlers first arrived in the 1830s, and it was formally named Lyles Station in 1886 to honor Joshua Lyles, a free African American who migrated with his family from Tennessee to Indiana around 1837. Lyles Station is one of Indiana's early black rural settlements and the only one remaining. The rural settlement reached its peak in the years between 1880 and 1912, when major structures in the community included the railroad depot, a post office, a lumber mill, two general stores, two churches, and a school. By the turn of the twentieth century, Lyles Station had fifty-five homes, with a population of more than 800 people. The farming community never fully recovered from the Great Flood of 1913, which destroyed much of the town. Most of its residents left for economic reasons, seeking opportunities for higher paying jobs and additional education in larger cities. By 1997 approximately fifteen families remained at Lyles Station, nearly all of them descended from the original settlers.
Saint James is a small hamlet located roughly 1 mile south of Haubstadt, Indiana in Johnson Township, Gibson County, Indiana, United States, and 1/4 mile north of Vanderburgh County.
Skelton is a ghost town community in Montgomery Township, Gibson County, Indiana. The town would be completely inside the grounds of the Gibson Generating Station if it existed still. No part of the town exists as most of what was Skelton is in Gibson Lake.
The Waldo J. Wood Memorial High School, formerly referred to as Oakland City Wood Memorial High School by the IHSAA, now simply as Wood Memorial High School is a public education institution located in Oakland City, Indiana, USA, serving the East Gibson School Corporation and drawing students from Barton, Center and Columbia Townships in the much more sparsely populated eastern third of Gibson County, Indiana. As such, Wood Memorial is the smallest high school in county, being roughly half the sizes of either Gibson Southern or Princeton Community.
Warrenton is an unincorporated community in Johnson Township, Gibson County, Indiana. Warrenton is home to The Log Inn, the oldest restaurant in Indiana. The community is located immediately northeast of the US 41-I-64 interchange.
Wheeling is an unincorporated community in Washington Township, Gibson County, Indiana, United States. The community contains a historic covered bridge over the Patoka River, the Wheeling Bridge, completed in 1877.
Patoka Township is one of ten townships in Gibson County, Indiana, United States. As of the 2010 census, its population was 11,864 and it contained 5,341 housing units. It is the largest township in population, accounting for roughly 30% of the county's total population.
Ralph E. Koch Airport (FAA LID: 61Y) is a public use airport in Gibson County, Indiana, United States. It is located two nautical miles (4 km) north of the central business district of Poseyville, a town in Posey County.
The Gibson Generating Station is a coal-burning power plant located at the northernmost end of Montgomery Township, Gibson County, Indiana, United States. It is close to the Wabash River, 1.5 miles (2.5 km) southeast of Mount Carmel, Illinois, 2 miles (3.2 km) south of the mouth of the Patoka River, and 4 miles (6.5 km) south of the mouth of the White River. The closest Indiana communities are Owensville 7.5 miles (12 km) to the southeast of the plant, and Princeton, 10.5 miles (17 km) to the east. With a 2013 aggregate output capacity among its five units of 3,345 megawatts, it is the largest power plant run by Duke Energy, and the tenth-largest electrical plant in the United States. Given the closure of the Nanticoke Generating Station in Ontario, in 2013, the Gibson Generating Station became the largest coal power plant in North America by generated power.
Francisco is the fifth largest town and seventh largest community in Gibson County, Indiana, United States. A town in Center Township, the population was 469 at the 2010 census and was founded in 1851. Local tradition says the town was named for its first settler, a Spanish laborer working on the Wabash and Erie Canal who built a shack in the area. It is part of the Evansville, Indiana, Metropolitan Area.
WRAY-FM (98.1 MHz) is a radio station licensed to Princeton, Indiana, United States, the station serves the Evansville area. The station is currently owned by Princeton Broadcasting Co.
Gibson County is a county in the southwestern part of the U.S. state of Indiana. As of the 2010 United States Census, the population was 33,503. The county seat is Princeton.
Mackey is a town in Barton Township, Gibson County, Indiana, United States. With a population of 106 at the 2010 census, Mackey is the smallest incorporated community in Gibson County and one of the smallest incorporated communities in the state.
Princeton is the largest city in and the county seat of Patoka Township, Gibson County, Indiana, United States. The population was 8,301 at the 2020 United States Census, and it is part of the greater Evansville, Indiana, Metropolitan Area.
Buckskin is a small unincorporated community in Barton Township, Gibson County, Indiana. Although unincorporated, Buckskin has the ZIP code 47647.
Crawleyville is an unincorporated community located along the Wabash River in Wabash Township in Gibson the early 1900s, Crawleyville was an active community of farmers and fishermen.
Mount Olympus is an unincorporated community in Washington Township, Gibson County, Indiana. It was formerly called Ennes. A post office called Ennes operated from 1879 until 1883.
Patoka is the fourth largest town and sixth largest community in Gibson County, Indiana, United States. The population was 735 at the 2010 census.
Oakland City is the third-largest city in Gibson County, Indiana, United States, after Princeton and Fort Branch. It is the site of Oakland City University. The population was 2,279 at the 2020 census.
Fort Branch is the largest town and second largest community in Gibson County, Indiana after Princeton and ahead of the county's other city, Oakland City. The population was 2,771 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Evansville, Indiana, Metropolitan Area
Owensville is the third largest town and the smallest of the five larger communities in Gibson County, Indiana, United States. The population was 1,330 in 2017.
Somerville is a town in Barton Township, Gibson County, Indiana, United States. The population was 293 at the 2010 census, making it the third-smallest community in the county.
Haubstadt is the second largest town, after Fort Branch, and fourth largest community in Gibson County, Indiana, United States. The population was 1,577 at the 2010 census. Haubstadt has recently become a bedroom community of Evansville and such, is part of the Evansville, Indiana, Metropolitan Area.
Hazleton is a town in White River Township, Gibson County, Indiana, United States. The population was 263 at the 2010 census making it the second smallest community in the county. While having almost no connection to it, it is part of the Evansville, Indiana, Metropolitan Area.
East Mount Carmel is a small unincorporated community near the southwestern corner of White River Township in Gibson County, Indiana. The community is home to around 50 people.
Giro is an unincorporated community located at the northernmost point of Gibson County in Washington Township, Gibson County, Indiana. The town is also known as Buena Vista.