Latest matcher run: Wed, 04 Apr 2018 21:27
62 candidates found (7 with multiple matches)
[Filter: only multiple matches]
Language order preference. edit
The Historical Merchants' Hall (German: Historisches Kaufhaus) is one of the most outstanding buildings in Freiburg im Breisgau. It is situated on the south side of the Minster Square (market square around the Freiburg Minster). It stands out clearly due to its dominant red facade.
Holbeinpferd is the colloquial name of the sculpture of a horse (in German: Pferd) in the suburb Wiehre in Freiburg im Breisgau in Baden-Württemberg, Germany which is standing at the corner of Günterstal and Holbein streets. The concrete sculpture of a foal was created in 1936 by the sculptor Werner Gürtner. It is 1.90 m both long and high and weighs nearly 1 tonne.
Theater Freiburg is a theatre in Baden-Württemberg, Germany.
The Loretto Baths, in short Lollo, is the oldest open-air swimming pool in Germany. It is located at the foot of the Lorettoberg in Wiehre in the city of Freiburg im Breisgau. When it opened in 1841, it was the city's first public swimming baths. Its uniqueness lies in the partial separation of sexes. There is one pool which can be used by women only, but also one for the whole family. To this day, it is the only pool in Germany that has a separate pool for women.
The Möslestadion is a soccer stadium in Freiburg im Breisgau. The stadium used to be home to the Freiburger FC. Today it is used by the second men's team and the Freiburg soccer school of the SC Freiburg. Since the 2008/09 season, the stadium has also been used for the SC Freiburg women's team.
The Schlossbergbahn (English: Castle Hill Railway) is a funicular railway in the town of Freiburg im Breisgau in Baden-Württemberg, Germany. It links the city centre with the Schlossberg hill.
The Schwabentor (English Swabian Gate), also called Obertor in the Middle Ages, is the most recent of the two remaining city gates of the medieval defensive wall of Freiburg im Breisgau in Baden-Württemberg, Germany.
The Johanneskirche (Church of St. John) is a catholic church located in Freiburg im Breisgau. It was first opened in 1899 and is currently located in the Wiehre district. Around the church, further historic buildings were built. On the western side is the presbytery of the community next to a vocational school and to the north is the Lessingschule. At the same time as the Johanneskirche was being completed, the Protestant Christians built their own church near to Johanneskirche, the Christuskirche.
The Stadtgarten (City Garden) of Freiburg is a 2.6 ha park within the Neuburg district. It has an old tree grove and a large rose garden, and lies between the Leopoldring, Jackob Burckhardt, Ludwig and Mozart streets near Freiburg's city centre. It is connected to Karlsplatz via the Karlssteg footbridge, which is made from pre-stressed concrete. Since 2008 the Schlossberg Tram, an inclined elevator, leads up to Schlossberg. It replaced the Cable Car built in 1968.
The University Church, or Universitätskirche, is a Catholic church at the University of Freiburg. Located on Bertoldstrasse amongst the university buildings, the former Jesuit church (Jesuitenkirche) has been part of the university since the 18th Century.
The Minster Square in the centre district of Freiburg is a paved area surrounding the Freiburger Minster. The city library, the Historical Merchants' Hall, the Wentzinger House and also the Korn House are located on this square. The Freiburger streams run along the sides of the square.
The Karlssteg is a 136.5 meter long footbridge of tension construction in Freiburg im Breisgau. A concrete strip only 25 cm thick with 60 continuous tension elements leads from Karlsplatz to the Stadtgarten. In high temperatures, the tension band can sag up to 40cm. Construction of the bridge began in 1969; in January 1970, the columns were already standing, and in June, for the city's 850th anniversary, the Karlssteg Bridge – constructed by the engineer H.Nehse – was opened to traffic as the first bridge of its kind in Germany. In the same year, the Mozart, Hermann and Schwabentor bridges were opened, though in a less spectacular way, passing over Mozartstraße (Mozart Street) and Schlossbergring.
The Kronenbrücke was built on the site of the original bridge which crossed the Dreisam and was one of the two oldest bridges in Freiburg im Breisgau, a city on the edge of the Black Forest in the Baden-Württemberg region of Germany. In 1869, an iron bridge with stone substructure replaced the original wooden bridge across the River Dreisam. This, however, lasted only three years due to excessive flooding and the replacement erected was Gartenstraßen. After extensive work was done to dams and shores to prevent the bridge collapsing in the manner of its predecessor and the building of two others, to reduce frequent stressing, the now renamed Friedrichsbrücke, named after Grand Duke Frederick, opened in 1903. Despite hopes of the bridge lasting for centuries, it was replaced due to a variety of reasons in 1962 with the removal of its base done in 1967, and final construction completed in 1969. The new bridge was the Kronenbrücke an oval-shaped twin bridge, enhancing traffic management and navigation on the inner city ring road. History was soon to be repeated as the current incarnation was unable to be modified to allow a planned tram line. The Kronenbrücke was demolished in 2015 to make way for a new economical bridge featuring a tram line. Its replacement, also called Kronenbrücke, has a simpler straight road guidance system which allowed a more economical bridge size.
The Platz der Alten Synagogue (Square of the Old Synagogue) is a square in Freiburg, Germany. With a size of 130 square metres, it is the second largest square in the city after Minster Square.
Franz Siegel Stadion, is an arena in Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany. It is primarily used for ice hockey, and is the home to the EHC Freiburg of the Oberliga. It opened in the late 1960s and holds 5,800 spectators.
The University Medical Center Freiburg (Universitätsklinikum Freiburg) in Freiburg, Germany is the teaching hospital and part of the medical research unit of the University of Freiburg and home to its Faculty of Medicine. The medical center is one of the largest and most reputable in Europe, due to its extensive clinical capabilities and advances in research. Medical services at the University of Freiburg date back to the university's founding in 1457, as the Faculty of Medicine was one of the four founding faculties.
website: https://www.uniklinik-freiburg.de/de.html, https://www.uniklinik-freiburg.de/en/uniklinikum.html, http://ims.uniklinik-freiburg.de/ru/glavnaja.html
Zum roten Bären (translation: to the red bear) is the oldest hotel in Germany and Europe. The foundations of the hotel predate the founding of the town of Freiburg by the dukes of the House of Zähringen in 1120.
Freiburg Minster (German: Freiburger Münster or Münster Unserer Lieben Frau) is the cathedral of Freiburg im Breisgau, southwest Germany. The last duke of Zähringen had started the building around 1200 in romanesque style. The construction continued in 1230 in Gothic style. The minster was partly built on the foundations of an original church that had been there from the beginning of Freiburg, in 1120.
The Schlossbergturm or Castle Hill Tower is a 35 m high observation tower on Castle Hill Schlossberg on the edge of the historic Altstadt of Freiburg im Breisgau. It has 153 steps, its top is located 463 m above sea level and thus 185 m above the average altitude of the city (278 m). The tower's design includes twisted tree trunks (Douglas-firs from the municipal forest of Freiburg) around a staircase made of steel. It has three platforms and the top is reached by a small spiral staircase. The tower offers a panoramic view of Freiburg and its surroundings.
The Martinstor (English Martin's Gate), a former town fortification on Kaiser-Joseph-Straße, is the older of the two gates of Freiburg im Breisgau that have been preserved since medieval times. Both gates, the Martinstor and the Schwabentor, are located in the city centre. In medieval times the Martinstor was also known as Norsinger Tor.
Wallgraben-Theater is a theatre in Baden-Württemberg, Germany.
The Augustiner Museum is a museum in Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany located in the former Augustinian Monastery building. It is undergoing an extensive renovation and expansion, the first phase of which ended in 2010.
Arlesheimer See is an artificial lake within the boundaries of Freiburg im Breisgau district, in Baden-Württemberg, Germany. At an elevation of 212 m, its surface area is 0.060 km². It was first excavated in 1966. The lake, as well as 12 ha of forest surrounding it, is designated as a nature reserve, so the lake is not open for swimming.
The Freiburg Institute for Advanced Studies (FRIAS) is the international research college of the University of Freiburg in Freiburg, Germany. The institute was initially part of the university's proposal for funding in the Excellence Initiative in 2007, an initiative by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research and the German Research Foundation with the aim of promoting both cutting-edge research and enhancing the international success of German higher education institutions.
Messe Freiburg (literally "Freiburg Trade Fair") is an event area and exhibition grounds in Freiburg im Breisgau.
Theater im Marienbad is a theatre in Baden-Württemberg, Germany.
ICAO airport code: EDTF; IATA airport code: QFB; website: http://www.city-flugplatz-freiburg.de/
website: http://www.ph-freiburg.de/, https://www.ph-freiburg.de/home.html