The Arlberg Railway (German: Arlbergbahn), which connects the Austrian cities Innsbruck and Bludenz, is Austria's only east-west mountain railway. It is one of the highest standard gauge railways in Europe and the second highest in Austria, after the Brenner. The 135.7 km line is a highly problematic mountain railway, in part because it is threatened by avalanches, mudslides, rockfalls and floods. It is operated by the Austrian Federal Railways (ÖBB) and frequented by international trains, including the Orient Express.
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Innsbruck (Latin: Dioecesis Oenipontanus) is a Latin rite suffragan diocese in the Ecclesiastical province of the Metropolitan of Salzburg (in western Austria), covering the Bundesland (state) Tyrol.
The Tyrol S-Bahn provides regional rail services in metropolitan Innsbruck, Austria and its hinterlands. At present, it is only a nominally an S-Bahn in that it only operates on the lines of the Austrian Federal Railways. Expansion projects, including new stations, however, are being planned.
The Medical University of Innsbruck (German: Medizinische Universität Innsbruck) is a university in Innsbruck, Austria. It used to be one of the four historical faculties of the Leopold-Franzens-Universität Innsbruck and became an independent university in 2004.
The Collegium Canisianum or simply Canisianum in Innsbruck, Austria, is an international priests' seminary of the Roman Catholic church run by the Jesuits.
The Tyrolean Folk Art Museum (German: Tiroler Volkskunstmuseum) is considered one of the finest regional heritage museums in Europe. Located next to the Hofkirche and across from the Hofburg in the Altstadt section of Innsbruck, Austria, the museum contains the most important collection of cultural artifacts from the Tyrol region.
The Tuffbach, also known locally as the Weissbach, originates in the Lepsius tunnel at the abandoned quarry of Hötting at 720 metres above sea level. It runs in a southerly direction past the Englishman's Tomb to the Hoher Weg where it merges near the old Hungerburg railway bridge with the Inn. The stream lies entirely within the municipal territory of Innsbruck.
The Grand Pond (German:Großer Weiher), also called Castle Park Pond, is located in the park east of the main entrance of Castle Ambras in the city area of Innsbruck, Tyrol, Austria. The lake was established by the Habsburgs for rare water birds.
The Rapoldi-Weiher lies in the park with the same name in the district Pradl in Innsbruck. It was erected as recreation area. With an area size of 1.5 ha the Lake is a larger waters in the city area.
The Fallbach is a creek in Austria. It has a length of 7 km (4 mi) and lies in full in Innsbruck's city area. It originates near the Gramart area on the Hungerburg at 900 metres (3,000 ft) above sea level. It runs straight in southern direction to St. Nikolaus where it merges with the Inn River.
The Tyrolean State Museum (German: Tiroler Landesmuseum), also known as the Ferdinandeum after Archduke Ferdinand, is located in Innsbruck, Austria. It was founded in 1823 by the Tyrolean State Museum Ferdinandeum Society (Verein Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum).
Messehalle is a convention center and sports venue located in Innsbruck, Austria. The venue hosted some of the ice hockey games for both the 1964 and 1976 Winter Olympics.
The Weiherburgbach originates above the Alpine Zoo of Innsbruck at 720 m above sea level and flows down in a southern direction to the Inn River. It has a length of 1.5 km and lies completely within a developed area.
Internationales Studentenhaus (ISH) in Innsbruck, the capital of the province Tyrol in Austria, has been providing student accommodation since 1958. The company that built and owns the residence was founded on 15 February 1952. That makes ISH the oldest private student residence in Austria.
The Alpine Club Museum (German: Alpenverein-Museum) in Innsbruck, Austria is a museum dedicated to the history of alpinism. Located in the Hofburg in the Altstadt section of the city, the museum is owned by the Austrian Alpine Club (ÖAV). In 2009, the museum was assessed as "excellent" for the Tyrolean and Austrian Museum Prizes, and was also nominated for the European Museum Prize in 2010.