WRAY (1250 AM) is a radio station licensed to Princeton, Indiana, United States, the station serves the Evansville area. The station is currently owned by Princeton Broadcasting Co.
The Log Inn is a family-style restaurant located in southeastern Johnson Township in Gibson County, Indiana. It was founded around 1825 by Mr. Henry Haub, the namesake of nearby Haubstadt. During its lifetime it has been used as a host to Abraham Lincoln; a stop on the Underground Railroad; a stop on the Dixie Highway, the main road between Chicago and Florida, which eventually became US 41. A dance hall was later built above the tavern and store and the complex would later become known as The Log Inn. The Log Inn is officially recognized as the oldest restaurant in Indiana. In recent years, The Log Inn was featured in Food Network's Best of Viewer's Choice Program.
WSJD "Sounding Just Delightful", (100.5 FM, "True Oldies 100.5") is a radio station serving the Evansville, Indiana area with an oldies format. It broadcasts on FM frequency 100.5 MHz and is under self ownership. Majority of the programming is featured from Scott Shannon's "The True Oldies Channel". The station signed on in 1995.
WBGW-FM is a Christian radio station licensed to Fort Branch, Indiana, broadcasting on 101.5 MHz FM. The station serves the Evansville Metropolitan Area. WBGW-FM is owned by Music Ministries Inc., and is an affiliate of Thy Word Network.
Tri-State Speedway is a high-banked 1⁄4 mile (0.40 km) dirt oval track located in Haubstadt, Indiana, approximately 16 miles (26 km) north of Evansville, Indiana. The track currently hosts World of Outlaws sprint cars, USAC sprints, POWRi Lucas Oil WAR sprints, MSCS Sprints, and UMP modifieds.
Street address: 107 East Locust Street, Fort Branch, IN 47648 (from Wikidata)
Street address: 210 South Main Street, Oakland City, IN 47660 (from Wikidata)
Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indiana (TMMI) is an automobile manufacturing factory located in Gibson County, Indiana, nearly halfway between Princeton and Fort Branch, and mostly in Union Township. It is a subsidiary of Toyota Motor North America, itself a subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation of Japan. With over 7,000 employees, TMMI is the largest employer in the Evansville Area.
The Gibson County Fairgrounds are located along Embree Street across from Lafayette Park and across an intersection from Princeton Community High School in Princeton, Indiana.
Owensville High School, sometimes referred to as Owensville Montgomery High School or Owensville Montgomery Township School was a K-12 Public learning facility located in Owensville, Indiana.
Snake Run is an unincorporated community stretched along Indiana 168 nearly halfway between Fort Branch and Mackey in Gibson County, Indiana, United States. It is in both Barton and Union Townships. It is named after the creek which runs through the central part of the community. Saint Bernards Catholic Church is the heart of the area.
White River Township is one of ten townships in Gibson County, Indiana. As of the 2010 census, its population was 1,689 and it contained 817 housing units.
USGS GNIS ID: 454053
Union Township is one of ten townships in Gibson County, Indiana. As of the 2010 census, its population was 4,197 and it contained 1,779 housing units, more than 90% of which live either within or in areas adjacent to the town of Fort Branch. Fort Branch is the township seat. Nearly all of the Toyota Motor Manufacturing Indiana Complex is located within Union Township.
USGS GNIS ID: 453916
Washington Township is one of ten townships in Gibson County, Indiana. As of the 2010 census, its population was 785 and it contained 345 housing units. Like Wabash Township, Washington Township also has no organized seat within the township, despite its two corporation-worthy towns Mount Olympus and Wheeling. Patoka, in White River Township, serves as the seat.
USGS GNIS ID: 453995
Barton Township is one of ten townships in Gibson County, Indiana. As of the 2010 census, its population was 1,677 and it contained 720 housing units. Somerville is the township seat.
USGS GNIS ID: 453097
Center Township is one of ten townships in Gibson County, Indiana. As of the 2010 census, its population was 1,341 and it contained 609 housing units. Francisco is the township seat.
USGS GNIS ID: 453177
Lyles Consolidated School is a historic school in Lyles Station, Indiana. The third school to be located in Lyles Station, it was opened in 1919 and used until 1958. Abandoned for nearly forty years, it had deteriorated almost to the point of total collapse by 1997. The Lyles Station Historic Preservation Corporation was founded in June 1997, to preserve and promote the history of the Lyles Station community. Its major project was restoration of the schoolhouse, intending to use it as a living history museum to educate others both about Lyles Station's history and the daily school routine in the early twentieth century. The school was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1999. Restoration of the site was completed in 2003.
NRHP reference number: 99001111
William M. Cockrum House, also known as Cockrum Hall, is a historic home located at Oakland City, Gibson County, Indiana. It was built in 1876, and is a two-story, Italian Villa style brick dwelling with a one-story wing. It features a three-story square corner tower set at a 45 degree angle, round and segmental arched windows, and bracketed cornice.: 2
NRHP reference number: 78000031
Columbia Township is one of ten townships in Gibson County, Indiana. As of the 2010 census, its population was 3,830 and it contained 1,757 housing units. Oakland City is the township seat.
USGS GNIS ID: 453240
Wabash Township is one of ten townships in Gibson County, Indiana, United States. As of the 2010 census, its population was 30 and it contained 27 housing units. Wabash Township has no organized seat within the township, as the only settlement is in two river camps Crawleyville and Jimtown. The township seat is Owensville, in Montgomery Township. This area is occasionally referred to as the "Tail of Gibson County", owing to its shape and position within the county. Nevertheless, the township is a panhandle of Gibson County, bordered by the Wabash River to the north, northwest, west, and in some parts, east, even southeast, and by Posey County to the south.
USGS GNIS ID: 453964
Johnson Township is one of ten townships in Gibson County, Indiana. As of the 2010 census, its population was 4,094 and it contained 1,605 housing units.
USGS GNIS ID: 453512
Haubstadt State Bank, also known as Old Haubstadt State Bank and New Town Hall, is a historic bank building located at Haubstadt, Gibson County, Indiana. It was built in 1904, and is a 2+1⁄2-story, brick and Indiana limestone building with two additions. It features Chicago style commercial window openings. The building was remodeled in 1954. The bank became the town hall in 1980.: 2, 4
NRHP reference number: 84000489
Welborn-Ross House is a historic home located at Princeton, Gibson County, Indiana. It was built between 1875 and 1881, and is a 2+1⁄2-story, Italianate style brick dwelling with a rear wing. It has an asymmetrical cross-plan and features an ornate one-story, full-width front porch. It was built by Dr. William P. Welborn, a prominent local physician.: 5, 11
NRHP reference number: 96000287
Trippettt–Glaze–Duncan-Kolb Farm is a historic home and farm complex and national historic district located at Washington Township, Gibson County, Indiana. It encompasses seven contributing buildings, three contributing sites, three contributing structures, and two contributing objects. They include the brick I-house (c. 1850), frame granary (c. 1900), wood frame wagon shed (c. 1920), traverse frame barn (c. 1920), three-portal barn (c. 1920), wood frame tenant house (c. 1920), barn and shed (c. 1910), bunker silo, conservation pond, and the site of a ferry landing.
NRHP reference number: 93000470
Gibson Lake is the cooling pond for Duke Energy Indiana's Gibson Generating Station. Measuring at around 3,500 acres (14 km2), it is the largest lake in Indiana built completely above ground, its shores consisting of rock levees on all but two of the lake's six sides both of which were also built up to build the power plant. Opened to fishing in 1978, Gibson Lake had been a prime source of bass and several types of catfish, bluegill, and carp. The lake was closed to fishing in 2007, due to elevated levels of selenium found in the water of the lake. The only entrance to Gibson Lake is the lake's boat ramp, located due southeast of the plant on Gibson County Road 975 South.
USGS GNIS ID: 2129715
Montgomery Township is the largest (in area) of the ten townships in Gibson County, Indiana as well as one of the largest townships by area in Southwestern Indiana, USA. At the 2010 census, its population was 3,996 and it contained 1,645 housing units, 75% of which were in areas adjacent to Owensville. Montgomery Township is served by the South Gibson School Corporation. Gibson Generating Station and Gibson Lake are located at the northern end of Montgomery Township.
USGS GNIS ID: 453649
Haubstadt High School, sometimes referred to as Haubstadt Johnson High School was a K-12 learning facility, located in Haubstadt, Indiana.
Fort Branch Marlette High School, commonly known as Fort Branch High School, was a public high school located in Fort Branch, Indiana.