Latest matcher run: Thu, 16 May 2019 10:30
Wikidata tags already added to OSM with this tool.
15 candidates found
Language order preference. edit
Georgetown College, infrequently Georgetown College of Arts and Sciences, is the oldest school within Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. The College is the largest undergraduate school at Georgetown, and until the founding of the School of Medicine in 1850, was the only higher education division of the university. In 1821, the school granted its first graduate degrees, though the graduate portion has since been separated as the Georgetown University Graduate School of Arts and Sciences.
USGS GNIS ID: 530605
Georgetown University Medical Center (GUMC) is the medical campus at Georgetown University. It is also a $225 million biomedical research and educational organization. The Medical Center contains over 80% of Georgetown University's sponsored research funding and is led by Edward B. Healton, MD, the Executive Vice President for Health Sciences and Executive Dean of the School of Medicine
Cooper Field, formerly known as Harbin Field and Multi-Sport Field, is a 2,500-seat multi-purpose stadium in Washington, D.C. on the campus of Georgetown University. The field was originally used for intramurals and was adopted for soccer in 1994 as Harbin Field. The name was changed to "Multi-Sport Field", a placeholder pending final construction, to reflect the football team's use of the field starting in 2003. In 2015, Georgetown changed the name to Cooper Field in honor of a $50 million gift from Peter and Susan Cooper which funded athletic leadership programs at Georgetown and construction upgrades to the field.
Georgetown University School of Medicine, a medical school opened in 1851, is one of Georgetown University's five graduate schools. It is located on Reservoir Road in the Georgetown neighborhood of Washington, DC, adjacent to the University's main campus. The School of Medicine works in association with the 609-bed Georgetown University Hospital, Washington Hospital Center, and nine other affiliated federal and community hospitals in the Washington metropolitan area. Georgetown is the oldest Catholic medical school in the United States.
USGS GNIS ID: 529723
USGS GNIS ID: 531907
Georgetown University is a private research university in the Georgetown neighborhood of Washington, D.C. Founded by Bishop John Carroll in 1789 as Georgetown College, the university has grown to comprise ten undergraduate and graduate schools, among which are the School of Foreign Service, School of Business, Medical School, Law School, and a campus in Qatar. On a hill above the Potomac River, the school's main campus is identifiable by its flagship Healy Hall, a National Historic Landmark.
website: http://www.georgetown.edu; USGS GNIS ID: 531568
The Chesapeake and Ohio Canal, abbreviated as the C&O Canal and occasionally called the "Grand Old Ditch," operated from 1831 until 1924 along the Potomac River from Washington, D.C., to Cumberland, Maryland. The canal's principal cargo was coal from the Allegheny Mountains.
The Georgetown Car Barn, historically known as the Capital Traction Company Union Station, is a building in the Georgetown neighborhood of Washington, D.C., in the United States. Designed by the architect Waddy Butler Wood, it was built between 1895 and 1897 by the Capital Traction Company as a union terminal for several Washington and Virginia streetcar lines. The adjacent Exorcist steps, later named after their appearance in William Friedkin's 1973 horror film The Exorcist, were built during the initial construction to connect M Street with Prospect Street.
NRHP reference number: 100004248
The Four Seasons Hotel Washington, D.C. is a luxury hotel located at 2800 Pennsylvania Avenue NW in Washington, D.C..
The Georgetown University Astronomical Observatory (also the Heyden Observatory and Francis J. Heyden Observatory) was founded in 1841 by Father James Curley of the Department of Physics at Georgetown College. Father Curley chose a site on the college grounds, planned the building, and supervised its construction to its completion in 1844. Costs were initially paid by Rev. Thomas Meredith Jenkins, S.J., and Rev. Charles H. Stonestreet, S.J., who were Georgetown professors at the time. The observatory was used in 1846 to determine the latitude and longitude of Washington, D.C., which Curley determined to be latitude 38°54′26N and longitude 5h8m18.29s (west of Greenwich).
NRHP reference number: 73002087
Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School is a private Roman Catholic college-preparatory school for girls located in the historic Washington, D.C. neighborhood of Georgetown. Founded in 1799 by the Order of the Visitation of Holy Mary (also known as the Visitation Sisters), it is one of the oldest continuously-operating school for girls in the country and the city as well as the oldest Catholic school for girls in the original Thirteen Colonies. It is located within the Archdiocese of Washington.
NRHP reference number: 90002146; website: http://www.visi.org/
Georgetown University School of Nursing & Health Studies (NHS) is one of the five undergraduate schools of Georgetown University. Founded in 1903 as the School of Nursing, it added three other health related majors in 1999 and appended its name to become the School of Nursing & Health Studies. The school has been at the forefront of education in the health care field, offering many programs unique to America's elite institutions. Offering undergraduate and graduate programs in the health sciences, graduates are prepared to enter the complex fields of medicine, law, health policy, and nursing. NHS is made up of the Department of Health Systems Administration, the Department of Human Science, the Department of International Health, and the Department of Nursing.
John Stoddert Haw House is a historic building, located at 2808 N Street, Northwest, Washington, D.C., in the Georgetown neighborhood.
NRHP reference number: 73002089