Niblo's Garden (Q3875796)

Summary from English Wikipedia (enwiki)

Niblo's Garden was a New York theater on Broadway, near Prince Street. It was established in 1823 as "Columbia Garden" which in 1828 gained the name of the Sans Souci and was later the property of the coffeehouse proprietor and caterer William Niblo. The large theater that evolved in several stages, occupying more and more of the pleasure ground, was twice burned and rebuilt. On September 12, 1866, Niblo's saw the premiere of The Black Crook, considered to be the first piece of musical theater that conforms to the modern notion of a "book musical".

Wikidata location: 40.7246, -73.9969 view on OSM or edit on OSM

matches

login to upload wikidata tags

no matches found

Search criteria from Wikidata

view with query.wikidata.org

theatre (Q24354) amenity=theatre
public building (Q294422) amenity=public_building, building=public
building (Q41176) building, building=yes

Search criteria from categories

Demolished theatres in New York City building=theatre, amenity=theatre
Former theatres in Manhattan building=theatre, amenity=theatre
Theatres completed in 1834 building=theatre, amenity=theatre
Theatres completed in 1849 building=theatre, amenity=theatre