Boulevard Richard-Lenoir, running from the Bastille to the Avenue de la République, is one of the wide tree-lined boulevards driven through Paris by Baron Haussmann during the Second French Empire of Napoleon III.
Boulevard Voltaire is a well-known boulevard in the 11th arrondissement of Paris. It was created by Baron Georges-Eugène Haussmann during the reign of French emperor Napoleon III. Originally named Boulevard du Prince-Eugène, it was renamed Boulevard Voltaire on 25 October 1870 in honour of the French Enlightenment writer, historian, and philosopher Voltaire.
The Cimetière Sainte-Marguerite was a cemetery in a common ditch located between Paris and the village of Charonne during the French Revolution. It was level with 36 rue Saint-Bernard and beside église Sainte-Marguerite in the 11th arrondissement of Paris. It received 73 guillotined prisoners from place de la Bastille between 9 and 12 June 1794 then the first victims from place du Trône Renversé (now place de la Nation) before bodies from there started being sent to the cimetière de Picpus.
The La Roquette Prisons were prisons in the 11th arrondissement of Paris, on both sides of rue de la Roquette. Opened in 1830, they were finally closed in 1974. Today the site of la petite Roquette is occupied by square de la Roquette, the largest square in the 11th arrondissement.
ENSCI–Les Ateliers, the École nationale supérieure de création industrielle, is a French design school located in the 11th arrondissement of Paris. As a public commercial and industrial establishment under authority of both the Ministry of Culture and the Ministry of Industry, it is the first and only French national institute exclusively devoted to the advanced studies in design. It is a member of the Hautes Études-Sorbonne-Arts et Métiers cluster and of the Conférence des grandes écoles.
Rue Saint-Bernard is a street in the 11th arrondissement of Paris.
The Rue Nicolas-Appert is a street located in Paris, France.
The disastrous Paris Métro train fire occurred on the evening of 10 August 1903, on what was then Line 2 Nord of the system and is now Paris Métro Line 2. There were 84 deaths, most at Couronnes station, so it is also known as the Couronnes Disaster.
Rue du Dahomey is a street in the 11th arrondissement of Paris.
The Institut supérieur européen de gestion group (ISEG group, French for Advanced European Institute of Management) is a group of two business schools, ISEG Marketing & Communication School and ISG Programme Business & Management, the former created in 1980, and the latter formed in 2014 when ISEG Business School and ISEG Finance School, each also founded in 1980, merged. In September 2017, ISEG Business & Finance School has mergered with the programme Business & Management of the ISG Business School. It is based in Paris, Bordeaux, Lille, Lyon, Nantes, Strasbourg and Toulouse, France. The group is mainly focused on teaching entrepreneurship.
Founded in 1989, the Galerie Patrick Seguin is an art gallery and exhibition space located in Paris's La Bastille district. Its current space has been designed by Ateliers Jean Nouvel. The gallery distributes the creations of designers and architects Jean Prouvé, Charlotte Perriand, Pierre Jeanneret, Le Corbusier, Jean Royere.In this capacity the gallery is urged by museums to contribute to exhibitions, especially:the Centre Georges Pompidou in Paris, MoMA in New York, the Vitra Design Museum in Weil am Rhein, the Museum of Decorative Arts in Paris, the Museum of Fine Arts in Nancy, the Venice Architecture Biennale.
The Lycée Voltaire is a secondary school in Paris, France, established in 1890.
The Pension Belhomme was a prison and private clinic during the French Revolution.
Rue Oberkampf (Oberkampf Street) is a street in the 11th arrondissement of Paris. It is named for Christophe-Philippe Oberkampf, an 18th-century German-born French industrialist.
The Théâtre Lyrique was one of four opera companies performing in Paris during the middle of the 19th century (the other three being the Opéra, the Opéra-Comique, and the Théâtre-Italien). The company was founded in 1847 as the Opéra-National by the French composer Adolphe Adam and renamed Théâtre Lyrique in 1852. It used four different theatres in succession, the Cirque Olympique, the Théâtre Historique, the Salle du Théâtre-Lyrique (now the Théâtre de la Ville), and the Salle de l'Athénée, until it ceased operations in 1872.
Sup'Internet is a private French school created in September 2011 and located at Paris. The school is part of IONIS Education Group and delivers three Bachelors in graphic design & content, internet business & management, development & web technologies.
The Théâtre de la Gaîté, a former Parisian theatre company, was founded in 1759 on the boulevard du Temple by the celebrated Parisian fair-grounds showman Jean-Baptiste Nicolet as the Théâtre de Nicolet, ou des Grands Danseurs. The company was invited to perform for the royal court of Louis XV in 1772 and thereafter took the name of Grands-Danseurs du Roi. However, with the fall of the monarchy and the founding of the First French Republic in 1792, the name was changed to the less politically risky Théâtre de la Gaîté. The company's theatre on the boulevard du Temple was replaced in 1764 and 1808, and again in 1835 due to a fire. As a result of Haussmann's renovation of Paris, the company relocated to a new theatre on the rue Papin in 1862, and the 1835 theatre (pictured) was subsequently demolished.
Ateliers Varan is an association of filmmakers based in Paris, France, whose primary work is running non-academic hands-on courses in documentary filmmaking both in France and across the world. Founded in 1981 with the spirit and support of Jean Rouch, it has trained generations of documentary filmmakers in places ranging from Vietnam to Kenya, Serbia, Georgia and Afghanistan.
The Amphithéâtre Anglais in Paris, also known as the Amphithéâtre d'Astley, was opened in 1782 by Philip Astley, the English inventor of the modern circus ring (hence Anglais), as the first purpose-built circus in France.
The Théâtre Historique, a former Parisian theatre located on the boulevard du Temple, was built in 1846 for the French novelist and dramatist Alexandre Dumas. Plays adapted by Dumas from his historical novels were mostly performed, and, although the theatre survived the 1848 Revolution, it suffered increasing financial difficulty and closed at the end of 1850. In September 1851 the building was taken over by the Opéra National and renamed again in 1852 to Théâtre Lyrique. In 1863, during Haussmann's renovation of Paris, it was demolished to make way for the Place de la République. The name Théâtre Historique was revived by some other companies in the late 1870s and early 1890s.